For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Hi ckrobyn:

Thanks for starting this thread. I did read somewhere in it that you have stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort before and I am looking for a little information. I have posted on the San Juan thread area without any luck.

I have read the good reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor, but just wanted to get any additional input anyone can offer. We are planning on staying here when we return from our cruise for just one night and would like to be close to the airport. We have stayed at the Stellars Marriott before, but since we are traveling with others we didn't want to spend that much.

I know the taxi fares are set, just wondering what the charges would be for the following:

• Taxi charge from Pan American pier to hotel
  • Taxi charge from hotel to airport
  • Taxi charge from hotel to Old San Juan

A couple of other questions:

• Are there shops in the hotel area?
  • How was service?
  • Rooms clean?
  • Where do you recommend to eat?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can offer.

The Courtyard Isle Verde is a very nice hotel. One thing to keep in mind is the distance from Old San Juan (it is about a 20 min cab ride). In addition, there is not much in the way of restaurants and entertainment near the hotel, although the food at the hotel is quite good. The hotel was very clean and the service was good. We ate at the buffet restaurant several times and there is also a small cafe in the lobby with great sandwiches and pizza :)

The taxi charge from the port to the hotel will be about $25. Hotel to airport, not sure - but my guess is around $10 (the hotel is really close to the airport) Taxi to OSJ will run around the same as it is to and from the port. The rates are pre determined and you are charged for additional passengers as well as the # of bags you have.

The Courtyard Isle Verde is a very good choice if you want to be close to the airprot. Obviously the Stellaris a more upscale property, but I'm sure you will also like the Courtyard - cost wise it is considerably less than the Stellaris.

I have some pictures of the Courtyard in my webshots album. If you go to www.webshots.com and search under ckrobyn101 you will find my first AOS album with pics of the hotel.

Hope this helps?:o

The Courtyard Isle Verde is a very nice hotel. One thing to keep in mind is the distance from Old San Juan (it is about a 20 min cab ride). In addition, there is not much in the way of restaurants and entertainment near the hotel, although the food at the hotel is quite good. The hotel was very clean and the service was good. We ate at the buffet restaurant several times and there is also a small cafe in the lobby with great sandwiches and pizza :)

The taxi charge from the port to the hotel will be about $25. Hotel to airport, not sure - but my guess is around $10 (the hotel is really close to the airport) Taxi to OSJ will run around the same as it is to and from the port. The rates are pre determined and you are charged for additional passengers as well as the # of bags you have.

The Courtyard Isle Verde is a very good choice if you want to be close to the airprot. Obviously the Stellaris a more upscale property, but I'm sure you will also like the Courtyard - cost wise it is considerably less than the Stellaris.

I have some pictures of the Courtyard in my webshots album. If you go to www.webshots.com and search under ckrobyn101 you will find my first AOS album with pics of the hotel.

Hope this helps?:o

Thanks for the update, we are staying in Old San Juan pre cruise so we will do our exploring than and for post cruise we will do our relaxing:p .

Robyn, Only 8 more days untill we leave for San Juan and our AOS cruise!!

danceparty.gif I have 2 questions, can you please help? If you still have the paper copies of the Cruise Compass, can you check and see which night does NOT have the guitar player in the pub? Also what takes up the space on the AOS where Chops is located on the Mariner? Thanks!

Robyn, Only 8 more days untill we leave for San Juan and our AOS cruise!!

danceparty.gif I have 2 questions, can you please help? If you still have the paper copies of the Cruise Compass, can you check and see which night does NOT have the guitar player in the pub? Also what takes up the space on the AOS where Chops is located on the Mariner? Thanks!

Hi there! Wow - your countdown to the AOS is so close now!

I will take a look at the compass for you and let you know about the guitar player at the Duck and Dog Pub. Something tells me he is there pretty much every night - I stopped in there just about every night and he was there each time. I will let you know for sure.

