Colonial Hilton beach and nearby beach?

39august

In April our tablemates said they walked right into the Colonial Hilton and used the facilities and no one approached them to pay. They also said a beach a bit further was even nicer, but had no facilities. Can anyone tell me the name of the beach past the Colonial Hilton? And has anyone else used the Colonial Hilton lately and did they charge?

The British Colonial is hit or miss. I use it all the time, just walk into the property like I belong there. I've been doing it for years. Some folks have been stopped, when they obviously look out of place.

As for the beach further down, it's called Junkanoo Beach or Lighthouse beach. There are no lounges etc, and except around Spring Break, there are no concessions or rest rooms etc.

But the beach is open to the public, and just a pristine as the rest of the bahamas. This is a public beach, not raked every day etc, like the resorts do.

BCH is well maintained but small, Lighthouse beach is a pretty long stretch of beach reaching down to Arawak Cay and the Fish Fry.
My preference is the BCH, but some don't like it because it's too close to the docks. To me, that's the beauty of it.

You'll be close to both.. check it out.

Archived