Cosol Reservation

melgray13

dhip-

i have a question, what did you do with your camera when you were snorkeling and on excursions and not taking pictures (your pics. are beautiful by the way). My husband and I are taking our first cruise in three weeks to the south. carib. and I am not sure about the best way to travel with my camera (which looks to be about the size yours is). Thanks for your help!

dhip-

i have a question, what did you do with your camera when you were snorkeling and on excursions and not taking pictures (your pics. are beautiful by the way). My husband and I are taking our first cruise in three weeks to the south. carib. and I am not sure about the best way to travel with my camera (which looks to be about the size yours is). Thanks for your help!

I have a camera bag for the camera and then it goes inside a waterproof tote bag while I am snorkeling. I always try to find a compartment on a catamaran where it stays dry. With Cosol, I left it in the van while we were in the water. On excursions, it is always hanging on me :eek: I use a strap that I put across my body and the camera hangs near my hip. I never even notice it is there because it goes most places with me!! LOL.

Glad you liked the pics. Hope to get many more this next cruise. Have fun on your first cruise!!

Cheers, Denise

We went on this tour from our Crown Princess Cruise. One of the best tours ever. We had John Baptiste and he was wonderful. Plan for a full day, we took our own snorkel gear and wore our bathing suits under our clothes. (Take a Towel) They do have dressing rooms if you want to remove wet bathing suit. Snorkeling is very good saw alot of different fish..they do have a web site just put in Cosol St Lucia. They also feed you all day long and have drinks for you...you see just about everything there is to see on the Island. I can't say enough about the tour.:)

We will be on the same tour and the same cruise we just rec. confirmation and I wondered about being late myself. Maybe we will run into each other.

:)

We just received confirmation from Cosol today as well for January 31st. I was a bit concerned over the fact that our itinerary shows us not docking until 8:00 am, but he emailed me that the ship was almost always a bit early and waiting was usually not a problem. Should I be concerned? We are on NCL's Pearl and I don't know if NCL has early tours booked, if so, I know those individuals usually get priority when it comes to getting off the ship first and that worries me as far as meeting Cosol.

Is it a far walk to where they wait? Just wondering if I should look for a backup plan.

Thanks

Debbie

We will be on the same tour and the same cruise we just rec. confirmation and I wondered about being late myself. Maybe we will run into each other.

:)

Debbie,

Have no fear! You'll be fine. Cosol will be right there in the terminal with a sign with his name on it! He'll have a clipboard with everyone's name on it, and he'll wait until everyone is there. He has a number of vans and drivers and is very well organized. He will take you to the van, and then everyone takes off in a "caravan." I think you will be so pleased with Cosol and with his tour. As for a back-up plan, it seemed to us that Cosol was the main tour operator on St. Lucia, and he is definitely the one you want. You will love St. Lucia! We were there on the NCL Jewel in December, so please ask if you wish any further information.:)

Bon Voyage!

GG

We took his tour last week and Cosol was our driver. It was the best tours we have had of any of the island tours we have taken but I may have also been impressed by the fact that St Lucia is now my favorite island! Cosol gave us a full fun day showing us all over his island - he knew everyone and everyone knew him. He told us about the various sites stopping at various locations to let us taste generous samples of many island fruits and treats and offer us various drinks including a delicious rum punch. At the end of the tour there was hot bread and cheese for the ride home.

He confirmed my email and sent the details of the place / time to meet and told me not to pay in advance but pay in cash after the tour is over.

There is a reason he is the name you see all over this site. Believe me - you will not go wrong with Cosol's tour.

Hello-

Didn't see a form on his website to pay with credit card. Is this a cash only thing? Just want to know so we can bring enough cash. Also, I have emailed him twice with no response :( Anyone?

Yes, you'll need to have cash to pay him at the end of the tour. These island operators are not set up to take credit cards. Don't worry that you haven't received an immediate email from him--this is the high season, and he's out all day every day with tours. He'll be waiting for you when you get off the ship, holding his sign with his name on it. Trust me, you'll be delighted with everything about his tour. :)

We toured St. Lucia with him in December; another couple went with us. We all agreed that he was absolutely the best. You'll love St. Lucia, too! Wish we were going back.

