Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

[font=Garamond][/font][font=Garamond][size=3][color=green]Hi Ann, I was always told when you get stuck on a plateau to do something to jar your metabolism, such as maybe when doing aerobics speed up a little for a minute or two then go back to your usual rythumn for 5 min. then speed up again for one min. Or if you are doing strength training then add a few more reps. Just do something a little different for a while to wake your body up. But like I always say inches off are as good as pounds off:D They both mean I am getting smaller:p Have a good day. Lani[/color][/size][/font]

Hello all!
I'm just getting caught up reading and I LOVE hearing all you are saying. One of my problems biggest problems in this weight loss thing is this:

I had a brain injury 1.5 years ago. I'm doing much better, but I get dizzy, lose my balance, have some seizures (which I'm on medication for) etc. I'm not able to exercise like I would like to! :( I ran around the backyard with my dog last night and ended up having a seizure. :rolleyes: (fabulous...huh?) I'm doing "light" (5-9 pound) weight lifting with hand weights to get my arms toned, but I'm missing that aerobic thing! I'd LOVE to do Curves (I have friends on that) or get back to what I used to love....Jazzercise (it's SO FUN!).

Do any of you have any suggestions for that exercise thing? I walk fast at work, take stairs when I can etc. Getting on a treadmill for me is really hard because I get dizzy. Same with a stationary (or not) bike! Help! I'm feeling frustrated with not being able to be more active. All I do is sit or walk around and drink water! There has GOT to be something else I can do!

I'm sure glad I have you guys! :)

Lani, silly me...it didn't even occur to me to buy low carb egg noodles. In fact, I didn't even know they existed. Thanks for the tip.

Ann, I'd rather be on a plateau rather than down in the valley :) A person can see a wider range of things....which means, you can see your goal better. Sounds like you are doing good. Right now, I'm on a plateau also, but hoping another pound will be lost by this weekend.

Did anyone fall short this week? If so, time to tell all so we can get you on the right track again.

I personally feel I could have drank more water today. Hmmmmm, this seems to be a problem with me and I know if I drink more water, it will increase my metabolism to burn more calories. I just got to keep trying.

I will be going into New York City to meet some old friends and they will be treating hubby and I to dinner. I will use every bit of restraint cause I want to walk away with the biggest smile on my face knowing I gave a swift kick to the Fat Fairy. Her butt is going to be so sore when I get finished kicking her!

Will be lurking throughout the evening to see who else posted.

Your diet buddy,
Reg

Hi,
AHHHH the dreaded stuffed feeling. I hate that and I get terrible heartburn . I have not suffered from that since I went back on the low carb program.

Lani, I will try your recipe with the low carb pasta I have.Thanks!:)

Ann, I agree with Lani, maybe an extra 10 minutes of exercise or an extra glass of water or two. Anything to jarr your metabolism.:rolleyes: Not giving into despair and hanging in there is so great!You can do it!

Kelly, that is a tough one. There must be something you can do. Maybe Pilates and yoga? I admire you and your enthusiasum.:)

Regina, No fear, the Fat Fairy is lost on the subway so will not be joining you and your hubby and friends!;)

As for me, today was good. I weighed myself this morning which I normally do not do(I just get too crazy). I try to keep it to once a week at weigh in. I put on a pair of pants this morn and they felt lose! I did not have to untie the waist to get them over my hips. OMG, 2 lbs is gone. I looked everywhere for them, even asked the cat if she had seen those 2 lbs.:eek: Nope they are gone, never to return! LOL! I have stayed on track, even sat with the "girls" at work for lunch and ate my chicken and salad and was very happy. I am off to Curves on my way home from work. Hope everybody else had a good day. Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Jodie

I'm about to convey some deep thoughts...get ready.

I just woke from taking a little nap and realized I had just had a dream about my deceased brother (who died 2 yrs. ago, age 48 from severe complications of Rhuematoid arthritis). The dream had taken me back to a time when he and I use to laugh and have good times. It was a good dream, yet going back was a little scary. Now that I'm fully awake, I realize that I am begining to feel like I can really "go back" to a time I was a normal weight, looked good and felt good.

My point: It is a good feeling to go back and as good as it is, it's going to be just a little scary. Getting rid of all the clothes in my closet, buying all new pretty styles, hearing compliments (and learning how to accept them), feeling like a whole new person which will inevitable make me aware of how much time I have wasted being heavy.

