First timer allowed in Past Guest party?

Grits53

Ahhh, how rude! Who said sneak in, I said walk in as someone's guest! When you attend a wedding it in understandable that you will be bringing a guest. When you are invited to ANY event you are expected to bring a guest!

Robb, you are probably one of the people who would write a review of everything that was sub par and complain about what everyone else did on their cruise!

I would like to know where you live, that you are EXPECTED to bring a guest? I have never heard of this, and believe me I have been to many events all over the world and have never brought an uninvited guest.

I'm with those who believe the Past Guest Party is for past guests.

It's one of the very few little perks we get for being a repeat cruiser (until the 10th!).

There were so many "past guests" on Glory that the party was held in the theater. That was a new one for me.

Also....I've never received an invitation that said "and guest". I have shared a cabin with a new cruiser and my invitation did not say that.

So....for the party crashers....have fun!!!

The past guest party invitation never, ever has said "& guest", but then I've only seen 13 of them. But what the hell, break ALL the rules you don't like and have a great cruise on the fun ship CARNIVAL CHAOS.

The rules are for other people anyway.

Dan

I've never seen on a cruise contract where an internet cruise board has any authority on a cruise ship. :confused::confused::confused:

Ask the purser or CD. I'm sure they would prefer to see more smiling happy people than grumpy complaining ones. :p

Ahhh, how rude! Who said sneak in, I said walk in as someone's guest! When you attend a wedding it in understandable that you will be bringing a guest. When you are invited to ANY event you are expected to bring a guest!

Robb, you are probably one of the people who would write a review of everything that was sub par and complain about what everyone else did on their cruise!

You apparently do not understand the word PAST Guest means. by the way an invitation to a wedding does not necessarily mean you can bring a guest. According to Dear Abby and even Ann Landers (yes I know she is deceased) unless the wedding invitation says you and guest you are not suppose to bring a guest.

I would like to know where you live, that you are EXPECTED to bring a guest? I have never heard of this, and believe me I have been to many events all over the world and have never brought an uninvited guest.

not hard to figure out read the avatar........

You apparently do not understand the word PAST Guest means. by the way an invitation to a wedding does not necessarily mean you can bring a guest. According to Dear Abby and even Ann Landers (yes I know she is deceased) unless the wedding invitation says you and guest you are not suppose to bring a guest.

Its nice to know that you are educted thru Ann Landers, If you would like to go back and re-read my post. I have received an invite that said "& guest" when I was traveling with my boyfriend. I have also received one on HAL that stated the same thing.....

Can you imagine how crowded the past guest party would be if every past guest invited all of their table mates who may not be past guest to the party?

I mean its the neighborly thing to do. :rolleyes:

Its only 30 to 45 minutes long. If you are travelling with someone who is not a past guest I am sure they can entertain themselves for that long. I mean really.

The name of the party is past guest, not first timers. Hey maybe the first timers should have their own party! :D

DH and I got an invitation for each of us, no guests to the PAST GUEST PARTY. Sorry, but I don't get the big deal. It's not like it's all night. Your roomie can find something to do while you are at it, or dont' go if you dont' want to leave her all alone for 45 minutes. These are getting more and more crowded from what I have heard. They do collect the invites at the door. On Glory in 06, the lounge was very crowded, and I assume it will be worse this Nov. BTW, what the first timer is missing is a drink or two, a bite to eat, and a slide show of ships so those that have been on previous cruises can cheer for the ships they've been on. Hey, a first timer can't cheer for their past cruises can they? I know on our last cruise (Oct 07), with a group of friends on Princess, being our first Princess cruise, we never expected to attend the past guest party with the group we were traveling with.

For the poster who said when you attend a wedding, it's understood you bring a guest, that's a no. You only bring a guest if the invite specifically says you and "guest". Otherwise, you are inviting someone the host wasnt' expecting which besides being rude, is just wrong.

