Which is worse: bed bugs on a cruise OR............

Ick, I assume the mice don't bite and my clothes and luggage won't have to be fumigated, but still ick!!:confused: Hope the flight wasn't to long. Hard to keep your feet off the ground for lengthy periods in an airplane seat.

Not sure there will be sweet dreams tonight!!:( ;)

Gee, thanks Carol. :p First it was videos of hotel rooms where glasses weren't washed properly, now there are mice running around in airplanes.:p We had mice in our first apartment. DH has a mental image of me standing naked on the side of the tub, screaming at a mouse running around on the floor of the bathroom.:o He loves to bring that one up around company.:rolleyes:

Neither are pretty thoughts!!

I recall a vacation 20 years ago when dating an old boyfriend who took me to his trailer in Maine and there were about 30 dead mice scattered about when we arrived at midnight. I freaked out!! He told me that I didn't know how to have a good time!!

We've stayed in places in the Caribbean and the states that had bedbugs.

BUT...You haven't lived until you wake up in bed with a big hairy scorpion!! It was in our house in St. John..a moment I will never forget!!

I'll take bedbugs and mice any day!!

OMG!! :eek: I have a true mouse phobia and go hysterical when I see one. A few years ago, my Grandmother passed so my Dad had to store some of her belongings in a building behind his house. Well, my sister and I decided to go thru it one day. I was pulling some stuff out of a box when a big ol' mouse ran up my arm. Plus, inside the box were little baby mice. I just about died right then and there. I was screaming, crying, shaking...it was horrible. It took me hours to calm down, and to this day, the experience still creeps me out. I, too, get teased about it.

WORSE: Bedbugs!:D

As a former girl scout I am prepared for that also.;)

But to be honest I think the worse thing was when I was staying at a hotel in the Chelsea area of NYC for a conference . I woke up only to see roaches, now that is a BIG yuck.:eek: I know they do not bite, but who wants to get out of bed to put their feet in the ground.:(

Mice are easy. Roaches are nasty looking, and I wouldn't want them either. But bedbugs bite, and they are sneaky, insidious and hard to get rid of. Train cars are fumigated for roaches, public transit is fogged for fleas. Now they'll probably start putting little bait packs on airplanes for mice. That is really odd, that mice would get established on an airplane. :D

Gee, thanks Carol. :p First it was videos of hotel rooms where glasses weren't washed properly, now there are mice running around in airplanes.:p We had mice in our first apartment. DH has a mental image of me standing naked on the side of the tub, screaming at a mouse running around on the floor of the bathroom.:o He loves to bring that one up around company.:rolleyes:

One more tasty tidbit: mice don't have to pay for a plane ticket, bedbugs don't have to pay for a cabin (not even the fuel surcharge).

As a former girl scout I am prepared for that also.;)

But to be honest I think the worse thing was when I was staying at a hotel in the Chelsea area of NYC for a conference . I woke up only to see roaches, now that is a BIG yuck.:eek: I know they do not bite, but who wants to get out of bed to put their feet in the ground.:(

I knew there was a reason I am going to buy my own pillow and blanket for my flight to Australia in June...:D

also double whammy Barbara..just booked a hotel on Priceline last week for Chelsea area of New York before our Explorer cruise in April:eek:

160.jpg

Travel with complete confidence..

This is pretty funny! When I go away I sleep in long sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt......If I go by car I bring my pillow and a blanket........my husband says I sleep in a body condom.......just like the picture above

LOL! I'm a farm girl and so all the mice, snakes, bugs (EXCEPT BED BUGS!) don't bother me :)

When I was at the dorm in collage we had a very bad mouse problem. At least 2-3 times a night I would hear a very loud shreek from somewhere in the dorm and about 30 seconds latter someone would be banging on my door yelling for me to go get the mouse out of their room :p

Never did get much sleep but always got LOTS of gifts from gratefull collage mates ;)

What's wrong with a cute little mouse? :D

I agree Alexis.....Mouse has been my nickname for over 40 years :) my husband gave it to me when we were engaged because I was always so quiet...(what happened since!!) But those mice...no way!!

Carol, now you've done it and I will have another sleepless night tonight! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived