For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

If she is allowed to infiltrate this world, then George Costanza as you know him... ceases to exist! …If Relationship George walks through this door, he will kill Independent George! A George, divided against itself, cannot stand!

George: "...bawdy George, independent George."

Jerry: "I love that George."

George: "Me too...and he's DYING, Jerry."

Or.....maybe I could find kosher people and put lobster in their scrambled eggs!!!! Same episode, right? :p

Here is an excerpt from one of my fave George Costanza episodes...

If she is allowed to infiltrate this world, then George Costanza as you know him... ceases to exist! …If Relationship George walks through this door, he will kill Independent George! A George, divided against itself, cannot stand!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beginning to think that this is some kind of "code talk" so that the moderators don't know that you are saying bad stuff. I am on to you Calvin Klein Robyn....;)

Last year we did the RCI excursion in Antigua, I think it was called beach break? At any rate, it is the same beach where the Sandals is and we really enjoyed it - I think it was about a 20 minute ride from the port?

St. Maarten is our absolute favorite for the beach :) We rent a Jeep every year and head straight to Mullet Bay Beach (most people go to Orient Beach, but we prefer Mullet by far!) the most incredible crystal clear water!!! If you want a beach close to the port - because Mullet Bay is about a 35 minute ride, there is a beach that runs along Front Street in Phillipsburg - not a bad spot, but there is more hustle and bustle because of it's location.

St. Croix.......still trying to figure out what, if anything we are going to do? We didn't get off the ship last year, instead we stayed onboard and relaxed as it was the last day of what was a 14 day cruise for us!!!! :)

Looking forward to meeting you onboard week #2!!!

Hi Robyn

So this is where you have been lurking:D

Not enough time to keep up with all of the threads this week. Today I am trapped at home, are you? Roads are closed. We were not supposed to get much of a storm but obviously no one told the weather. I have declared today PACKING DAY:D Tis the season!!!!!! It should be cleaning the house day, but the dirt will still be there tomorrow now won't it!

I cannot wait until we board on the 20th. Hopefully mother nature gets this out of her system by the time we fly out on the 19th.

Dee

Hi Robyn

So this is where you have been lurking:D

Not enough time to keep up with all of the threads this week. Today I am trapped at home, are you? Roads are closed. We were not supposed to get much of a storm but obviously no one told the weather. I have declared today PACKING DAY:D Tis the season!!!!!! It should be cleaning the house day, but the dirt will still be there tomorrow now won't it!

I cannot wait until we board on the 20th. Hopefully mother nature gets this out of her system by the time we fly out on the 19th.

Dee

Hi Dee :)

Yes, this is where I have been lurking! Gotta keep this thread alive!!

If you look at the GTAA website today - you will see that every flight to points south ie: Miami, Cancun, Puerto Plata etc all took off on time this morning in spite of the snow! I am not all that worried about weather interfering with our travel plans :D

I really need to get the whole packing thing underway. I am leaving in just over a week and so far the suitcase is in my bedroom...but that's about it!

Looking forward to meeting you onboard!!!

I am beginning to think that this is some kind of "code talk" so that the moderators don't know that you are saying bad stuff. I am on to you Calvin Klein Robyn....;)

Tell us the real meaning of Ocean Boy ........:rolleyes: O.B ....are you an Obstetrician? :p

Tell us the real meaning of Ocean Boy ........:rolleyes: O.B ....are you an Obstetrician? :p

Wow, no I am a family physician but what a great guess you came up with. OK, here is the amazingly interesting, or not, story behind how I came up with O.B....

I had been reading these borad for awhile then one night I wanted to post a question. I had never given any thought to registering or what handle I wanted to use. So I quickly came up with Island Boy, which also happens to be the name of a Kenny Chesney song but I digress. And by the way, I grew up on an island as a boy but, again, I digress. I tried to register but the handle was taken much to my dismay. Now, I really wanted to get my question posted so I am sitting, somewhat annoyed, and thinking to myself... now what do I do? Then the thought came to me.... what are islands surrounded by.... an ocean. So I try registering as Ocean Boy and it goes through! And here I am all these years later.

Not as interesting as you were hoping for, huh?:o

Wow, no I am a family physician but what a great guess you came up with. OK, here is the amazingly interesting, or not, story behind how I came up with O.B....

I had been reading these borad for awhile then one night I wanted to post a question. I had never given any thought to registering or what handle I wanted to use. So I quickly came up with Island Boy, which also happens to be the name of a Kenny Chesney song but I digress. And by the way, I grew up on an island as a boy but, again, I digress. I tried to register but the handle was taken much to my dismay. Now, I really wanted to get my question posted so I am sitting, somewhat annoyed, and thinking to myself... now what do I do? Then the thought came to me.... what are islands surrounded by.... an ocean. So I try registering as Ocean Boy and it goes through! And here I am all these years later.

Not as interesting as you were hoping for, huh?:o

I'm still patting myself on the back for almost figuring out that you are a Doctor! :D Hehe

Neat story about the origin of Ocean Boy.......now I am curious as to what island you grew up on?

Hi all-

Crusing on the Adventure March 6th and really excited! (First Royal Cruise as well) Counting down the days....tick tick tick

Curious.....with the port intensive schedule, what do you guys find you like to do in the way of breakfast?

Also, what do you think of Portofinos?

We pretty much have breakfast in the Windjammer every day - we like the selection :) My DH is usually up way before I am, so he brings me a coffee before we leave the cabin. Just an FYI - the Cafe Promenade has take out cups with lids if you want your coffee to go!

We have enjoyed dinner in Portofino's many times -we usually do dinner there once during a B2B. The service is usually excellent.

Hi all-

Crusing on the Adventure March 6th and really excited! (First Royal Cruise as well) Counting down the days....tick tick tick

Curious.....with the port intensive schedule, what do you guys find you like to do in the way of breakfast?

We have breakfast in the Windjammer every morning. We really enjoy the Windjammer and have most of our meals there and we don't really use the main dining room much at all any longer. I am usually out of the cabin by 5AM the lastest. I stop by the Café Promenade and get some coffee. Then I go up on deck and walk around and we all meet up just before breakfast opens.

I'm still patting myself on the back for almost figuring out that you are a Doctor! :D Hehe

Neat story about the origin of Ocean Boy.......now I am curious as to what island you grew up on?

Nantucket.... it is off the coast of Massachusetts.

Hi all-

On days I had an excursion planned we did room service, to be delivered about an hour before, that was our "wake up call", then I could enjoy my first cup of coffee on my balcony. Other mornings we did MDR, as a more lazy way to start off my day.

Nantucket.... it is off the coast of Massachusetts.

I think there is a rhyme abour Nantucket? :rolleyes:

You must be looking forward to your next cruise!!!! How many more sleeps and who is travelling with you this time? :D

I think there is a rhyme abour Nantucket? :rolleyes:

You must be looking forward to your next cruise!!!! How many more sleeps and who is travelling with you this time? :D

Just what does a nice girl like you know about Nantucket rhymes????:eek::D

24 days and Oasis should be sailing in about 10 minutes.

Just what does a nice girl like you know about Nantucket rhymes????:eek::D

24 days and Oasis should be sailing in about 10 minutes.

I don't think there is anything obscene about this rhyme.....?;) This is the one the nice girl found when she googled it :)

There once was a man from Nantucket

Who kept all his cash in a bucket.

But his daughter, named Nan,

Ran away with a man

And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

. 24 days.......you must be getting very excited!!! Are you sailing with family?

There once was a girl from Toronto.

She needed to get away pronto.

So she booked a nice cruise,

Bought a new dress and shoes

But when she boarded she got sent to the naughty room for smuggling alcohol in a Rumrunner, wore flip-flops and torn jeans in the MDR, saved pool chairs for hours on end, missed muster drill, smoked in non-smoking areas, took a young child into the hot tub in a diaper, didn't tip her cabin steward or wait team and posted her trip report in Wingdings font...OH!

