For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Does the Adventure have flat screens? Also when was the last time she was dry docked? Looking into sailing her again next year?

Thanks

The old TV's were being swapped out last Feb/Mar for flat screens. I know for a fact that all suites (including JS) have flat screens. I also know that at least 80% of all cabins have flat screens, but I have also heard that some of the ocean view and insides still have the older TV's. Drydock was less than 2 years ago and she is in good shape :) The crew take very good care of her!

The old TV's were being swapped out last Feb/Mar for flat screens. I know for a fact that all suites (including JS) have flat screens. I also know that at least 80% of all cabins have flat screens, but I have also heard that some of the ocean view and insides still have the older TV's. Drydock was less than 2 years ago and she is in good shape :) The crew take very good care of her!

Thanks, we will most likely be in an Inside or Oceanview so save some$$ so hopefully they will have the new TVs, not that it really matters but they are much nicer:)

I'll be coming back to this thread in the later months if we book the cruise while on the Liberty Feb 5th:D:D

Thanks Robyn.

Thanks' date=' we will most likely be in an Inside or Oceanview so save some$$ so hopefully they will have the new TVs, not that it really matters but they are much nicer:)

I'll be coming back to this thread in the later months if we book the cruise while on the Liberty Feb 5th:D

Thanks Robyn.[/quote']

You are very welcome :)

Here is an insiders tip.......when I arrived at my cabin last March 2010 for a B2B cruise (same cabin both weeks) a JS on deck 10, I was very disappointed to see an old style TV still in the cabin :eek: My parents in the cabin next door had a flat screen :eek: The minute I saw the Cabin Attendant I asked if he could please swap out the old TV for a new flatscreen (okay, I did say hello first!) That night when we returned from dinner, there was a nice, shiny new flat screen waiting for us! It never hurts to ask.....and/or whine a bit! LOL! Needless to say, he was tipped appropriately :p

You are very welcome :)

Here is an insiders tip.......when I arrived at my cabin last March 2010 for a B2B cruise (same cabin both weeks) a JS on deck 10, I was very disappointed to see an old style TV still in the cabin :eek: My parents in the cabin next door had a flat screen :eek: The minute I saw the Cabin Attendant I asked if he could please swap out the old TV for a new flatscreen (okay, I did say hello first!) That night when we returned from dinner, there was a nice, shiny new flat screen waiting for us! It never hurts to ask.....and/or whine a bit! LOL! Needless to say, he was tipped appropriately :p

You should have asked him to swap out your cabin for the Royal Suite. Of course, only after having said "hello" first.;)

You should have asked him to swap out your cabin for the Royal Suite. Of course, only after having said "hello" first.;)

You make me laugh!!!!!!

If I had the Royal Suite......how could I ever go back to COACH??? :eek:

Our goal should be to live in a world without classes! ;)

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on doing b2b cruises on the same ship on the same itinerary? I ask because we have stopped taking 7 day cruises because they are not long enough for me to unwind before winding myself back up again for getting back to a very stressful job. (I spend much of the first 3-4 days on email :eek:- then I tend to pack the laptop away only to get it out the last 2 days because I just "know" there are 1000 urgent requests awaiting me :(). I have found that 10-12 days are perfect and after 14 days I am ready to get back home. This has left alot of RCCL cruises out of the choices because so many of them are the same 7 day cruises every week (except for those transition times). That is why we are doing the 13 day AOS transatlantic on 1 May. (It also helps that the internet satellite often is not avaialble in the middle of the ocean:o).

Perhaps we are missing out by taking b2b cruises out of consideration? I see on the boards that some people do it all the time so I would appreciate your insights.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on doing b2b cruises on the same ship on the same itinerary?

If you look, you will find a number of ships, including Adventure, that have two itineraries so you go to different ports each week. But we have no problem staying on the same ship and doing the same itinerary for two weeks, no problem at all! :D DH prefers to stay on board during port days but I like excursions so doing the same ports two weeks in a row means that we do an excursion in each port once and stay on board once. This works for us anyway. Staying on board for the second week is just heaven, we really don't care where it's going, just as long as we get to stay on.