Yes, going back is a good thing and we will all be doing that at our own paces and we have to also know, little feelings of being scared will crop up as your body slowly begins to remind you of the good shapely figure you used to have. I know that sounds silly, but it really isn't. If anyone understands what I am saying, let me know cause it really is hard to put emotions into words. One thing I know for certain, I will have to teach myself how to accept a compliment. Compliments have always made me feel a little uncomfortable and that is something I will have to do some inner research with. For all I know, maybe that is one of the factors which caused me to gain weight and keep it on.

:) Jodie, I will be thinking of the subway this weekend....and I'm not talking sandwich...LOL I think I am just as eager for YOUR weigh in as I am with my own. You are on one heck of a positive track my friend.

Regina

[font=Garamond][size=3][color=darkred]Hi Everyone, just got home from work so thought I wouldunwind and check the board before bed. Everyone has such good ideas on how to make this work for all of us. [/color][/size][/font]
[size=3][color=#8b0000]Kelly I bet Yoga would be a good one for you. I had a head injury a few years back and use to black out, but my brain finally healed and I don't need my medication anymore:) [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#8b0000]Jodie I think you will like the casserole, I think the low carb noodles are just as good as the others, couldn't tell the difference.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#8b0000]Regina I know what you mean about compliments I have a hard time accepting them too, never felt I deserved them I guess. [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#8b0000]Well all I am going to bed I have to get early and exercise:D [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#8b0000]Good Night and wishing everyone slender dreams:) Lani[/color][/size]

Good Morning Ladies

Just dropped in to wish everyone a good diet day.

Lani...those black outs you used to get must have been real scary. My daughter used to black out, and one day (when I was working as a nurse), I did an EKG on her at my job and discovered she had a 2nd. degree heart block and an electrical conduction problem. She has a pace-maker today and she no longer passes out. Another success story :)

Okay, time to get ready for work.

TGIF everyone!!!!!
Regina

Hi everyone...
What courage you have Kelly, I admire your desire to succeed with such a challenge. I think pilates would be a good exercise program for you!
It is great 3X cruiser that you can picture yourself at your goal weight, I wish I could do that (I have never been more than 3-4 lbs thinner than I am right now).

Well, I did my own weigh in today because Sunday weigh in for me isn't as accurate (I don't eat much on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday because those are the days I am out with friends at clubs, parties, or at the park with my boyfriend, tend to weigh less on Sunday than during the week). I am very perplexed that I ganed almost a 1 lb? Last week I lost 2 this week I gaine 1? Ate exactly the same and worked out twice as much? I sometimes gain weight in the beginning due to muscle gain, I tend to muscle up quick. Do you guys think it is that??

I guesss I should try and drink some more water. Good luck to you all this weekend I will check in on Sunday. I am so proud of everyone!

Nicole

Start weight: 160.8
Last Sunday: 158
Today: 158.8
Goal: 135-140 (by December 26th)

Kelly: I must have missed your post about you getting dizzy with certain exercise. Frankly, I'm not going to be much assistance to you in that area cause I'm in the same boat, but with disc problems. You really should consult your doctor on this one. We are all going to be losing at different times because some of us are able to exercise more than others. I have concluded it is better to lose slowly, rather than risk getting another herniated disc.

Nicole....just from what you are describing, it certainly sounds like muscle and not fat

Regina

Lani, Jodie, Nicole, Regina & All!

Thank you for such warm, supportive and encouraging words! I don't feel courageous, but your words make me realize how far I've come! I especially LOVE hearing that medications (at least not the kind I'm on right now!:rolleyes: ) may NOT be lifelong! :) Thank you for sharing that ESPECIALLY!

Today I walked my butt off! I can't drive, so when my "driver" (she hates it when I call her that!) picked me up from work today, I told her to drop me off at an estate sale that was about 10 blocks from home, and then I walked the rest of the way! FAST! With major BUTT SQUEEZING! I love that! Makes me feel olympic like! :cool:

Have a Fabulous Friday Evening!

Oooooh.....Kelly you have a driver???? And live in area with estates????? Okay, I want to come and visit you for my next vacation All joking aside... I thought I was the only one here that did butt exercise when walking....LOL.

