Changing from cash to credit

luvcruisn'

Is it a problem to switch from cash to credit at check-in? My mom and I did the on-line immigration form specifying cash rather than credit, as we didn't want to give out the credit card number on-line. We don't want to pay the cash up front when we get on the ship though, we want to give the credit card information when we board.

Not to beat up the OP, but to point out something to others who might be considering doing the same thing, this is being "penny wise and pound foolish".

Once you've entered your name, address, date of birth and passport number - there's nothing more an identity thief would need! Not that there's much of a risk anyway, unless someone at HAL is stealing the information. But they can do that even if you never put the data on-line.

Don't cause yourself needless stress, but if you would worry about on-line data, then don't check in on line at all. It can still all be done at the pier.

It's very easy to switch from cash to credit; I did it last July on the Prinsendam. And I didn't have to go to the Front Desk to do it, either! I gave them the credit card when I checked in. The rep took it in stride.

That's good to know, Ruth, because I already did our on line forms and filled in cash as I didn't want to give my credit card over the internet.

I certainly wouldn't have enough cash along to cover my onboard expenses. Maybe they'd just have to leave me on board if I couldn't check out?:D

We did this last month, and there was no problem at all. I shop online often, even purchased shore excursions online, but it just felt weird putting in my cc number ahead of time when they supposedly don't place the hold against the card until we actually get to the ship.

FYI, I'm sure you can go back to the immigration check in page on the web site and edit your payment method. I can understand the reason for not putting CC# out there but like someone has already stated they would already have any information they needed to steal from you. Really a very small chance for that to happen.

Archived