Which type of room to choose?

My wife and I are planning our first cruise on RC. We have been on 4 other cruises on different lines and always had a inside room. We are going on the Liberty or Mariner. We are looking at a balcony or promenade room. Any info on either ship or room type would be helpful.

Personally, I wouldn't sail without a balcony! A balcony just adds to the whole cruise experience!

I'd go up to a balcony, as a promenade is just an inside room with a view to the inside of the ship. If you're going to pay more, you may as well get something better than an inside view!

I feel that a Promenade cabin is a nice step up from an inside cabin. You don't feel like you're staying in a closet. That being said, these cabins are tight when you walk in. The bed is over by the bathroom and closet since the seating is over by the window. It's fine when you get past the bed, but it's a bit tight getting past the end of the bed.

I've seen cruises where PR cabins were about $50 more than inside cabins (when I stayed in one) and cruises where PR's are more that outside cabins (the next one I'm on). So I have to consider prices for the different types of cabins and how much I was willing to spend for a particular cruise.

I hope this helps.

Depending on your Budgit, I agree, a Balcony will give you that added pleasure of sitting out at night on your Veranda, watching the stars, or just a chance to relax in your room and not be sitting on the bed. I have not been on the Liberty, but have been on the Brilliance and soon to be on the Radiance of the Seas in Oct.

Radiance of the Seas Roll Call to Hawaii Oct 11, 2008

My wife and I are planning our first cruise on RC. We have been on 4 other cruises on different lines and always had a inside room. We are going on the Liberty or Mariner. We are looking at a balcony or promenade room. Any info on either ship or room type would be helpful.
Personally I would get an ocean view. Unless you spend a lot of time on your balcony they are way overblown. The only time we are on ours is when we are entering or leaving port.

I am posting the same thing on here as I did on your other thread with the same topic, just as others did, lol.

We love balconies and I can't imagine sailing on a ship without one now. Having said that, if I were on a cruise with a port a day or close to it, the promenade cabin might work. I don't know that I could convince my husband because he's claustrophobic, but also he's up at 5 or 6AM, so he probably could go on deck.

I guess it really depends on how much time you spend in the cabin. We tend to spend more time because we have a balcony. I love sitting out there with coffee in the morning and then later in the day, when we've come back from shore excursions. It's so nice to sit and relax on the balcony.

On second thought, maybe I couldn't do a promenade. Hmmmm?

No matter, choose which you think is best for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived