All things Independence of the Seas

Gixer............we are on the Independence 26 July to the Med and we have booked early - simply because 8.30-8.45pm is too late. A nice compromise would be 7.15pm!! It's a pitty the don't introduce My Time dining in one of the dining levels for those of us who would prefer to be more flexible? A very subjective topic I know, but last year on Princess, we thought it was marvellous. We are travelling with two teenagers 15 and 14 (boys)

Not sure if this helps!:p:confused:

Gixer............we are on the Independence 26 July to the Med and we have booked early - simply because 8.30-8.45pm is too late. A nice compromise would be 7.15pm!! It's a pitty the don't introduce My Time dining in one of the dining levels for those of us who would prefer to be more flexible? A very subjective topic I know, but last year on Princess, we thought it was marvellous. We are travelling with two teenagers 15 and 14 (boys)

Not sure if this helps!:p:confused:

Yes that helps a lot thanks for your input, I think that 8.45 is way to late for me let alone my 11 year old, I think I will definatley change it to early, if we are shattered on port days or running late we can always skip dinner and eat at the buffet. I know my kids would prefer to be doing other fun stuff in the evening and not stuck in a dining room.

I also would love my time dining, I was dissapointed it wasnt offered as an option, Im holiding out hope that before we sail next April I might get an email or phone call asking if we want to change to my time :)

Hi

We too are booked for late dining - that's only because my Mum & Dad preferred that time.....anything to keep the folks happy! :confused:

I agree with you both, 7:15pm would be perfecto! But I guess they have to accomodate everyone. I think I will be having a fill-in snackette around 5pm as I don't eat late at home...........and taking plenty of elasticated clothes too! :eek:

Hello All,

I have a Flow Rider question for those of you with some previous experience on the Freedom Class ships.

I simply want to know how the Flow Rider works....not the machine itself, rather the process of signing up to use it. I assume it runs only certain hours per day? Is it something you need to sign up for first thing when you get on the ship? Or is it more something that you can decide to wait in line and see if you get a turn?

For those of you who have cruised on Liberty and Freedom of the Seas, perhaps you would know the answers to these questions best. Also, is there an age, height or weight restriction. And lastly, do they charge any fee to use the Flow Rider.

Thanks to all your responses in advance!

Ohhhhhhhh I saw them pics elsewhere last night and thought how fabulous they are - Cool plane pics too! ;)

Brill!!!

Ste ''from the Dibb Ste'' by any chance? I just booked Independance today for Apr 09 cant wait :D

Good link; much appreciated, but I noticed that in spite of the reporter's pronouncement that he would walk through the ship he only covered about 2/3 of her length. Forward centrum to aft centrum was about it. Hmmm....could ye olde British pub in the promenade have influenced his wee trek? After all, they messed with the film speed along there, didn't they?

Happy Cruising,

Alan

I am so excited as will be boarding the Independence of the Seas tomorrow for a 4 night cruise to Cork.

Can anyone give any details about Cobh/Cork or anything within the ship?

I cannot wait and just want to keep talking about it!