GG

Reading all your reviews (as recent as yesterday!) confirms we made the right decision to tour the island with him. My question is for you who took your own snorkeling gear...did you take your flippers & masks or just your snorkel mask. We are a group of 4 & wondered if there's room for everything in the vans?

PS. Nice pics dchip!

For the Cosol tour, I just had my mask and snorkel. Left the flippers at home this cruise. Where you snorkel there is no need for the flippers ;-))

There was a little time for shopping when we got back into town.

Glad you liked the pics. Can't wait to do it again!!!!! Just got our docs today. We will be in St Lucia on March 19.

Cheers, Denise

Just wanted to add our praises for the Cosol tour - we just returned from the QM2 Jan 3. trip - and as we were tendered we were quite delayed getting to the dock - but Cosol was waiting for us and we had a QM2 van for the 10 or 11 of us from the ship. The tour was very interesting and informative - and the food was amazing. What a buffet of fruits and island foods!! And the hot bread and cheese was delicious too!

We had to miss the waterfall as our last tender was at 3.15pm - but we enjoyed our hour at Jalousie beach. It's an incredible location.

Excellent value for money and a really enjoyable day. :)

We just returned from an 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy and have to share with you all that we feel the Cosol's tour was the best of any tour we have ever taken on any cruise.

Cosol is simply great. Nobody is at his level, there are a couple that are good but he excels. First of all he is very personable, humerous, he knows everybody, has all tour details down pat and is extremely well organized. His tours are fun as well as educational.

The island is beautiful, the best roads in the Caribbean, and everything is "clean". You have to look real close to see any kind of trash anywhere.

This one tour that you just have to take anytime you may find yourself in St. Lucia. We will do it again the next time we visit the island.

Jim Robison

Hi Jim,

We agree with you totally about Cosol's tour--it was wonderful. My husband & I went with him in December. I am trying to find some photos of his tour to add to our album. Do you have any that I could print? I'd especially like to have pictures of all of those fabulous "meals" he served, as well as any you took of the sign at the waterfall or at the volcano. My husband had been ill and my camera somehow fouled up. We'd be so appreciative. :)

Thank you.

Connie

There's probably not a better form of "advertising" than all these highly positive notes of feedback left from all you prior customers. Thanks for your comments, reviews & keeping our excitement level jacked WAY up for our day in St. Lucia!

I had set my expectations very high, based upon the reviews I read. Cosol's tour last week exceeded those expectations. You can't go wrong with this tour. :cool:

Eric

I had set my expectations very high, based upon the reviews I read. Cosol's tour last week exceeded those expectations. You can't go wrong with this tour. :cool:

Eric

I'm really excited about our tour in a couple of weeks from all these fantastic reviews. Are all the drivers/guides as good as Cosol or would it be necessary to request him as our driver? Thanks.

Trudy

The drivers are all well trained and were fantastic. Each of the vans travels seperately, but you get to the various destinations within minutes of each other. Cosol is always there to talk to you and greet everyone. We had Baptiste. He was funny and informative. No worries as to your actual driver.

As for Jalouise beach, even if you are not a beach person, lay down your beach towel and enjoy one of the most amazing views you can have. The beach is directly between the Pitons and right at the base of Petite Piton. There is nothing petite about it, as it is an imposing sight! There is also snorkeling available, just bring your own or rent it for a nominal fee. The sand is soft and the views amazing. Expect to be at the beach for about an hour and 10 minutes. There is something for everyone on this tour! If you choose to rent a chair from the resort, expect to pay $20 per chair. I would recommend saving the $20 to tip your driver. The sand is comfortable for the short time you are there. Just be sure to bring a beach towel from your ship.

There are no vendors on the beach, and Cosol's guys did not expose any of us to aggressive vendors. There are some opportunities to purchase local crafts along the way, but you have to approach the vendors yourself, they do not bother you. This was really a nice feature. St. Lucia is beautiful. Cosol's tour gives you many highlights of an impressive island.

Eric

Archived