Cosol Reservation

melgray13

We just got back from Serenade last week and booked St. Lucia with COSOL. When you get off the ship, go into the terminal building there and you will see a guy with a COSOL sign. He will have a list with your email address on it. Be on time as they are pretty prompt about leaving. It was a great tour and I highly recommend it. Saw a lot of the island, ate and drank a lot and the tour guides were all a lot of fun.

We thought Cosol and the tour was great! This was my favorite stop on our cruise. Cosol was easy to find off the ship. He had 4 or 5 vans that could seat 8-12 people in them. The vans were comfortable, new and air conditioned. I never worried about my safety driving across the island on steep, narrow roads. One of the stops was a local food tasting stop. On a huge table, there were probably 10 platters of different kinds of local foods to snack on and sample. Johnny cakes, breadfruit balls, fish balls, coconut candy, papaya, golden apples, guava, tangerine, flying fish fritters, plantains, banana ketchup, etc. I tried everything and loved it all! I didn't think that I'd like any of the fish stuff, but it was all wonderful! The other stops included a banana plantation which I found to be very interesting, a botanical garden, the drive-in volcano (somewhat disappointing only because I live near Yellowstone National Park and how can you top that?) and the beautiful beach at the Jalousie Plantation Resort nestled in between the Pitons. On the way back from the beach we had the fresh, hot baked bread with cheese and it was wonderful. For the $50 I paid and the 6 hour tour I got with free food and drinks, I thought this was the bargain of the cruise. I left that island feeling like I had a great cultural experience and I cannot wait to go back! Not all islands leave me feeling that way!:)

For those of you who have toured with cosol, how long did you spend at the beach? Thanks!

We wanted 1 and 1/2, Others wanted 1/2 hour, so we settled on 1 hour at the beach. Excellent snorkeling and wished we had more time. Cosol vans ( we Had Yellow Bird) lets the people decide. Try for more time at the beach resort.

We just returned from the Caribbean and took Cosol's tour. It was really nice. He goes to all the places he states in his "form" response. The roads are windy, but I found it an adventure. He stops at a local home where there is a great view and the woman there provided tastes of local foods. Try the deep fried breadfruit roll ups. Yum. They also provide water, beer and rum punch throughout the trip. There are some really nice stops for photos. Our tour guide was Baptist and we had a few other vans with us, one containing Cosol himself. The vans are clean and air conditioned. It was a nice (long - almost 7 hours) day.

Be sure to try the St. Lucia ****** Cosol offeres.... Trust me!

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone who has done the tour tell me how long the tour continues AFTER the beach stop? Is it about done then? how much longer in the van - and until you get back to the ship (wondering about the wet bathing suit issue!)

Thanks,

Just got back today....

will pst a detailed review later on this week, but as stated the roads are VERY windy as in roller coaster not breeze. Our van of 10 people ended up with 5 people with motion sickness. Beach stop was 45 minutes, many did NOT change as the changing room are not individual but a very large room with no privacy. Beach chairs are 20 bucks an hour to rent. We wandered around (very small area) and took pics. Should be about an hour of te tour let after the beach. Our tour ended up being about 8 hours as Yellowbird had to drive slowly if he didn't want to clean up his van...

We had a blast. St. Lucia was my favorite port on our cruise and we had 4 other stops on the Crown Princess. Yellow Bird was our driver. He was great. Very informative about the island. The bananas that we had were so sweet! All of the food on the tour was good, but the hot bread and cheese were wonderful! The only problem I had was with some honey that I bought at the stop where the buffet lunch was. I got it home and it is fermented. Didn't realize honey would do that! Certainly not anybody's fault though. Just something that happens, I guess. If I get to go to St. Lucia again, I would book another tour with Cosol. Maybe I would skip the volcano though. It was very crowded when we were there. Couldn't hear the guide's talk. It was an interesting stop though. I can't imagine a better way to see the island and experience a little "local flavor"!

Just got back today....

will pst a detailed review later on this week, but as stated the roads are VERY windy as in roller coaster not breeze. Our van of 10 people ended up with 5 people with motion sickness. Beach stop was 45 minutes, many did NOT change as the changing room are not individual but a very large room with no privacy. Beach chairs are 20 bucks an hour to rent. We wandered around (very small area) and took pics. Should be about an hour of te tour let after the beach. Our tour ended up being about 8 hours as Yellowbird had to drive slowly if he didn't want to clean up his van...

Thanks for the info. I had already read about the windy roads and plan on taking some bonamine just in case - and will skip the $20 chairs - as for the change room - were there not private toilets/bathrooms where one could change if they were not into the 'communal thing'?? Were there any fresh water showers anywhere? outside/inside? Depending on how 'wet' I am may need to change into dry clothes if there is at least another hour or more before we get back to the ship!

I used a rest room that had 2 private stalls, if I remember correctly. There were showers nearby too. They were in another small building. No doors on them though. Not private at all. But you could rinse off and then change out of your swimsuit in the rest room.

We took a Cosul tour last week (from aboard the Norwegian Jewel). Everything was wonderful! Two recommendations: WEAR your bathing suit under your clothes so you don't have to change at the snorkeling area (there are only 2 bathrooms to change in and we lost about 15 minutes in line), and if you get carsick definitely sit up front. The snorkeling is beautiful -- enjoy!

We are not going on our cruise until November but wanted to know how far in advance do you have to book with Cosol?

We booked last July for our cruise next week. I'm not sure if that was really necessary since he fills up several vans but after reading all of the reviews we just wanted to be sure that we had this booked.

THANK YOU for the information. I feel much better now. I can't wait to get on vacation!

Cosol will meet you and don't worry about anything. He is great, and you will have a fabulous day for very little money. Enjoy! Wish I could return tomorrow.

Bjrose:)

Archived