Thanks so much for all the great info. This will be our first sailing on AOS, and we were a bit concerned with a larger ship--(we are Serenade lovers!) We've never starved on board any cruise, and we do manage to find seats wherever we go, and meet very interesting people--perhaps because we are not close talkers or low talkers!

We did visit Dominica last year and found it very beautiful, and a bit wild. We went on a rafting trip, which was great fun, and stopped at a very crowded waterfall with lots of people, but the best was the Emerald pool, also known as the fountain of youth---we are much younger now!

We walked around the town a bit, found the town library and there was a great craft market too. It is definitely not a glitzy place, but I didn't feel unsafe.

One of the guys on my cruise is asking if Adventure offers flavored water. I guess there is flavored water on Oasis/Allure. Also, if so, is it free? And what are the flavors?

The first I saw of this flavoured water was on the Freedom in November. I did try it, and was not a fan. It was very sweet and tasted very artificial. My cruise mate drank it all week in the WJ and loved it :) I forget the flavors, but there were at least 3 through the week.

One of the guys on my cruise is asking if Adventure offers flavored water. I guess there is flavored water on Oasis/Allure. Also, if so, is it free? And what are the flavors?

I didn't see any flavored water on my recent Adventure cruise, but sometimes you get FREE iced-tea-colored water out of the bathroom sink :p.

As of December 12, 2010 stateroom 8672 had an old-style TV. But who cares? All they show are ancient movies anyway (at least DW always had it tuned to TCM). There's a lot better action outside of the stateroom...Honey! What I meant was...

The first I saw of this flavoured water was on the Freedom in November. I did try it, and was not a fan. It was very sweet and tasted very artificial. My cruise mate drank it all week in the WJ and loved it :) I forget the flavors, but there were at least 3 through the week.

That is no good for me. I hate sweet tasting drinks. I will stick with the iced tea..... and not the kind coming out of the bathroom faucet.

Hello again, need help on choosing a beach in Curacao......

Mambo beach aka Seaquarium beach which is where Breezes resort is OR

Holiday Beach where the Marriott is.....I have read the boards and they just confuse me, Cas Abao Beach has great reviews but I dont want to be so far from port plus the cab fare ranges from $40-$60 each way:eek:

I want a beach for half a day and then walk the bridge for some late lunch & shopping.....thanks

...from a great Adventure OTS cruise!

Don't think I'll do a full review, but some highlights:

-Embarkation day was pretty painless, boarding was held up till about 12:30? due to some immigration issues, debarkation on last day was also held up till about 8:30...apprently there are some immigration bottlenecks that are still occuring. Not enough to bother us!

-Staff is remarkable, all friendly and helpful that we encountered. Cabin attendant Pedro was the best, dining staff (including headwaiter) all very attentive, and did not encounter any staff that was not helpful and friendly. Very pleasant cruise in that respect!

-Special shoutout to Reshma the Concierge, she helped make this great cruise a very special one for us, both precruise and during. We very much enjoyed her help and great attitude!:)

-Another shoutout to Gia and the other champagne Bar staff. Really created a friendly environment that helped a group of us regulars to have a great time. And Gia was another that made this cruise very special for us.:)

-Ship is in fine shape. Yes things might be down for maintenance, but never for long. How else can they keep it up?

-Capt Ole was a lot of fun, and CD Anna Bass was pretty good

-Food was good to great. Portofinos was great, as was the Chops filet ordered for slight upcharge in MDR. But plenty of selection in MDR and everything we got was pretty tasty (and the lamb chops were amazing!):D

-Shows included El Gaucho, two comedian types, and the always wonderful Hot Art Cool Ice show. I think I missed both the production shows:rolleyes:

Really, the only negative I can point out was that we had to get off and return to the frigid north!:eek:

I will try to answer any questions, as I get the chance.

bobj

Archived