Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=sienna]Hi Everyone, just got home from work and it was a much better night:p I am a nurse in a nursing home, this is the time of year when they get pneumonia and start going down in health so the stress level goes up alot. But I love taking care of my residents and their families, they are all like family. I wish I could trade them appetites:D [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#a0522d]Thank You All for all your kind words and thoughts. This group is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#a0522d]A thought for the day: I don't want my greatest skill to be my ability to eat! from the book Devotion for Dieters.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#a0522d]till later at weigh in. Lani[/color][/size][/font]

Loss: 1 pound......Yippeeee!
Total Loss= 18 pounds
reason: I increased water intake and all but for one meal this week, I stuck to my diet.

Phew! I can't say I wasn't nervous when I got on that scale, but it appears my endeavors for the most part of this week paid off.:D

Hey Lani, when I did nursing, I specialized in geriatric care. Worked in nursing home and did private duty. I loved it and wouldn't trade those years for anything. See ya later on the board. Okay, who will be next?

Regina

I was just reviewing some of the past posts. Looks like I missed a few. Carolyn, sorry to learn of your 3 herniated discs. Looks like we are just two of many out there who will have to use caution in the things we do for the rest of our lives. One of the things I decided for myself was to buy one of those swedish foam beds a year ago. It is unbelievable! Although, it was expensive and took me a year to pay it off, it was worth every penny. I no longer wake in pain and I sleep like I am in a cloud. Since the purchase of that bed, I feel as if I have gotten my life back. I can now handle any discomforts brought on by damp, rainy days or when I do something stupid like lift something I know I shouldn't have. Hey, I could do a great commercial for that company...LOL. Anyway, just had to share with you.

Regina

ps. should you want to read up on it, just go to [url="http://www.abed.com"]www.abed.com[/url]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen]WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Way to go Regina. Well I am up 1 pound 171:( :( But I think it may be water weight since my rings are tight this morning, so we will see. Not going to beat myself up over it since I know weight flucuates with muscle weight and water etc. :rolleyes: well got to run and jump in the shower. see ya all on the boards later maybe. Have a great sunday all. Lani[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#006400]NEXT:D [/color][/size][/font]

Good Morning!:)
Quick post as I am out the door!
Weight - 229
Loss - 3lbs
Mood - Happy Dance around the scale!:D
DOB 2/11/50

I pretty much stayed on the program,took my supplements everyday, 8-10 glasses of water a day and Curves 4 x this week and alot of support from my DH and new friends on this board! Gotta run. See you all later!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkred][i]Alllllright Jodie, way to go. I forgot to put my age down, Birthday 10-06-51 Oh and I forgot to mention I did lose 5 inches:D Must have still been asleep when I first posted;) Lani[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000]NEXT:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Lani.....You have a good attitude toward your 1 pound gain. It's going to drop by next weigh in I'm sure of that. Sounds like you are aware of it to. Keep plugging away!

Jodi: Lady ...you are amazing me. A big hug and congratulations for your 3 pound loss. I am so happy for you.

Who's next?

Lani....5 inches?!!!! From your waist? Or does that include hip & thighs? You've been really working out!

How many of us have received comments about our weight loss appearance from family and/or co-workers?

My hubby comments daily saying how much better I look. My boss one morning said,"Hello skinny" and believe me, I am far from skinny, but that was his way of saying he noticed I lost weight. The woman I work with has said nothing and she is still bringing in cakes and bakery goodies for everyone. She looks too thin to be considered healthy looking. Go figure.

Regina

Instead of buying regular applesause, buy the yucky one with no sugar and no fat. Just add your powdered cinnamon and sweet & low. Wow...what a great taste for only 60 calories per 2/3 cup. You get your fruit and your sweet tooth with love ya :)

I'll check in later tonight for the rest of you weigh inners.

Regina

Congrats to all of you who lost and for those who didn't (myself included) we will for sure loose next week!!

Well, I weighed in again at 158. I went to the gym and worked out a lot, but I wasn't too good with my alcohol intake last night (there was a huge bday party at a nice club here in the city!!) it is very difficult with all of the parties, clubs etc. to minimize alcohol on the weekend., especially since i am still really young.

I am still down a couple lbs, but I am thinking 135-140 by dec 26th may be tougher than I thougt, it might just be too much for me to loose. i am 5'8, I am rethinking my goals. I think inches may be a better judge for me. This weight thing is driving me crazy!!!!