There, does it rhyme? :o

But when she boarded she got sent to the naughty room for smuggling alcohol in a Rumrunner, wore flip-flops and torn jeans in the MDR, saved pool chairs for hours on end, missed muster drill, smoked in non-smoking areas, took a young child into the hot tub in a diaper, didn't tip her cabin steward or wait team and posted her trip report in Wingdings font...OH!

Perfectly.:D:D:D

Schmoopie!!!!! I have a stitch in my side from laughing so hard!!!!! :D Clearly this is the BEST thread with the BEST people on CC!!! :p

AVIATOR...I agree lets nominate OCEANBOY,CKROBYN & TOONJIE for the award or key to the city;) they should at least get a free pre-cruise hotel & dinner. Also he should read this whole thread!!!

OCEANBOY & SCHMOOPIE......I look forward to reading your comments here everyday for a good laugh AND NO I DON'T CARE if this is an information forum or just a few cruisemates passing the time.

ROBYN....you should be MS ADVENTURE or MS PUERTO RICO, i love the zest you have and put in everything you write...i'm so happy I found your forum on the AOS because of it, i booked this ship.

TOONJIE....I would have never gotten my favorite hotel on priceline in san juan if it wasn't for you...thank you

Just wanted to take this time and say thank you to all of the positive & cheerful people on this board, and either i'm sailing RCI or carnival or whatever.i will always lurk here:)

Even though i never watch SEINFELD:eek:

AVIATOR...I agree lets nominate OCEANBOY,CKROBYN & TOONJIE for the award or key to the city;) they should at least get a free pre-cruise hotel & dinner. Also he should read this whole thread!!!

OCEANBOY & SCHMOOPIE......I look forward to reading your comments here everyday for a good laugh AND NO I DON'T CARE if this is an information forum or just a few cruisemates passing the time.

ROBYN....you should be MS ADVENTURE or MS PUERTO RICO, i love the zest you have and put in everything you write...i'm so happy I found your forum on the AOS because of it, i booked this ship.

TOONJIE....I would have never gotten my favorite hotel on priceline in san juan if it wasn't for you...thank you

Just wanted to take this time and say thank you to all of the positive & cheerful people on this board, and either i'm sailing RCI or carnival or whatever.i will always lurk here:)

Even though i never watch SEINFELD:eek:

Cookie :D

I am so glad that you found us, and that you keep coming back for more, and that you booked the best ship in the RCI fleet!

We have an incredible group of dedicated AOS cruisers who love not only the ship, but the home port of San Juan, and it's residents as well.

We will have you watching re-runs of Seinfeld in no time! :p

I have never stayed in a Promenade cabin, so I am not sure if there are advantages/disadvantages to being in a certain location?

I will definitely take some pics of the Promenade cabins and post them when I return.:)

Thanks Robyn;

Have a great cruise.

By the way, how was the weather in Toronto today??? We had a terrible storm here in Montreal but I heard it was worse where you are.

I hope that all of you guys out there near Chicago and have to fly today are OK. Have a safe trip everyone.

We have had 3 promenade rooms (Adventure, Explorer, and Mariner) all on deck 8. They have all been right in the center of the promenade. Love the rooms and no problem with noise or lights. Just remember to close your curtains when changing .. neighbors directly across the promenade have a great view. :D

I will try to find a picture.

Thanks Bigeagle12.

Do you happen to have any picture of the cabin?

Do you still remember the cabin number? I will really appreciate it and try to get the same.

Thanks again.

Thanks Robyn;

Have a great cruise.

By the way, how was the weather in Toronto today??? We had a terrible storm here in Montreal but I heard it was worse where you are.

I hope that all of you guys out there near Chicago and have to fly today are OK. Have a safe trip everyone.

Hey Stefanny :)

The weather people were calling for "snowmageddon" and "snowpocalypse", but neither of them happened. Yes it snowed, but not nearly as much as was expected. The only flights cancelled were those that were heading to points east in Canada, and also to places like Chicago and Boston.

I am looking so forward to this cruise!!! I really miss the sun - haven't seen it in a few months :eek:

Archived