Is this why you buy more than 1 FCC?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

On our last cruise, we purchased one FCC per person, and have used that to book our upcoming cruise on the Grand Princess in March. It now appears that we are looking at another cruise in June for our 10th anniversary, and I would like to book soon, but since I have used my FCC for the March cruise, I don't have another to book a June cruise.

Do I have any options, or would I have to wait to be on my March cruise to book a FCC for a June cruise, or since I have a cruise on the books, can I book a 2nd and get the credit?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes this is why we buy more than one FCC. BTW you only needed to use one of your FCC and pay the extra $100 for the additional person in your cabin and you would have both been able to get the OBC. Maybe Princess can reverse one of the FCC from you current booking and apply it to your new booking and charge you the additional $200 deposit ($100 for each booking). It's worth asking them.

I didn't read the letter about FCCs carefully, so used both of ours to book a cruise for Feb. Two months ago we wanted to book an additional cruise for next Nov. Despite what the first Princess rep who answered the phone said (I've so often found that if I don't get the answer I want, but I think I'm right, I just keep trying until I get a rep...and I'm talking any kind of company...that knows what they're talking about), my online TA managed to remove one FCC from the first booking, and apply it to a second booking (great, because it's a longer cruise, so I get more OBC for it!).

I am a happy camper (cruiser), because I was sure kicking myself for not realizing that I didn't have to use both in the first place.

I didn't read the letter about FCCs carefully, so used both of ours to book a cruise for Feb. Two months ago we wanted to book an additional cruise for next Nov. Despite what the first Princess rep who answered the phone said (I've so often found that if I don't get the answer I want, but I think I'm right, I just keep trying until I get a rep...and I'm talking any kind of company...that knows what they're talking about), my online TA managed to remove one FCC from the first booking, and apply it to a second booking (great, because it's a longer cruise, so I get more OBC for it!).

I am a happy camper (cruiser), because I was sure kicking myself for not realizing that I didn't have to use both in the first place.

I booked directly through Princess, and I will call them. I don't recall when I booked that they even asked me if I wanted to use one or both of my FCC's, I think they just applied both automatically, at least I don't think they asked me. I will call and explain and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

Mike

To answer your question to the thread that you started. Yes that is why we buy more than one. I usually have three on the books. 3 for me and 3 for my DH. Then we have plenty. They are good for 4 years.

Marilyn

To answer your original question, yes, that's why I always have two FCCs on account -- "just in case."

Call Princess and ask to have one of the FCCs removed from your booking. You'll pay $100 deposit for that person instead but then you'll have the FCC for the next booking. Again, you'll have to pay $100 for the 2nd person in the cabin.

Ive tried in the past to "reverse" a fcc. they wouldnt let me. told me that I was not able to use it for another booking once it was already used. The only way would be to cancel the booking completely then rebook without it.

You only need to use one FCC for booking a cruise. If you don't have one in the "bank", book one onboard your next cruise and apply it to the new cruise booking. I always book FCC onboard and book one for myself, and on another day, book one for my hubby. I use the forms at the FC desk and put them in the slot. I always ask for some "Share The Wealth" coupons, too. That way, if friends want to join us on a cruise, they get the same Ship Board Credit that we enjoy.

Last February we booked a cruise to hawaii with no FCC. Luckily the travel agent had a $100.00 per person deposit. We went on a cruise in March. I purchased a FCC for myself and my wife. When we arrrived back home, I called my TA and he applied it to our Hawaii cruise and we recieved the $200.00 ship board credit. No problems at all!!!

I too like to have more than one FCC in my account that way if another cruise comes along that I want to book I always have a FCC to use to book it and get the OBC's. Since you have 4 yrs to use it I figure that there is no way that they'd go to waste. As well you can get a refund if you don't use them.

We have never purchased a FCC but want to. We do not live in the US but do use an US on line TA for booking cruises. We do not use Princess air. Can we buy FCC in US dollars on board and apply to a booking made thru a US TA? I have read a few posts that appear to indicate that if we are Canadian, and buy a FCC on board....that we can only use it on cruises booked thru a Canadian TA. We use US TA's because of the high exchange rates that Princess imposes. Thanks.

Does Princess still give out "Share the Wealth" coupons when you purchase FCC's onboard? I was under the impression these were no longer offered....Hope I'm wrong!

I just got two STW coupons last week when I booked two FCC's on the Coral.

We have never purchased a FCC but want to. We do not live in the US but do use an US on line TA for booking cruises. We do not use Princess air. Can we buy FCC in US dollars on board and apply to a booking made thru a US TA? I have read a few posts that appear to indicate that if we are Canadian, and buy a FCC on board....that we can only use it on cruises booked thru a Canadian TA. We use US TA's because of the high exchange rates that Princess imposes. Thanks.

Hi there, I too am Canadian and I always specify on board that I want my BCC to be in US Dollars. I believe there is a box to check off on the FCC purchase form to indicate that. I also always book my cruises through US TA's because I have found the prices to be better especially the poor exchange rate that Princess has been offering since I've been cruising. So the answer is yes you as a Canadian can buy your FCC in US dollars and continue to book your cruises through a US TA.

Hi there, I too am Canadian and I always specify on board that I want my BCC to be in US Dollars. I believe there is a box to check off on the FCC purchase form to indicate that. I also always book my cruises through US TA's because I have found the prices to be better especially the poor exchange rate that Princess has been offering since I've been cruising. So the answer is yes you as a Canadian can buy your FCC in US dollars and continue to book your cruises through a US TA.
Benny is correct - there is an option on the form so that you can specify Canadian or US dollars.

Last February we booked a cruise to hawaii with no FCC. Luckily the travel agent had a $100.00 per person deposit. We went on a cruise in March. I purchased a FCC for myself and my wife. When we arrrived back home, I called my TA and he applied it to our Hawaii cruise and we recieved the $200.00 ship board credit. No problems at all!!!

It sounds like you were able to purchase a FCC while on a cruise and apply it to a cruise you had already booked, which would fit my description as well. Does that sound right? I could go ahead and book my summer cruise, and purchase enough FCC's on my cruise in March, and apply the needed FCC's for the summer cruise, correct?

That work work fine for me.

Thanks,

Mike

Archived