Things I have noticed lately:

I walked into a cosmetic store tonight and there were more women heavier than me :)

Walking down the grocery isle in local store, I find myself gazing at all the stuff I used to eat....like Drakes cup cakes, cookies and junk food and I feel the withdrawal like a junkie getting off drugs.:(

I listen to the radio and am amazed at how many food commercials I here when I never heard them before:confused:

Temptations to cheat are entering the head and I am fighting them off better than I have in the past:D

Hurray for another day closer to my goal:p

I've just been lurking through the last few posts and I think I might have some "suggestions" for you, Regina.
I, too, have 3 herniated discs.. have had them for several years now... have been fearful/limited of exercises since I know what a flare up feels like and I CAN'T afford to blow any of the discs.. will avoid sugery at all costs... (I've had a bad experience w/the epidural treatment and another surgery that was successful <neck tumor> but left part of my face a bit numb...) unless all else fails w/treatment and I'm crawling and unable to partially function...
well enough about me.
I find that I CAN use the Precor 546 elliptical machine (not the cross trainer) will NO effect on my back. I get the aerobic workout I need to maintain my weight loss (I've been maintaining for 4 years now from losing 35lbs on Atkins). I find the other elliptical Xtrainers and even other Precor machines seem to aggrevate my back. It works for me. I've been very wary about trying some weight training and I avoid the trainers at my gym since I'm not sure if they're "careful" enough about my back.
I also find that if I avoid loading up on carbs (good, bad or other carbs) my back is fine... I find certain weather conditions (the autumn sometimes act up) and carbs make the symptoms worse.
Good luck everone with whatever plan you choose.
Carolyn

Carolyn,

Wise words! I hope you'll keep sharing!

Ok....clarifications......my "driver" is my mom.....and the estate sale was a woman who had lived in the same house for over 80 years (she was 93 when she died) and her home smelled like perfume and smoke. Not the Beverly Hills neighborhood Regina painted for me! Sorry! ;)

One thing, though....I sure don't want my entire LIFE on sale for a 3 day weekend someday! This woman had the most spectacular collection of avon decanter bottles! Wow! It was kindof sad!

I found a purple "flapper" style dress in her belongings that I think I will go back and get tomorrow. It would be a WONDERFUL cruise dress and it is a smaller size, so it may be a good incentive dress. Hmmmmmm.......something to think about!

Have a good evening all!
:p

:cool: Hi everybody!
Yipee, one day closer. I stayed on track today. Just finished my dinner, cold peeled shrimp and home grown tomatoes. As I said, I am on modified Atkins and I know tomatoes have more carbs than other vegetables but living here in the Willamette Valley I grow alot of our vegetables and fruit. There is nothing like the taste of home grown tomatoes, and cucumbers too! I refuse to give that up. I have been eating low carb cole slaw and mashed caluiflower for the last couple days along with my protein. I know, mashed caluiflower!? :eek: YuK! But if you miss mashed potatoes... I add butter, sour cream, roasted garlic and parmesan cheese and it is actually not bad, very filling and very little carbs. One head makes enough for about 4 days. Same with the cole slaw. I also grow raspberries, blue berries and strawberries, apples, peaches, cherries and pears. Sounds like alot of work but it really isn't, especially if you love to garden which I do. It is so rewarding to go out and pick raspberries to put on my cottage cheese or low carb pancakes.I am looking forward to putting in my fall bulbs soon. I read somewhere that gardening is one of the best exercises women can do to avoid osteoporis due to all the different movements, pushing, pulling, walking etc. Ok I am rambling. I just miss you guys during the day while at work so I look forward to coming home and reading and sharing.

Kelly, I agree, how sad to have your whole life on sale for a weekend. But good for you for asking your "driver" (that is too funny!) to let you out to walk home. Any exercise will help.

Regina, OMG I do the same thing in the grocery store. I go down the cookie aisle and drool. But I do tell all my favs that I cannot be friends with them anymore and do not, cannot invite them home!!!! I also find that when I watch TV, the fast food or any food commercials make me crazy! That is why most of the time I am in here on the computer and not watching the tube with my DH.

Well I have rambled enough for now. I am looking forward to the weigh in, at least right now. My goal is in front of me and I will DO IT! And so will all my friends here! Happy Friday eve!:D
Jodie

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Hi All, I just got home from work and thought I would unwind by reading all the posts. I had a really bad day at work, all my residents seem to be getting sick, so there was a lot to do and a lot of [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]doctor calls to make, sooooooooooooo I hate to say it but I dug into my flex points a little:( I did work out before work though so at least that may help some. I did notice that I could wear a uniform top that was kind of tight before and is loose now so that made me feel good, so whenever I wanted to eat some thing bad I looked at the room in the top:) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Jodie i have tried the mashed cauliflower and it can taste surprisingly alot like mashed potatoes;) My DH does all our gardening. We do a lot of freezing and canning. I love to go out and pick my veggies, we don't have too much fruit growing yet though.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Well I am off to bed, I am beat tonight.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Take care all, Lani[/color][/size][/font]

Lani, sorry you had a bad day at work. Hopefully you'll have a better day tomorrow.

