Monarch of the seas

ehschief

No real questions, I know it is an older ship and I have read both good and bad reviews. Part of the fun of a cruise is the fun you make yourself. We are 34 people and we will have fun. I just wanted to kind of get a feel for the activities since it is such a short cruise.

Thanks

We are doing a quick weekend trip with 15 couples, anyone have a copy of the Compass for the 3 day cruises?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing...
I have mine from the Dec 14 -> 17, 2007 cruise. Just send me an e-mail to zefh at msn dot com and I'll e-mail them to you.

Here is a link to my review ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=35839

Even though the Monarch is an older ship she has a great staff and crew! Lot's of smiles and they go the extra mile for you! I have always found Bolero's to be a great place for drinks, dancing and just people watching in general! Have a fun trip! You have enough people in your group to make your own fun no matter what is going on!

I am not worried about having fun, it is a great group we are going with, we did New years together last night...and we are all excited about the cruise. We did 2 cruises last year, one to the Mediterrean and one to Alaska, but there is something about the 3 day cruises that are so exciting, I thin mostly because it is just a party and we can drive to the port in 20 minutes...

I first sailed on the Monarch of the Seas April 15, 1995 - a little less than 13 years ago. December 3rd, 2007, I did my 17th cruise on her and Feb 4, 2008, I sail again. I love the ship and her crew. She is the reason I have now done 60 RCI cruises in under thirteen years. When I walk onto the ship, I truly feel at home. There was a major renovation done when the ship came to California and they did a wonderful job. I especially like Boleros. All the bartenders are terrific, some I've known since my first cruise all those years ago.

I usually try to do the four day sailings since I can't bear to get off in three days. There are plenty of activities though I don't do much anymore, I just hang out with my crew friends. Two years ago, the ship was in San Francisco for dry dock for ten days - I took a week's vacation at that time and every day and night, I was out with the crew, showing them my city. I am really sad that Royal Caribbean is moving the Monarch out of California in October and we will not have an RCI ship on the West Coast in the 3-4 day cruise market. I hope everyone will write to the company and protest this change!

I just booked a 4-nt Bahamas itin on the Monarch for next year and I wanted to know if the cabins have safes in them. Years ago we sailed on her sister ships, Sovereign and Majesty, and there we no safes in the cabins, but that was before the refurbishments. TIA for any replies!

Karen

I just booked a 4-nt Bahamas itin on the Monarch for next year and I wanted to know if the cabins have safes in them. Years ago we sailed on her sister ships, Sovereign and Majesty, and there we no safes in the cabins, but that was before the refurbishments. TIA for any replies!

Karen

I was in an ocean view cabin and could not find the safe, so I asked my cabin attendant and was told there was no safe. But here, look for your self ...

2608towarddoor.jpg

2608towardwindow.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

There isn't one in here either ...

IMG_2967.jpg

I was in an ocean view cabin and could not find the safe, so I asked my cabin attendant and was told there was no safe. But here, look for your self ...

2608towarddoor.jpg

2608towardwindow.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

There isn't one in here either ...

IMG_2967.jpg

Thanks for posting the pix of your cabin. Nope, I don't see a safe either. I'd forgotten how small the outside cabins are on these older ships. Good thing it'll only be for 4 nights!

Karen

My four day cruise on the MN in early December, I spent the last two days in the Royal Suite. Talk about a thrill! The original occupants got off in Catalina and I was upgraded - what an upgrade. It was funny because I was on with a group of nine friends...forensic colleagues. One of my buddies had asked me, "What's the Royal Suite like?" I told her, "I'm not really sure." Then, at the Diamond - Platinum party, the hotel director and guest services manager came up and said, "Carmen, you're going to the Royal Suite." It was so nice to have all my friends see it first hand! It was hard to drag myself away from there...since I know I won't have that happen again! I guess it helped that I had had 59 cruises, 16 of them on the Monarch.

Fabulous accomodations and, from that balcony, I could hold hands with Captain Teo on the bridge!

Archived