Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

[quote name='heavenlyflower44460'][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Good Morning all, Weigh in 170lbs:) so far I have lost 8lbs:D Hope everyone has a great Sunday, I am off today and tomorrow:D have lots to do so catch ya all later. Lani[/size][/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]Forgot to mention what a great inspiration you are Regina! Great job on the 17lbs lost:D I really enjoy your posts and encouragement. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Lani[/color][/size][/font]

Hi Lani...and a BIG congratulations on your 8 lb loss! :)
Thanks for the wonderful compliment. It makes the time to post well worth it. Hey, you and I have more in common than just losing weight. I am also an LPN. I left the profession 3 years ago for my own health reasons. It was a most difficult decision for me and it took me three years to reach that decision. I kinda miss it at times, but for the most part, I have no regrets with my present desk job as a sales rep. I have DDD (deteriorating disc disease) and lifting of any kind causes severe problems for me. I had to leave the profession for better care of myself.

We are missing 6 other weigh-in reports.:( C'mon ladies, where are you? Please, if any of you gained, don't be embarrassed. We are here to help and get you back on track.

MIA's:
Nicole
Dphipps2
Jen
Joanne
Kelly
Jodi

Hi All

Well sad to say I did not lose this week. I guess the good thing is
I did not gain. Stayed the same. I will really try alot harder this
week. I know were I went wrong. Congrats to all that had a lose!!!
I hope all of us have a great week and can all report a lose next Sunday.
Regina I also enjoy your post, keep them coming.

Take care all
Joanne

Joanne
Please don't be upset that your weight remained the same. Consider that a success for now. It's good you gave thought to where you went wrong, because that kind of thinking will help you with your next week. It is far from easy what all of us are trying to do, but if we all hang in there, our dream weight will eventually be a reality. Glad you posted. 5 more posts to go....let's keep it going.

Reg

A good self-training technique is teaching ourselves the difference between mind hunger and body hunger.

Ex: You just finished a well balanced breakfast (:rolleyes: I know a lot of you don't even eat breakfast...right?), and you head out to run some errands. While you are out, you pass a donut shop and the sweet aroma's are in the air just beckoning you to come in and try one. That, my friends is a perfect example of mind hunger. Ask yourself if you are experiencing mind hunger or true body hunger.

Ex: It's a few minutes before lunch time. Someone at work brought some goodies in to share with everyone and the decorations of icing "look" like they could be real tasty. Their appearance is just calling you over to try just one. Besides, you can't refuse because your co-worker will be offended. Sorry gals, but I am too important to let that bother me. Just say, no thank you and if it offends them....too bad. It's their problem. No need to make it your problem by adding those extra calories to set you back. You know you will be going to lunch soon, so be smart and don't sabatog yourself.

hint: If you skip a meal, you will inevitably lose control because you will want to eat everything under the sun.

Regina

Hi girls!
158 (2 lb loss my first week)
My Bday weekend wasn't a total loss, definetly cheated on the alcohol intake...but kept my portions quite small (maybe too small with all of the wine my friends and I went through)!! 2 morrow i will be in the gym at 7am and back on a regular schedule. Congrats to everyone who did a great job this week, I know we can all do it. Happy cruising!!

Goals:
20 lbs before 26 of December
Exercise 3-4 times/week
eat 3 balanced meals, cut out snacks!

Nicole:

Good going! Keep it up! Goodbye to those two ugly pounds and may they never return again!

Thanks for the input. I'm sure it will help everyone who reads it.

Okay, we are all doing good so far. 4 more posts to go: Dphipps2, Jen, Kelly, Jodi....c'mom ladies, we are waiting for you.

Hello Ladies !!

You guys really are going to keep me in line ! :))

Sorry that I am so late in posting, my family and I went away for the weekend and just got in an hour ago!

Anyways ,weight 150, stayed the same BUT I did not do well this past week! I am afraid that next weeks numbers will tell the real story. Add to that going away for the weekend and eating every meal out. I won't even tell all of the goodies that I had. No need in going over past offenses. I will however say that I did my pilates this morning and had a light lunch. I will have a salad for dinner this evening if I get hungry. My family is having dinner now but I am truly not hungry so I decided to get caught up on my cruisecritic buddies!

I am trying to listen to my hunger signals more and not just eat because everyone else is! I have found that quite often I was mistaking hunger when all I really wanted was a drink. So my goal this week is to have a glass of water when I think that I am hungry and see if that satisfies me. I too am an emotional eater, I don't have as great an insight as to why as you do Regina but I do know that is a trigger for me.

I am also setting a goal to use my elliptical machine or walk 3 miles twice a week. I love doing my pilates tape but in the last month I have gone down to doing it only once a week and only the stomache portion. So back to the full program at least twice a week, preferably 3 times!