Well, I will try harder this week with limiting my salt (my weakness), Good luck to ya'll and congrats for a great week!
MiamiNicole

What a BEAUTIFUL day in Colorado!!! I just got home from the Race for the Cure 5K walk. My mom is a survivor! (Yeah!) I didn't think I would do the walk....just walk around the booths....but my boyfriend and my sister talked me into it.......It was 3 miles from the car to the start of the race....another 2 miles around the booths....then 3.2 miles for the race.....then 3 miles back to the car! I'm Pooped!

I treated myself to a brunch out with my sister, brother, sister-in-law and my boyfriend! I ate FRENCH TOAST! Yikes! I won't step on a scale for a couple of days! But....I think it will be ok! My legs hurt so much.....I think I walked about 400 million calories off today!
I'm off to nap!
Dinner tonight with my Boyfriend's family! His mom's 80th birthday is today! Yeah! Gonna be careful! : )

Good job everyone!!! Even those who gained a little.....it was just a little.....NO BIG DEAL!!! You gals are FABULOUS!:)

Kelly

Start: 149
Last Sunday: 147
Today: 145
Realistic Goal: 135
Trophy-Model Unrealistic Dreaming Goal That May be Achieved if I STARVE: 125

Nicole....
I wanted to tell you that I don't think your goals are unrealistic! I think you and I want to both lose the same amount of weight (about 20 pounds) by December! So....Let's push each other! I'm not drinking alcohol AT ALL!!! Just water! A LOT! I can drink on the cruise....but I will be disciplined not to drink now....(just thinking about that dress on the cruise and how I want it to fit!) If I don't do it now....I can later! ;)

Don't change your goals! We can do this, ok? Have a 10 pound limit that you MUST lose, and then make another 10 pound limit that will be the INCENTIVE loss for that wonderful dress, swimsuit, etc. you want to wear, but can't right now! We can do this!

Hang in there!
Kelly

Down 1.5 lbs. I too celebrated a bit too much this weekend. I need to cut out the vino until we cruise, then I can really celebrate. Congratulations to everyone this week. Even when you gain a little as long as you face it you are winning. Nothing taste as good as being skinny feels :}
Have a great week.

Hi, folks. I'm a little late coming into this thread, but I'd like to join the group. I'm reading this on Sunday night, and I've been eating like a pig all day. I'm not about to do a weigh-in now! Should I weigh in tomorrow (Monday) morning, or should I wait until next Sunday?

Where do I post my weigh-in?

Right now I weigh about 140, which doesn't sound too bad until you realize that I'm only 5'. My goal is 110 pounds. I've been gaining a bit here and there lately, and I've been saying that I need to start a diet soon -- this is a good motivation for me to start NOW.

As a general rule, I do fine all day at work. Then I come home and I eat, eat, eat, eat, eat. Any ideas for me? It's not a matter of being hungry -- it's just habit and availability -- the usual.

I'm thinking of aiming for 1000 calories per day (if that sounds low, remember I'm only 5'), increasing my water intake, and trying to exercise more (that's the hard part for me).

Laura

Hello Ladies !!

Great job everyone ! Lani it sounds like you are on the right track - you may be building muscle with your steady workouts thus the gain. I'd be thrilled with the loss in inches compared to pounds! If you think about it that is really all of our goal, to be smaller in girth!! Jodie you make me proud !! Regina slow and steady is the way to do it as you already know, 1 pound less is 1 pound that's gone for good! Kelly - WOOHOO ! Nicole don't give up !! [i]You can do it![/i] Nope it won't be easy & nope it won't happen overnight. It can happen though! One thing you may want to do is change what you drink when your out. I don't know what you normally drink but there are all sorts of ways to cut out the extra calories and sugar while still having a good time & getting a buzz!

I haven't had a chance to post much this week, sorry! I have however been sneaking every chance to read everything! The diet program that I am on is called ediets and can be found at ediets .com. The reason I choose this is I could pick what plan I wanted, they offer their own (which is what i am doing) Atkins, Southbeach, I think Dr Phil and a slew of others. The reason that i like this one so much is that they provide my menu for the week, give me the option of swithching meals that I wouldn't like for things I would, provide all recipes ( I forgot who said that they have a hard time finding recipes for one, but all of their recipes are for one!) or gives me the option of choosing from a restaurant or prepackaged (for those of you who don't like to cook !!) and they provide a grocery list. When i follow the plan faithfully :rolleyes: I loose between 2-3 pounds weekly! It is a pay service but for me it's worth it - i can do it from the comfort of my home and not have to go out to weight watchers , watch points or anything like that. Just follow the menu! It may help some of you out. Anyways, I'll post some of the recipes that my family really liked for everyone. i'll try to do at least one a week.