If you are a past guest and have a person traveling with you YES they can go to the party with you. As a matter of fact your invitation will say "Ms Sue Smith & guest" I have cruised many times and brought my boyfriend last cruise his first; and they included him in the invite, he was with me and therefore my date!

Go and enjoy it

My invite on the Triumph last month did not say my name and guest. It said my name only. We went and they took it at the door for us to enter.

what's the big deal? go and get your free drink regardless of who is there. most of you act like the past guest party is an exclusive golf club where minorities are kept out. maybe by letting pax bring a friend, it entices that person to sail again, and bring a friend of theirs. we're all on the ship for the same reason, to get DRUNK!!:p

p.s., i am a past guest, but probably won't attend, i need stronger drinks than that!;)

what's the big deal? go and get your free drink regardless of who is there. most of you act like the past guest party is an exclusive golf club where minorities are kept out. maybe by letting pax bring a friend, it entices that person to sail again, and bring a friend of theirs. we're all on the ship for the same reason, to get DRUNK!!:p

p.s., i am a past guest, but probably won't attend, i need stronger drinks than that!;)

I dont go on cruises to get drunk but ok.

So let me know when someone in your family is going to get married and I will complain until someone lets me in. Why pass up a chance at free food and booze right? :D

The why don't you go to the bar and order a stronger drink??

Why pass it us, go get a drink & leave...it's free:)

the last carnival ship i was on there was not a bar in the large theater room, and it appears that's where they hold some of the partys.

They let my DH in the past guest party with me on our cruise in 2006.

I am going to back track just slightly.

I would agree that someone who is a past guest who is on a cruise with their boyfriend/girlfriend, husband or wife who is not a past guest should be able to invite their partner. Its only natural.

When it starts getting into friends and drinking buddies you met at the bar......

So let me know when someone in your family is going to get married and I will complain until someone lets me in. Why pass up a chance at free food and booze right? :D

there's a little sarcasm there ron, don't take it so literally. who said i would complain about not getting a friend in? or are you just being sarcastic?;)

for the record, i go on a cruise to get away from my kids!:)

It's not a wedding' date=' it's a silly past guest party. [/b']

Do you people look out the doors and windows and make monkey faces at the people who have "not earned" to be at your "party" ???:D :D

Too funny...I'm so glad these boards only represent a minute portion of cruisers...lighten up and have some fun !!!

My husband and I were both past cruisers with Carnival. However, our first cruise was pre passport and he goes by his middle name- Scott. However, now with a passport, his paperwork always says Edward- his first name. Because they only had a "Scott" and not an "Edward" as a past guest, he is not in their system. So on our past cruise, I had a gold card, he did not. Stupid I know. However, I received an invite for me only. But he went anyway. They had a bag for me to drop the invite into and we went inside. No questions asked

there's a little sarcasm there ron, don't take it so literally. who said i would complain about not getting a friend in? or are you just being sarcastic?;)

for the record, i go on a cruise to get away from my kids!:)

I was going along with this whole silly thing.

BUT I really cant pass up a chance to crash a bar mitzva. I just introduce myself to "Uncle Morty" and tell him I am his cousin Freedas youngest. Bam I get 100 bucks!

P.S. Thanks for not bringing the rug rats. :D

Ballarinamom and Cruzin Ron..... thanks for bringing some sense to this nutzo post. I could not imagine taking a g/f-guest on a cruise and leaving her in the cabin while I attended the past guest/45 min. gig. And I would bet money that Mr. Arison and the Captain would be on my side. Any takers??? I'll make the call.

I am concerned about people who can not understand plain English and what it means. Past guest means that you have cruised with Carnival before and therefore are invited to the past guest party. If you have not cruised with Carnival before you are not invited to the party. Its very simple. People who are not eligible to attend and sneak in are probably the same people who are chair hogs, cut in buffet line, save seats at the shows etc.

Robb

And smuggle booze on board!?!

Archived