The icecream and cookie dough is going to my in laws, the kids can enjoy it with their Grandparents! I have also signed back into ediets, and plan on sticking to the meal plan faithfully. I lost 15 pounds, 2-3 a week using their menu and it was easy ! It also taught me quite a bit about portion control!

Good Luck Everyone!
Jen

Jen

So glad you posted and such a nice post at that. You are doing good my friend, so keep it going. Your thoughts are well into being positive and that is what is going to see you through it all.:) Looking forward to your next week weigh in cause I just feel you are going to show a loss.

Now, there are just 3 Mia's. Where are you ladies:confused: I'm getting concerned for you.

Regina

Ladies: I have just reviewed all the posts from day one. I do believe we will eventually here from Kelly and Jodi, BUT...I'm not too sure about Dphipps2 and I hope that's not the case. As I reviewed the posts, I saw she had posted once and none us actually replied to her post....not intentionally though. I'm beginning to think she may have felt some form of rejection which would cause her not to come back. I could be wrong, but what if I'm not? I'm starting to think I should put a bulletin out for her return. Oh heck, why not for all three. Hope it works cause it's the best I can do.

Regina

Hello my little dieter,

You poor little thing....your clothes are beginning to look slightly too big for you? And, you don't have enough clothes to fit your new shape that is beginning to form those pretty little curves? Aaaah, I really feel for you because I know you are not ready to buy new clothes right now. So my dear....go ahead....eat just a little more so that you can still feel compfy in those nice big styles hanging in your closet. It's just tempory you know cause you can always lose later when you are ready to buy a new wardrobe. Heheheheh;)

With calories of love,
Fat Fairy

Is it to late to join? We are going on our first cruise December 23, 2004. I lost about 50 pounds on weight watchers. I've put on a couple over the summer. Would like to lose 15-20 by cruise date. I'm fairly new at this, not completely sure how it all works but will give it my best shot.

Ooooh.....glad I decided to pop in one last time. I see we have a new comer! PJ...it is NEVER too late to join. Weigh in will be every Sunday. We promote positive feed back to members without being judgemental. Every weigh in must accompany a reason for the result. The reason proves to be helpful to all the members. Everyone is using their own method of losing weight that best serves their need. No specific diet on this thread. That sums it up, so welcome aboard!:)

Regina

Good evening all:) ,
Sorry I am so late in posting. Was away for the weekend and got home around 6pm. I was busy unpacking and doing all the Sunday eve before work things. All of a sudden, it dawned on me I had not checked in. The weekend went well. I avoided sweets totally! That is a major victory for me. I even sat and had coffee with my DH while he had a danish! We did eat out the whole weekend. Lots of salad and fish. I did give in to some marvelous fresh baked whole wheat bread that was served with dinner last nite, the smell could not be resisted. And I had a Bloody mary. Other than those two "slips" it went pretty well. I did weigh myself this evening and I am still 232lb. That to me is ok to stay the same. I usually come home and am up 2-3 lbs. My plan is modified Atkins( I need more vegetables to stay reg.:rolleyes: LOL) and Curves 4-5 times a week. I will be back on the plan tomorrow and we have no more weekends away planned until Nov. As I said, I always feel as if going out to eat or on vacation does not count. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions how to get past that?:confused:
:D Congrats to all who lost, all who stayed the same and anyone who gained, tomorrow is a new day so go for it and you can do it. Thanks for caring and missing me. See you all tomorrow as I am off to bed with my 3rd:eek: glass of water this eve! Good nite!
Jodie

Welcome PJ !

Glad to hear from you too Jodie ! Congrats on your awesome will power while going away for the weekend! I feel the same way you do that while on vacation those calories just shouldn't count :p !

Do you guys tend to weigh yourselves in the Am, Pm or just whenever ? I always do the am, I think I'll get a lower reading then!!!! I also have the habit of weighin myself everyday! I read somewhere that you shouldn't do that but I feel that it keeps me in line a bit better, like oops up half a pound I better be REALLY good today !

Jen

[quote name='mnywmn1']I started the Atkins about two months ago and lost 14 pounds, then hit a plateau. I have 20 more pounds I'd like to lose before my cruise the end of November. Good luck to everyone! I sure do need the support!!
Ann[/QUOTE]

Ann I have been luking on this thread. Just got back from a 2 week cruise. I started Atkins once lost 20 pounds, them hit a plateau and quit. I started back 1/1/03 and once again hit a plaueau at 20 pounds, it lasted 3 or 4 weeks if I remember right. I kept with it and went on to lose 70 the first year. So, hold the course girl. Good luck to you and I hope this helps.

Archived