Just for girls-question re: "that" time

Just FYI...

I use a similar product by a different name (probably the name in Canada). Diva Cup. I love it... and takes so little space :)

The best part is, no worry of disposal and "smelly" issues when onboard a cruise.

Best of luck to all those cruising "with". Just think of it this way... you could be at home "with" instead.

Fun post... great moms out there!

Andrea

You should ask your DR. There are ways to delay menstruation. If you are on the pill, you can keep taking it the week you are supposed to stop. There are other hormone pills they can give you too if you are not on the pill. Nothing is totally risk free, but most methods are very low risk if you are not over 40 and not a smoker. :)

Just wanted to add that you can only do the birth control pill thing if you're on a monophasic pill (all active pills are the same). If you're on a triphasic pill (like Ortho-Tricyclen) it's not a good idea to try it.

Just wanted to add that you can only do the birth control pill thing if you're on a monophasic pill (all active pills are the same). If you're on a triphasic pill (like Ortho-Tricyclen) it's not a good idea to try it.

I take a low dose pill (Alesse) without a break, and I have done this for 3 years now. I have not had any problems with it and it keeps my PMDD away as well! My doctor had told me the period you have on the pill is not the same as one without....so I thought why have one then? He agreed. They use those "sugar pills" to make woman feel normal. Like having a cycle makes me feel normal!:eek: no thanks. This has been the best thing for me and if you have ever thought about it ask your doctor. I know they have come out with the 3 month pills, but still research and see that it is not the same "period" when you are on the pill.

To the OP, yes bring supplies, we always do for my 14 year old, just in case, and we have always needed them! :o

Just FYI...

I use a similar product by a different name (probably the name in Canada). Diva Cup. I love it... and takes so little space :)

The best part is, no worry of disposal and "smelly" issues when onboard a cruise.

Best of luck to all those cruising "with". Just think of it this way... you could be at home "with" instead.

Fun post... great moms out there!

Andrea

Yep looks like the same thing! It truly is a treasure!

Last month on our wedding/honeymoon cruise, I started on day 4 of our 5 day...uggggghhh! Did not bring any supplies, paid $8 for 12 tampons that were carboard applicator that I absolutely hate. I have terrible cramping on the first day and bananas are terrific for that because of the potassium, lucky for me there was an endless supply of bananas in Windjammer! Never again will I go without supplies if I am at least 7 days from expecting Aunt Flo.

Archived