I suppose that I have stalled long enough.......

Start weight- 150
Last week -150
This week-150

I look at those figures and think- crap! That's 3 weeks= at least 3 pounds that I should have lost! Yes, I haven't gained but that is opportunity that I let get away from me. The past weekend was a bust, and I am grateful I guess that I didn't gain from it ! BUT..... I had Kentucky Fried chick, potatoes with gravy and coleslaw for dinner Thursday night! The funny thing is I had craved fried chicken for weeks, finally gave in and it tasted horrible! Has anyone else noticed that as you change your eating habits that foods you used to love and now crave just don't taste that great anymore when you do give in? I also only worked out once! I did however spend quite a bit of time gardening and we loaded a couple of chords of wood today! So there was some activity level at least! I also found i did pretty well when i kept a food log with calorie count compared to the days I didn't. Well I do have at least 1 valid excuse :D for giving into the chicken and not loosing, it's THAT week. I guess I can look at the last three weeks as that is what I can eat to maintain when I finally loose what I need to !

When I lost the first 12 pounds my husband would come home from work and say how much younger I looked and at least once a day would say I was really pretty!! Talk about ego booster! Not so much about loosing weight but other aspects of my looks. I think I will use that as my motivation this week! It made me feel so good before! BTW - 07/15/71 is my birthdate.

My goals for this week-
-3 pounds, more water, Pilates 3X, Walk 2-3 miles 2X, ( can substitute it with doing wood/ aggresive gardening-I need to put my vegetable garden to bed for the winter!) and most of all sticking to my ediets meal plan!

Thanks for letting me ramble on girls! I hope that we hear from all of the rest! We have quite a big group now!
Jen

Joining our group is your positive first step. We will support you through your loss and give encouragement when you gain. We only ask there be no judgement. Helpful advice as you learn new things is always welcomed. We have two nurses among us....myself and Lani. My personal feeling is a 1000 calorie diet is too low. A woman's metabolism needs sufficient nutrition and I believe you can get the results you seek with a minimum 1200 calorie diet without depriving your body.

Lani....what is your feedback on this for our new comer? Laura, she gets in late from work and I'm sure she will have some input for you later.

Laura, you said you eat out of habit and availability. My suggestion is to start planning to have healthy snacks available until you can break that habit of reaching for the food. You must try to "Reach for Your Goal" as one of our members said in previous message. Do you knit or crochet? Think of a hobby that will keep your hands busy and if you can't think of one, then type away and post here. There is no limit to posting and it may be just the the thing you need for now.

Your first weigh in will be next Sunday and I'm looking forward to it. Your goal is reachable, your mind must be determined more than ever now, and all of us ladies are here to support you through the process. Welcome to this determined group of ladies :)

Regina

Jen

What a great post! Enjoyed reading it very much. You still have a handle on it all. Ladies, no one here is expecting everyone to make it through "That Week" of the month without succumbing to a weakness. All the power to you if you can. As long as everyone recognizes that's all it is and it will pass, and there is no need to give up on your efforts.

Jen, you will show a loss next weekend because you really are on track in spite of "That Week." :) You recognized it....good for you!

Thanks for all your positive input. That's what keeps everyone going. Looking forward to those recipes.

Regina

Hi All

Sorry I'm so late posting but I have been on the go all day. I lost 1 pound
this week. I do really good all week and then along comes the weekend.
Oh well I'm happy that I lost. Congrats to all that lost and stayed the
same!!! To those that gained don't worry, you'll do better next week.

Regina just wanted to let you know all week I did nothing but think about
the fat fairy and that kept me on track.

I'm having alot of trouble with drinking water. I have never been much of
a water drinker and I know it would really help. I plan on trying to drink
more this week. Also I need to exercise more.

My father has been in the hospital since June. So everyday after work
I go to see him. This leaves me so little time for anything else.

Well ladies I wish all of you the best of luck this week.