The design of the AOS is a bit different than other Voyager class ships as it was one of the first built. With reference to your question about Chops which is located at the entrance to the Windjammer (as is Portofino) on the Mariner - where Chops is on the Mariner is additional Windjammer seating on the AOS. Portofino is also not located inside the entrance to the WJ on the AOS - it is located outside (if you are facing the WJ entrance is on the left, just before the doors leading to the pool deck area) There is also no Jade on the AOS.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!! :D

Hey Robyn,

Have you had a chance to post any of your pics from your recent aos cruise?

Maggie - I am so bad, the answer is no. They are all still on my digital camera waiting to take their place on webshots! Stay tuned and I will let everyone know when they are posted :)

HI There,

I have two questions if anyone can help us out we would be very appreciative:)

1) The Courtyard hotel in Isla Verde..does anyone know if it is in walking distance to the Metropol restaurant?

2) If our flight to depart San Juan is at noon does that provide to us enough time to leave the ship and make it to the airport on time?

Many thanks in advance,

Vivian

HI There,

I have two questions if anyone can help us out we would be very appreciative:)

1) The Courtyard hotel in Isla Verde..does anyone know if it is in walking distance to the Metropol restaurant?

2) If our flight to depart San Juan is at noon does that provide to us enough time to leave the ship and make it to the airport on time?

Many thanks in advance,

Vivian

Hi Vivian - I'm sorry, I don't know where the Metropol restaurant is?

A flight at noon should be ok, just be sure you are in the first group of passengers to get off the ship. The earlier you get to the airport, the less of a zoo it will be!

Judi - yes, everyone else has let me know through return email that they have received their compasses. Please send me another email to ckrobyn@hotmail.com and I will make sure you receive the compasses first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi ckrobyn:) another request for the compasses;) thanks

dhebert at kc dot rr dot com

Dale and Karen

The Brilliance does the southern on the 11 day itinerary with the Panama Canal, great ports round trip from Miami. Next year Jewel will take over the route.

I just saw the cigarette thing you have posted. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! I have been 18 years since I bought them and stuck them in my mouth but unfortunately I smoke other peoples second hand all the time. Seriously, I am very proud of you even if I don't know you. Keep up the good work.

Hi Robyn - A few people have posted that on some ships during change over time on a B2B they ate in the DR with senior members of staff. Did this happen on AOS during your recent B2B?

Thank you hope you are having a great day at work.

Hi everyone,

We never made it on the AOS last week. We arrived in San Juan to find out my mother passed away suddenly. It took us until Sunday night to get a flight back home. We did stay at the Stellaris which was very nice. We had a corner room with wonderful views. My sister however was bumped due to overbooking and they shipped her to the Courtyard for the night. Overall all though, I would recommend it.

Anyway, we plan on going on the AOS next Spring Break. There aren't many good cabins left in the new few months and we already paid a fortune for a one way ticket from PR back home. I think going back to PR would be too expensive at this point.

We do plan on going on either the Liberty or Mariner Memorial Day week. I have 2 holds that I have to decide on. We have been on Navigator already so right now we are leaning on the Liberty. Any suggestions would be great.

Sorry I couldn't give my long AOS review but if you want to wait another 300+ days, I can give you one. :)

Oh.....Suzanne.....so very sorry about your mother! Did they let you reschedule another cruise?

Yes RCCL was wonderful. We have a voucher for the full price of our cruise minus $150 fee. But, we booked our airfare ourselves and although we received a refund for bereavement for what was supposed to be our normal flight home, we still had to purchase one way tickets home from PR and then would have to book another RT back to PR. That is why we are now looking for cruises out of Florida where we can get to cheaper and quicker and use our voucher. Then while on that cruise, we are going to rebook AOS for next Easter and get the OBC.

Hi Robyn - A few people have posted that on some ships during change over time on a B2B they ate in the DR with senior members of staff. Did this happen on AOS during your recent B2B?

Thank you hope you are having a great day at work.

I have never heard of this? When did they eat in the dining room - it is closed from breakfast onwards until dinner :rolleyes:

As expected, AOS blew us away:) We loved it and had a fantastic time.

Our aft cabin was great and the balcony was very large. The ports were

incredible, even though we'd been to all before except Curacao. Do not

miss Portofinos!

If I can ever get a hold on this laundry I'll try and do a review!

Lela

Archived