Hello to everyone and hope everyone is doing good. I am getting ready to go into Manhattan to meet some friends who flew in from Texas. We will be meeting in area known as Little Italy located on Mulberry Street. This is a lions den for anyone on a diet! The street is lined with fabulous Italian restaurants on both sides and the aromas of some of the best foods in the world will be in the air. So here goes my biggest test of all. Will report in when I get back.

Hang in there everyone!
Regina

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=purple]Good Morning All[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Happy Weekend, Regina sounds like you are in for a challenge, but I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!;) I am sure I will have a better day today, just hated that feeling of wanting to make it better with food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did better than I would have though. I try to pack snacks that are low in points but tasty, last night I had oreo crisps in my bag that I had figured in my points for the day so that helped with nervous choc. attack :D I also had a 1 point carrot cake packed so that all helped. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]sure hope everyone has a great weekend and weigh in tomorrow.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080]Take care Lani[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Good Morning!
Lani, hope you have a great day today!:) Try to think of other ways to beat the frustration munchies besides eating sweets. When I get frustrated like I did the other day at my boss,:mad: I went to Curves at lunch and just "beat" up the resting boards. I was running so fast, I had my heart rate up way to high and had to slow down. But it worked and when I got back to work, I ate my lunch and felt great. Felt like I had not only beat the fat fairy but also my boss! :D So maybe you could just talk a quick walk to the ladies room or outside. Not sure what you do at work ( I am guessing health care) anyhow, I know how you feel.

Regina, Oh I am so jealous. :p I do miss NYC so much sometimes! I used to love to go to Little Italy. Doesn't matter what resaurant, they are all good. My favorite is La Luna. They are all dangerous places for those of us who are Food Junkies. Just think, you could take your friends for a walk after dinner and burn some of those calories. Can't wait for you post when you get back.
Well, I am off to Curves this morn. Did not go yesterday so back on today. Where is everyone else? Hope you all have a great weekend!:)
Jodie

Regina,
Didn't realize you're on Long Island.
I'm in central CT... in a town half way between Hartford and New Haven...
but I've been down in Baldwin ALOT (too much actually)
Mom's there now and I have to make sure that she's taken care of
(housebound and new widow) and trying to get house in order in Baldwin to get on market by February.. talk about 30+ years of accumulated stuff..
can't believe so much of it now is "in vogue"... just to figure out where to bring it since I'm not familiar w/any dealers and I don't want to cart too much back w/me (I'm already a clutter princess... don't want to be clutter queen).
Right now I'm sticking w/low carb.
Since I've been under mega stress for a LONG time now I've been popping Cortislim on a daily basis (since July 11). It seems to help me cope w/life's major stresses and manage my weight since I haven't been able to work out on a regular basis any more (Mom, lawyers, MY kids <who I've been away from way too much on more than off since June.... thank goodness DH had some time from work so he handled everything on OUR homefront this summer). I actually have been able to get the scale to creep down a wee bit... not as much as I like but I'm in maintaining more than losing and esp. since I haven't been drinking my water AND haven't been able to exercise (but luckily back is OK lately) I'm grateful.
Hope everyone has a great weekend... enjoy the autumn.. winter's not too far away.
Carolyn

Happy Saturday, All!

My dog (a 2 year old Scottie named Kadie) just took me for a butt-squeezing walk! We walked very fast for about 40 minutes. My goal is to not poop out before she does!:rolleyes:

I have a really hard time eating [b]well[/b], so instead, I eat [b]less[/b] of what I eat. Last night I went out to dinner with some friends and I ate half of my meal and brought the rest home. I ate really slowly and drank 3 glasses of water instead of 3 pops! I'm really proud of that...because it is VERY hard to do! What's nice is that I can enjoy the meal today, too!:)

Those of you who cook....boy am I jealous! I am too lazy and too much of a bad cook to cook for myself. I always end up eating more than I should, because cooking for 1 is so hard! I used to have a neat little cookbook in college that was meals for 1 (now where is that?).

