Convicted felon cruising?

Grits53

Just for the record, a felony never leaves your record, even if a juvenile when the offense occurred.

If the offense was handled in a juvenile court, those records are sealed. Only the court has access to them!

If there was a gun involed in a robbery at 17, more than likely he was tried as an adult. My friend in high school was charged as an accessory to armed robbery at 17 and was in the car, not the store. He served 4.5 years for that as an adult in a minimum security prison.

Hi Glama!

We loved Braddocks when we docked there, we moved to Buffalo in 2002, so we are now on the canal in Gasport. We still have quite a few boating friends in Rochester. (do we know you??)

What did you think of the Legend, Jane and I are set to sail on her in March..

Take care.

LOL, not sure if you know me, but my father is "Red", from Braddocks, do you know him?? We know George and Linda T. who live on the Genesee River, our boat is docked about 3 down from theirs (I saw the Cannery Row on your website).

Anyhow, the Legend is our all time favorite Carnival ship! We loved the decor, and the layout. I'd love to sail her again some day. We've also sailed her sister ship, the Miracle, and while we loved it (had an aft wraparound balcony), we didn't like the decor as much as the Legend. You'll have a great time!

We do not have any convictions, however when we went through customs on the way home, no one even looked at our passports. They asked us how much alcohol we had with us, we told them and they looked at our customs paper and we were out of there in seconds. The custom agent didnt even look at our passports.

We do not have any convictions, however when we went through customs on the way home, no one even looked at our passports. They asked us how much alcohol we had with us, we told them and they looked at our customs paper and we were out of there in seconds. The custom agent didnt even look at our passports.

Well that says a lot for US Customs if they didn't even check your passports!!

Out of interet a convicted paedophile has just been bumped from a cruise near Australia. New Caledonia weren't having him in there. Good for them.

The Customs agents don't really need to look at your passports. When we debarked our last RCI cruise, my neice debarked with us, as she was flying home with us rather than her parents. We realized as we were waiting in customs line that she did not even HAVE her passport, no ID, nothing. They didn't care.

My point is, by the time we are debarking the ship, Customs is already fully aware of who is on that ship, they've probably already cross checked everyones ID, and can (and have) detained anyone that needs to be detained. I've seen customs agents on several cruises, knocking on cabin doors in the wee hours of the morning. They don't wait until debarkation morning to check ID's, they do it from the passenger manifest.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a friend who would like to cruise, but he's not sure that he can get a passport and/or cruise to different countries. He was convicted of a felony and served his time. I think there was a gun involved in the robbery that he was convicted of, but no one was hurt. He was only 17 when this happened, and it was a long, long time ago. Can anyone tell me if this will prevent him from having a passport and/or cruising? Thanks.

I wonder what is going on.. I hope all is well!

Archived