Princess flies us into Miami

meneelyb

We booked our air travel with Princess. They have us flying into Miami. Does anyone have experience with their transfers from Miami to Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for your replies.

As it is only 22 miles (all interstate) they can't be too bad other then waiting for them to fill up before leaving. :)

Yes, Ft. Lauderdale is closer, but the Princess bus will take you to the port in about 45 minutes. When I cruise out of Miami I fly to Ft. Lauderdale and go the opposite way. I just look for the cheapest flight because the airports are so close to one another. You should be fine.

We booked our air travel with Princess. They have us flying into Miami. Does anyone have experience with their transfers from Miami to Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for your replies.

How are your flights? so many people complain about the connections, maybe I have just been lucky:) . we usually book our own flights because we go in to the port city early, but if you are sailing out of one port & flying back from another port you just can't beat Princess prices. At least I can't LOL.

Jan

you will be fine.. all difference to me was that the FLL airport was quieter and nicer MIami a bit run down..however there is check in downstairs so if you can avoid the lines upstairs.. I know this was for delta and continental flights. We were checked in at the airport in about 3minutes from bus to counter..Went upstairs was so glad i was dropped downstairs

have a great cruise

Hopefully you requested flying in the day before. I've seen too many horror stories on this board about people booking thru the cruiseline and getting flights that get them into the port city at the last minute. I would rather book our own flights, get us there at least the day before and not have to stress out.

We would pick Miami anytime over Ft Lauderdale. The distance isn't bad.

Why???

I live close to both and chose Ft Lauderdale over Miami any day of the week. The airports not as crazy and the traffic isn't as horrible near FLL. The traffic near MIA can be so congested that I try hard to fly out of FLL when I can.

Thanks for your replies.

Transfer from Miami airport to the ship is no problem. While we prefer Ft. Lauderdale airport, anywhere that will get us to the ship on time is a viable option! :)

We may fly into Miami to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. What is the cost of Princess transfers versus private transfers? Is it less?

We haven't booked any flights yet as our cruise is for Nov. 08 so any advice would be appreciated. So far we are a group of 12 flying from Boston.

Thanks!

We may fly into Miami to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. What is the cost of Princess transfers versus private transfers? Is it less?

We haven't booked any flights yet as our cruise is for Nov. 08 so any advice would be appreciated. So far we are a group of 12 flying from Boston.

Thanks!

Why wouldn't you just fly into FLL? Jetblue has about 6 direct flights a day as do many other airlines.

Why???

I live close to both and chose Ft Lauderdale over Miami any day of the week. The airports not as crazy and the traffic isn't as horrible near FLL. The traffic near MIA can be so congested that I try hard to fly out of FLL when I can.

I agree. I live half a hour from FLL and 45 min from MIA and I try really hard to avoid MIA. It's not always possible.

To the OP:I wouldn't worry about the transfer from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. They are not that far from each other.

Thanks!

If there is not a significant price difference fly into FLL. It's really close to the port and easier to manage than MIA. That said, if the price difference is significant MIA works. We live in the local area so we will cruise from either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. But when we fly somewhere we try really hard to fly to FLL. The customs area of MIA is MUCH busier and takes much more time to negotiate than FLL.

Don't know where you are from not in your posts.

We live in the UK and always fly with Princess taking care of the flights.

We very often fly into Miami and sail from Fort Lauderdale, Usually Princess flies you in 1 day early. But if not once you get your bags a representative from Princess will meet you at the luggage carosel and take you out to the awaiting buses. They will then take you either to a hotel for the night or straight to the ship, no problem.

We are waiting for Jet Blue and AirTran to post their rates for Nov. 08. American and several others have nonstop flights to Miami. I wanted to see how costly it would be for transfers then make a decision.

airline rates are crazy right now, especially from IAD to MCO in June. $199 each way pp.

Airtran is pretty nuts right now from PHL to MCO as well. About $300pp RT. Just last September I got 2 tix for that.

Bill

We found customs etc at Ft L a shambles and soooooo slow and on our return the whole airport experience was a nightmare. Maybe this is because we were flying from/to the UK, I don't know but Miami was a much smoother experience.

• 5 weeks later...
Don't know where you are from not in your posts.

We live in the UK and always fly with Princess taking care of the flights.

We very often fly into Miami and sail from Fort Lauderdale, Usually Princess flies you in 1 day early. But if not once you get your bags a representative from Princess will meet you at the luggage carosel and take you out to the awaiting buses. They will then take you either to a hotel for the night or straight to the ship, no problem.

Do you stay at an airport hotel overnight or one outside of the airport. We have the one night pre-cruise in with our January 09 cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

We have done caribbean cruises with Princess and Celebrity and they both fly you into Miami usually night before.

With Princess you normally stay the night before in a Miami hotel and then they pick you up by bus the next day and take you down to the port.

Princess has booked us into the Intercontinental West in Miami this time(2 weeks and counting)

Normally on return journey they pick you up from port and take you on a tour/shopping trip and lunch and then drop you of at Miami for your return journey.

Princess deal with BA and they have no direct flights to Fort Lauderdale.

Archived