[b]Carolyn[/b]....long live the clutter princesses!!!! ;)
[b]Jodie[/b]....I hope you had a FABULOUS workout at Curves!
[b]Regina[/b].....I AM SO JEALOUS!!! I LOVE NYC!!! Good luck with you meal out! I KNOW you can do it!
[b]Lani[/b]...I'm so sorry you had a bad day at work! I wish I was there for you! :) I hope you have a 150% better Saturday! Don't be hard on yourself for falling backwards......just keep pushing forwards! I ate a WHOLE BAG of cheetos a couple of weeks ago! I thought I would DIE!!! But, instead....I had to work harder the next day! Phewww.....that was my learning lesson!
[b]Nicole, Ann, and everyone else[/b]....Where the heck are you, girlfriends?? Are you all going to check in tomorrow? I hope so! I couldn't be doing this without all of you!

Talk to you soon!
Kelly
Start: 149
Last Sunday: 147
Realistic Goal: 135
Trophy Model Unrealistic Dreaming Goal That May be Achieved if I STARVE: 125

[size=3][color=magenta][i][b]Hi,[/b][/i][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=magenta][i][b]This morning at Curves they had this wonderful quote on the board and I knew I had to share it with all of you.[/b][/i][/color][/size]

[size=3][b]There are only 2 things that prevent you from accomplishing your goals;:( [/b][/size]

[size=4][i]FEAR and SELF DOUBT[/i]:eek: [/size]

[size=3][b]When you learn to [u]trust yourself[/u] and ask for help, the world gets a whole lot easier.;) [/b][/size]
[i][size=3]Wyatt Webb[/size][/i]

[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]I am printing this out and putting it on my fridge and on my board at work. I have always had so much self doubt,less since I have gotten older but still more than I should. The fear I have pretty much conquered, but asking for help was a hard one to over come. By posting on this board, I asked for and got help and support from all of you. My little world and goal has become easier this week. I love reading about Kelly's butt squeezes and Nicole's bouts with chips and her BF and Lani's good and bad days at work and Regina's wonderful advice( I feel she is kinda the "MOM" of the group as she is so giving and kind and worries about us.) and everyone else that I have forgotten their names cause my memory is shot....LOL![/b][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]Any how, thanks to all of you. TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT![/b][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]See ya all later this eve![/b][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]PS Kelly I love your signature about reality and dreaming! Please don't starve but I bet you can reach that 125 just like I can reach that 180.(160 would be divine on my 5'10" large frame!AHHHH to dream.....)[/b][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]Later,[/b][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=magenta][b]Jodie[/b][/color][/size][/i]

Ladies....it was worse than a lions den for a dieter. Hubby and I had met our friends on Mulberry Street and they had already picked the restaurant they wanted to eat at,... named Fiori's Italian Restaurant. As I looked at the luncheon menu, there was not one dietetic, low calorie item listed. I was very greatful I had skipped breakfast and lunch cause I suspected this might happen. I did have one alcoholic beverage and we all toasted our reunion. I refused second drink when the waitress came around for refills. The main meal was pizza...very thin type which I was glad for. When it came time for dessert, hubby and I shared by cutting it in half....I guess you all want to know what it was? Okay, it was a homemade cannoli. In pre-diet days, I would have had no problem eating the whole thing. Our luncheon lasted 4 hours (not because we were eating all that time, but because we actually sat at tables outside the restaurant and were not hurried), and we all ended with a cup of cappuccino. As I said earlier, NOTHING on the menu was dietetic, so under the situation, I tried to use the best judgement possible by not going for the huge pasta dishes, refusing second drink and sharing dessert. I probably hit my total daily calorie intake on this luncheon. Will I be doing it again? Not until next year when they come for a visit to the city again. The good news: I got a heck of a lot of walking in today and feel it could have saved the day in burning calories. No dinner for me tonight in spite of it. Wish my report was a better one. Hope my weigh in tomorrow shows all the days of this past week which were good diet days.

Carolyn: So sorry to hear your mother is newly widowed. Watching over an elderly parent can be a very stressful situation. I managed my mother's affairs for the last 7 years of her life. She used to be a very independent women, then she lost both her legs due to peripheral disease. It wasn't easy for either of us. So my new friend, you have my admiration for being supportive toward your Mom in her time of need.

Jodie: I wanted to be an inspiration for you and everyone posting and I feel I have failed with my report today. My apologies....I will do better tomorrow.

Kelly: I like the way you list your stats. You have to know your goal is obtainable.

Nicole and Ann don't forget to weigh in tomorrow. Hope to see EVERYONE weigh in tomorrow.

BTW: My age is listed in my "profile" :)

I'll be popping in and out before the night is over to see who else may have posted.

Regina

Archived