bath robes on the deck!-why?

lafayettedvm

mybe i have a dirty mind but did you explain what your avatar was because people thought it was something different......:D

because at first glance i was like is that a ............

i guess my mind is in the gutter on this one......lol

I have no idea what you speak of...

mybe i have a dirty mind but did you explain what your avatar was because people thought it was something different......:D

because at first glance i was like is that a ............

i guess my mind is in the gutter on this one......lol

I have no idea what you speak of... I thought I would explain it because the pic is so.... err, small. I know when I first saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa ice sculpture I said, "Wow look at that ice sculpture of..... The Leaning Tower of Pisa" and the little sign at the base even said so!

Well, :eek: I kinda did a double take myself...can someone tell me what the heck it IS?

My Avatar is of an ice sculptor of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Island Princess, 10/15/07

Ah, if it was truly just 'going to the spa', that would be one thing, but it is not. The issue is that people seem to be wearing them everywhere on the ship, including public places; and yes, even the lobby.

Hence the analogy to the lobby of the Ritz, a very valid point; and one that I agree with..

In this world there will never be a time where everyone believes the exact same thing and has the very same views. Imagine how boring the world would be if it were like that.

You certainly cant make everyone happy.

In this world there will never be a time where everyone believes the exact same thing and has the very same views. Imagine how boring the world would be if it were like that.

You certainly cant make everyone happy.

it seems like this has never been more true than with cruising

I have no idea what you speak of... I thought I would explain it because the pic is so.... err, small. I know when I first saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa ice sculpture I said, "Wow look at that ice sculpture of..... The Leaning Tower of Pisa" and the little sign at the base even said so!

roflmao2.gif

I can totally see my son and his friends doing this - check into the room - find the robes - decide to all wear them for muster drill. If this was the worst "rebel act" that these young men were involved in during the cruise - personally I would think it was very funny.

And, no doubt, many people must have found it funny, as I did overhear some snickering. From observers, not the young men.

I have no idea if that was the "worst rebel act" they were involved in. I wasn't all that concerned -- they aren't my sons. I just thought it was odd, and a bit stupid. And just because someone has the potential to do "something worse" doesn't make a stupid thing to do any less stupid...*L*....nor any less interesting to comment on.

before our cruise this past week, i read about people wearing robes to walk around the ship. i didnt think anything of it. i have sailed several times and had never experienced this. well, for the first time, we had robes in our closet. i counted around 30-40 people walking around decks in BATH robes. i dont know why, but this made me feel uneasy. this ship decks are public areas not a driveway with a news paper at the end. why do people feel compelled to wear a robe to walk around?

we were on the Elation 2 weeks ago, and yes, people wear their bathrobes all around. I thought this was really tacky and someone should tell these folks bathrobes are for cabins only. I imagine they wore them because of the winds but still, be classy and DON"T WEAR ROBES outside your room.

we were on the Elation 2 weeks ago, and yes, people wear their bathrobes all around. I thought this was really tacky and someone should tell these folks bathrobes are for cabins only. I imagine they wore them because of the winds but still, be classy and DON"T WEAR ROBES outside your room.

Does Carnival anywhere say these robes are for your cabin only???? People wearing them while going to the spa or to get a quick bite to eat is perfectly fine! Many of you people really need to lighten up!

Imagine people having need to be told that!

again I feel that all of you want the rolls royce for the honda price...

If things like this are too low class for you.... then why are you still on these types of cruies...

"to do the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result" is the definition of insanity.....

I'm not gonna stoop to calling you guys insane....

But it seems you don't want to pay for more class...... which is very low class :D

Personally, I see nothing wrong with using the robes for a swim cover up around the pool during the day. It's one less thing for me to pack and they actually conceal much more that my short regular one.

We've noticed the "trend" of wearing bathrobes in public areas of the ship increasing. And we're not just talking around or to/from the pool, or even first thing in the morning grabbing a cup of coffee on the Lido Deck.

On a cruise we took over Labor Day Weekend, there was a group of about 8-10 young men that wore their bathrobes to the muster station for the muster drill. Mind you, this was at about 5:00 p.m. before the ship ever left port.

Perhaps they thought it looked "cool.'

Here are my 3 theories:

The people wearing their bathrobes in the middle of the day are the same ones whose bar tab is considerably higher than the other passengers on the ship.

Wearing a bathrobe might make some people feel like "royalty" and "pampered", specially if their "relaxation" outfit back home consist of boxers and t-shirt.

For large groups, I bet there's one person who thought that wearing their bathrobes around the ship would be "so cool" or "different" so they got all their buddies to do the same

Mr Pete as I posted earlier in this thread, Celebrity does post this in the paper that robes aren't to be worn out of the room. And this on a "classier" cruiseline.;) Even then robes were worn out of the cabins:eek:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with using the robes for a swim cover up around the pool during the day. It's one less thing for me to pack and they actually conceal much more that my short regular one.

I totally agree. I'd much rather ride in the elevator with someone wearing a robe over their bathing suit than NOT wearing something over their suit. Especially if they are wet and dripping. And, it was freezing on the Elation a couple of weeks ago. Besides, if one has ever been at an elegant resort, many of the patrons wear long robes that look just like CCL bathrobes. Only they are made of terrycloth.

Archived