Joanne

Joanne....congratulations on your 1 pound loss! Water is an issue with me to, so I drink crystal lite flavored drinks when I can and I am keeping a small dixie cup of water on my desk at work to serve as a reminder. I think I don't like water because it has no flavor to it. Keep trying with the water....it really tricks the metabolism into speeding up and it gives a full stomach feeling.

Sounds very stressful with your father being in the hospital since last June. If you need to talk about it, you can always e-mail at: [email="2Regina@optonline.net"]2Regina@optonline.net[/email]

I'm happy you lost weight. Glad you kept the Fat Fairy at bay....she must be pissed off by our group :)
Regina

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid][i]Hi All, Just got home from and came straight up here to read the posts and stay away from the kitchen:D [/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Welcome Laura I think you will find this to be a great bunch of gals all with the same goals and great input. I am like you I go straight for food when I get home I think it is a confort thing for me, glad to be home from work and the stress. I am one of those emotional eaters I eat for every emotion there is:rolleyes: Now I try to keep better snacks or sugar free jello 0 points ya know;) Fruit, etc something lo cal but satisfying. I am measuring everything to keep my portion control under control. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Regina the 5 inches was all over, I can feel it in the way my clothes fit so I am happy with that.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Every one is doing great from what I read tonight. Keep up the good work. got to hit the sack for now, Going to exercise in the morning so got to get some sleep. Night All.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc]Thought for the Day; God brings me through EVERY situation whether large or small.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Well Ann and Carolyn, I waited for you gals to weigh in. Hope you'll be back for the next weigh in. If you feel your diet need wasn't met through these posts, please let us know so we can look to improve in what ever way possible.

Time for me to turn in for the night. Sweet dreams all you thinnies-to-be.

Thanks to everyone for your great support. I have had computer problems the last three days, and have not been able to get on the thread. At yesterday's weigh-in I actually gained two pounds, however as of this morning, back to the 155 plateau. Unfortunately, I went over to a friends house Saturday night for dinner, and he prepared everyones plate in the kitchen before serving. He made a huge deal of having had cooked all day for the dinner party and I didn't have the heart to tell him that absolutely nothing on his menu was on the Atkins. So I ate the whole plate, and the worst part was, it didn't even taste good to me.....pork tenderloin in gravy, mashed potatoes, bread pudding, etc. Today I'm back to the diet strong. Only seven weeks to go before the cruise and I'd sure like to lose at least 10 more pounds.

Good luck everyone and happy Monday!!!

Ann

Regina,
Sorry to disappoint you (and everyone else) but
A) I DON'T have (keep) a scale in my house and
B)... since I've been on this board a LONG time (well over a year) I DON't participate in weekly weighins.. it just doesn't work for me (no offense)
I've been more or less maintaining loss for quite some time..
would LOVE to lose 10 but I don't think it's going to be in the cards
Have had a problem w/scale and such (meaning creeping gain) for about a year now.. have been trying to figure out WHY w/MDs... but haven't quite got a handle on it yet.. think it's A)thyroid <though now on meds> B) age (46... so peri-m. time) and C) STRESS... have been under MEGA dose of this for well over 6 months now.. and have at least 6 months more of it ahead of me... though since July 11th I've been taking Cortislim.... can't endorse it for everyone BUT it's helped me through some MAJOR h*ll times (handling Dad's illness, medical mismanagement and passing and Mom's issues <housebound invalid who's now MY responsibility at 100 miles away> until the estate's settled and she's "in place -- putting her in facility hopefully by March)
I avoid taking ALL meds since I've a strict (rigid) Atkins follower (purist) and know that what I take (pill-wise) will effect the body. After a while I HAVE been able to take off the pesky 10 lbs... now I'd LOVE to lose another 10 to have a buffer, but will be content (I was going to say happy but that's not REALLY the truth) if I maintain at the weight I'm in.
I'll try to get my "old" usually exercise regime back on.. haven't been able to since June... too much juggle, but even w/o exercise the weight has been OK.
Have a great Monday everyone.
Carolyn

Feeling much more up today, just ate some healthy tuna salad and it is back to work! Missed the gym this morning, but will go for sure either tonight or early 2morrow. I need to watch my late night eating, I do great at the exercise, but bad at snacking. I am loosing inches though! Waist went from 29 to 27.8!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DIET MONDAY!
Nicole

Archived