Can we make this flight?

sue.young

Wondered what your thoughts are, arriving from Panana Canal on the Brilliance to Miami on a Friday at 7 am , flight leaves Fort Lauderdale at 10$% am. Is this be done?

Thanks

Too risky. To many senario's to worry about. I wouldn't.

Besides all the good logic of the other responses, the biggest piece of this is why would you want to put yourself through the stress of getting off the ship early, and then getting transportation to FLL? Considering you'd have to be at the airport at least an hour prior to boarding, it would be a hellish experience to put yourself through. I would think that would be an awful way to end a great cruise. Book a later flight and relax! Have a great time. I did the PC on the Brilliance in '06 and it was amazing!!!

Actually, we were on that same cruise, and were at the airport before 9am. Just make sure the ship knows you have an early flight. We DID NOT do the self-debarkation--we were in one of the 1st groups off the ship, however. This was to MIA, though. (Sorry--should read more carefully!) I still think it's possible!

Thanks for the comments, booked a later flight now have 8 hours in FLL, will go to the airport as early as we can and if we can make the earlier flight great. If not will leave our bags with the shop at the airport that will hold them until 5:30pm and do a slow day of shopping in FLL.

Thanks everyone!

Wondered what your thoughts are, arriving from Panana Canal on the Brilliance to Miami on a Friday at 7 am , flight leaves Fort Lauderdale at 10$% am. Is this be done?

Thanks

:confused: You got to be joking...right!!!!:D :D

Would my wife and be just as crazy to attempt an 11:15am flight from FLL when our ship debarks from FLL at 7:00am?

It's our honeymoon and either way, we don't want to end our cruise on a sour note. But due to a schedule change with our airline, we had to change our flight and this was one of the best options available.

So are we good? :cool:

TIA!

Would my wife and be just as crazy to attempt an 11:15am flight from FLL when our ship debarks from FLL at 7:00am?

It's our honeymoon and either way, we don't want to end our cruise on a sour note. But due to a schedule change with our airline, we had to change our flight and this was one of the best options available.

So are we good? :cool:

TIA!

I made a 11:40 flight out of FLL and we docked in Miami. You should be fine as the airport is only like 10 minutes away.

We drove ourselves crazy by padding extra time into our flight plans on our first few cruises. Now, the idea of sitting in an airport for ours is more reugnant than any stress about the ship arriving late. If you watch the ship's locator on the tv in the room, you'll realise how the ship is usually so close by the time you go to bed the last night. While ship's might be late to a port due to weather, they are RARELY late on disembarkation day as there is way too much to do. Our 7 a.m. arrivals have almost always been an hour or two early, with the exception of HAL.

Archived