Which cruise? Just turned 4, 12, 14 and 15?

jentravel

Hello! I need help. I am not sure which cruise ship to pick with my kids to keep them all occupied. Could you tell me what they do with four year olds on the ship(s)? Do they have a program where they keep them busy the majority of the day? I guess that would be my biggest concern....I guess what I am really looking for is a ship that would keep my teens, preteen, and 4 year old busy! Which one would be great for them????

Thank you,

Jennifer

You are in the perfect zone for RCCL. I would suggest either their Freedom or Voyager ships as they have the most activities that appeal to older kids. Try for one of their family staterooms with 2 bedrooms and a living area. Go to the RCCL web site for more information.

Here's another vote for Royal Caribbean. I'd also go with Voyager class or Freedom class ships. They are gorgeous, have so much to do and will appeal to everyone.

We took our kids on the Navigator 3 years ago when kids were ages 3, 6, and 8. They had a ball and even my youngest remembers Adventure Ocean and the pirate parade they did down the Royal Promenade.

Heather

Would you pick RCCL over Carnival. We are planning a cruise for next year 3, 7 &12. We were hoping for a cuise that could fit all of un in a room, but I am having no luck, any suggestions? We would like to cruise to mexico from the west coast.

Would you pick RCCL over Carnival. We are planning a cruise for next year 3, 7 &12. We were hoping for a cuise that could fit all of un in a room, but I am having no luck, any suggestions? We would like to cruise to mexico from the west coast.

In a heartbeat ;)

RCCL has cabins that accomodate 5. You just have to call a TA or RCCL directly to book it because they don't show those cabins online.

Just came back from a week on the Liberty of the Seas (RCCL) with our two kids 3 & 6. They loved Adventure Ocean and the H2O zone. My son hates pools but loved loved loved the water park. They would go back in a heartbeat!

I saw a lot of preteens and teens that looked like they had a lot of fun. To tell you the truth, even though there were 4300+ passengers, we hardly saw kids outside of the pool area. They must have been busy avoiding adults and having fun with their friends!;)

Princess is great. It has self-service laundry (washer and dryer) on board.

When my DD was 4, she did not want to go into the kids club alone. She never had preschool experience, so it was hard for her to be left alone there.

Cavners5, if your child has never been to daycare or preschool, she will probably be unable to cope being left alone in a kids club, even if there are other kids her own age there. Princess will allow you to go into the club with her and play in the kids' zone facility whenever the club is open. This is not so for RCCL cruises. They do not allow parents in the kids zone for a long period of time.

I have never cruised on RCCL, but we have done Princess and Celebrity cruises. I think the kids programs for these cruise lines are similar. It really depends on the counsellors on board and the activities they have planned out for the kids. For older kids 7 and up, it really depends on the other kids they met on board. Some kids make friends quickly, others do not.

I don't know about RCCL ships, but I know Princess has indoor pools that allow kids (potty-trained). Celebrity's indoor pools do not allow kids to swim in them. Celebrity also uses salty water in their swimming pools which most kids dislike.

I believe that you should pick the itinerary that adults will enjoy first before picking the cruise line.

I have posted Princess' kids' patters before. You can take a look at them to get an idea of what activities were planned for the kids.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=250207

In 2007, we did a Celebrity (Infinity) cruise to Alaska and Princess (Golden) cruise to Mexico. I felt Infinity had a better children's program, but I didn't like the head of the kids' program there (her staff did most of the work). Since it was a July 4th cruise, they planned special activities celebrating July 4. In contrast, the Golden Princess' kids program included a lot of TV/movie watching because every time I go and pick up my kids at the kids' zone, they are watching something on TV. I was surprised that the Golden didn't include special activities celebrating New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. The party was limited to 7-10 that night, not during the day when the kids are more awake.

Archived