Adult Beverages

The only adult beverage packages are 3 different wine packages available in the dining room (savings are only about 10%). They do advertise drink specials, but that generally means they promote those special drinks which are usually at about the same price as normal.

Hank

We are going on the Marnier of the Seas on 1/6/08. Does this ship offer any adult beverage packages for the week or any daily adult beverage specials? I know alcohol mixed drinks can get expensive even the beer was rather pricey. Thanks

Not that I know. The only coctail card I know of is $50/person but I think it has to be a group cruise of 50 people or more.

:(

Here are prices from our recent Navigator cruise:

Pina Colada: $6

Run Runner (frozen): $5

Rum Runner on the rocks: $6

Dewars (Whiskey) with water on the rocks: $5

Coke: $1.75

Miller Lite (bottle): $3.75

Cappuccino: $2.50

Those prices are reasonable, I think.

OK thanks for the quick info. How strict is the boat about letting me bring a liquor bottle on the boat that I purchase from a port? We went on Disney a couple years ago and they would run your bag thru the xray machine upon reboarding the boat but didnt act like they cared if we purchased a bottle at one of the ports. Thanks

OK thanks for the quick info. How strict is the boat about letting me bring a liquor bottle on the boat that I purchase from a port? We went on Disney a couple years ago and they would run your bag thru the xray machine upon reboarding the boat but didnt act like they cared if we purchased a bottle at one of the ports. Thanks

Somehow I knew it would end up there. :mad:

If you are going to bring something on, I would suggest using a service that can deliver to your room.

We did that when sailing on the Jewel last April. They would get basically any type of alcohol, including beer, and for a small charge deliver to your room. We then used ice and the mini fridge to keep it cold.

My uncle is a big beer drinker so I had a case delivered to his room and to our room. Saved a bundle!

If you are going to bring something on, I would suggest using a service that can deliver to your room.

We did that when sailing on the Jewel last April. They would get basically any type of alcohol, including beer, and for a small charge deliver to your room. We then used ice and the mini fridge to keep it cold.

My uncle is a big beer drinker so I had a case delivered to his room and to our room. Saved a bundle!

RCI no longer allows this type of service.

Yes I guess it has to lead to that. If the boat cannot offer any type of discounts or specials then of course people will want to bring their own on. Most of the drinks on the Disney cruise were more then your local bar or restaurant. It was crazy but I thought maybe Disney's intention was to persuade people not to drink since it is a family type ship/atmosphere. I do not have to drink but do like a drink every now and again. Mostly draft beer which is very cheap for a ship to serve. FYI

Yes I guess it has to lead to that. If the boat cannot offer any type of discounts or specials then of course people will want to bring their own on. Most of the drinks on the Disney cruise were more then your local bar or restaurant. It was crazy but I thought maybe Disney's intention was to persuade people not to drink since it is a family type ship/atmosphere. I do not have to drink but do like a drink every now and again. Mostly draft beer which is very cheap for a ship to serve. FYI

The prices on board aren't out of line with what you pay on land.

Since RCI doesn't allow alcohol to be brought on board most pax figure that expense into their daily budget allowance.

RCI does have a daily drink special.

I guess your comparison of prices will vary according to where you live or what kind of bar or restaurant you are comparing it with, but in the greater Boston area, the prices for beer and mixed drinks, and soft drinks as well, are higher than what you will pay onboard ship. Now, I'm not talking about the prices in the member's lounge of your local VFW or Elks organization, but if you are talking about a moderate-priced family restaurant the prices are not out of line, and if you are talking about a lounge in a high-priced restaurant or hotel lounge, prices onboard are significantly cheaper.:) You might also rid yourself of the notion that the cost of serving a drink or a food item bears much if any relation to the amount that they charge. That isn't how food or beverage establishments set their prices. :rolleyes:

I can't remember which ship it was, but I bought a drink card at the bar once. It was good for 10 drinks or 10 domestic beers. It was either on the Brilliance or the Explorer.

And it was probably about five years ago, since that's when they got rid of it. :)

Should I ask why you remember such a traumatic event, Carol?:D

Funny, Bill!

Actually, my memory so often sucks, but if I can hang it on a specific event, or series of events, it usually works better.

Cruise #1: 8/2002, Explorer, 7 day eastern Caribbean, Cabin 7688. Drink card available.

Cruise #2: 12/2003, Explorer, 7 day eastern Caribbean, Cabin 7688. No drink card available.

And it was probably about five years ago, since that's when they got rid of it. :)

Well I bought the drink card on either the Nov 02 sailing aboard the Explorer, or an 04 sailing aboard the Brilliance.

I still have the card somewhere. Has a drink or 2 left on it..........lol

I never thought the drink/beer prices were out of line! They're cheaper than in most bars in No. Va.!!!!

Considering the food is part of the cost of the cruise, buying only drinks isn't such a hardship!

Cheaper and Soooooooooo much Stronger on the ship!!:D

Make sure you don't order any of your drinks in the souvenir glass because they are several $$ more expensive. Tell the waiter you do NOT want one.

We tried this on one of our cruises and the waiter told us they only served the special martinis in those glasses and they were included in the price of the drink, so I have one martini glass for that price I brought it home with me.;)

We got hit with a drink in souvenir at the buffet we were at as we boarded the ship the first day. Waiter was walking around with a tray of drinks and asked if we wanted one. It was my first cruise so I said sure give me two. I thought they were free or cheap. The "glass" was plastic and about $8.50 for each. I hoped it was crammed with alcohol for $8.50. Nope not even a little buzz off that sorry rip off drink. I will be better prepared next time (6 days away!). Thanks

Archived