3 women in one room? Too much?

trevette1981

Okay, this summer my mom, sister and I are crusing with the whole family.

I wanted to know if we have the two beds and a roll away, will there be enough room for all of us? Will the roll away be taken out when we wake up and leave the cabin?

I'm 26 and my sister is 24, if that helps. My mom is pretty much carefree and doesn't bring as much as we do.

I want to get the rooms with 2 sets of bunk beds, but I am not sure where they are on the ship.

I wanted to know if we have the two beds and a roll away, will there be enough room for all of us? Will the roll away be taken out when we wake up and leave the cabin?

I'm 26 and my sister is 24, if that helps. My mom is pretty much carefree and doesn't bring as much as we do.

I want to get the rooms with 2 sets of bunk beds, but I am not sure where they are on the ship.

Which ship are you planning to sail on???

:cool: :cool: We had four in a cabin. Big king, fold out bed and upper bunk. Worked great. My daughter changed in the bathroom, My husband and I in main room and son out on the balcony(no one without binoculars could see him) They make up room and everything is back in place until you go back at night. Personally, I would sleep in the closet to go on a cruise. You will make do and figure things out, believe me. Bon Voyage. Cindy

About 6 years ago my in-laws gave us "kids" a cruise as a Christmas gift. We had 3 girls and my DH in one room with 2 sets of bunk beds (during the day the top bunks folded into the wall) We really had no problem. My DH got ready and got the heck out of dodge. Us girls had alot of fun getting ready together. The one that took the longest getting ready always showered first. Enjoy your cruise with the girls :D

We did three to an oceanview on Inspiration in May 2007. It was fine. The king was split in to two singles, one horizontal by the window and one along the wall opposite the desk/vanity/dresser area. The upper berth was above that bed. We had just the right amount of room. The upper berth was always put away when we left the room and was made up when we returned at night (after dinner). The only thing we did do was to give each other their own space/time per se when it was time to pack. We also respected each other's privacy if someone needed some "quiet" time. Bathroom time was staggered perfectly because one liked to dress early and have a cocktail, another had super short hair and could be ready in a flash and I've learned to be very organized when it comes time for dressing for dinner. Another thing I learned from cruising in October with another couple was that dresses are much easier to pack and take up less space than separates and you get dressed quicker.

One thing I learned after our last cruise was that under the couch in our room (also a third bed), there were pull out drawers for storage. Also, there is storage under the sink or at least on Triumph there was....Have a great time!

I've cruised 3 in a room before and it was no big deal. As long as the 3 of you are comfortable with each other then it will be fine, as I'm sure you are since you are family. I ma pretty sure they don't do a rollaway bed but instead make up the couch into a third bed. Its not like sleeping on a couch at home, it really is a third bed. To save room they may push the twin beds together to make a king. I would recommend looking at a oceanview room or balcony room just so it doesn't feel as claustrophobic with the 3 of you in there. Space for all out stuff was never an issue but nobody in my party travels with the kitchen sink either. But I'd definitely recommend going 3 per room, it really saves a lot of money and it doesn't diminish the quality of the experience.

As long as no one is large.:eek: I had a few plus sized aunts that shared a quad cabin and it did not work.They were miserable but to try and help it out 2 switched to late seating.With children its no problem.

I've cruised 3 in a room before and it was no big deal. As long as the 3 of you are comfortable with each other then it will be fine, as I'm sure you are since you are family. I ma pretty sure they don't do a rollaway bed but instead make up the couch into a third bed. Its not like sleeping on a couch at home, it really is a third bed. To save room they may push the twin beds together to make a king. I would recommend looking at a oceanview room or balcony room just so it doesn't feel as claustrophobic with the 3 of you in there. Space for all out stuff was never an issue but nobody in my party travels with the kitchen sink either. But I'd definitely recommend going 3 per room, it really saves a lot of money and it doesn't diminish the quality of the experience.

I was looking at oceanview b/c I am kind of territorial about my stuff, even with my mom and sister.

My aunt, uncle and cousin who was 11 cruised 3 to a room and said it wasn't bad, but I guess I am just used to me and my sister only and we have our set out space.

As long as we are going, I think I will be content.LOL. I just need somewhere to sleep and change clothes and shower.LOL.

Thanks for the info. There will be three of us (grown ladies:) ) in our cabin on the Ecstasy in January. I was wondering about the space. Thanks again y'all.

TisaBee...

My mother and my sister and myself were in an oceanview cabin on the Ecstasy in November...there was plenty of space, and my sister said the pull down bunk was comfy! We had connecting rooms with my two aunts, who had never cruised, and we left the door open most of the time. It was a lot of fun!!

Hello All

I have been on 3 other cruises and my two other brothers and I have had inside rooms and never had a problem and were big dudes,were all mature about it anyways being me 23 and them 21, esp when the parents pay, we can careless ,who really cares about it anyways, a cruise is always better than being at home and working...... :D :D

I traveled with my 2 girl friends we had 2 twins and a upper it was just right. And we always over pack. I thinkI would rather have an upper than a roll away.

I think it would depend on how well you all get along and how you all pack as well. Last year, we took a trip with me, my DH, my kids who were 18 & 20 and we had a suite so there was no problem.

Next year on the second part of our back to back cruise, my best friend and I are going to be sharing a balcony cabin and I THINK we'll be ok......lolol...I'm very non-materialistic and she's absolutely the opposite however we get along well.

NOW, if you tried to put me, my sister and my mother in one cabin for a week, which is the same situation as you, it would be a disaster! I'm talking somebody wouldn't come out of that cabin alive! lololol........

TisaBee...

My mother and my sister and myself were in an oceanview cabin on the Ecstasy in November...there was plenty of space, and my sister said the pull down bunk was comfy! We had connecting rooms with my two aunts, who had never cruised, and we left the door open most of the time. It was a lot of fun!!

Thanks! I wish we were in adjoining rooms, kind of hard with 13 of us I suppose! Thanks for the great info.

The older ships allow for roll aways-- booking three people with a guarantee cabin you take a HUGE chance of getting that roll away- Book a set room with at least 3 beds--either an upper or a sofa bed. That roll away takes up too much space.

The steward will fold it up but it remains in the room. (still precious space)

Archived