Is there a big difference in Cat. JS vs. D1....

klfhngr

[quote name='klfhngr']I keep hearing about the closets, are they really that large? I might have one of the boys sleep in it! Ever see the Seinfield episode when Kramer's Japanese guest slept in the drawers, lol?!![/quote]

In my ever so humble opinion, I would have to disagree about the closets. We were very lucky enough to have an aft junior suite on the vision last year and although I thought the closet was bigger than our aft on the 7th deck that we had the year before, I still didn't consider it large enough to change in.
But, it could be because we had luggage in there!! ;)

As for the Seinfeld episode- LOVED that one! :D

question. We are going on Vision and to be in JS , aft, I think 8090? NEXT WEEK YIPPEE, anyway, anyone know if we will have a refridgerator.

And I if read this right being in JS lets you go to suite check in line & lounge, right?

:cool:

[quote name='frogfuzz']question. We are going on Vision and to be in JS , aft, I think 8090? NEXT WEEK YIPPEE, anyway, anyone know if we will have a refridgerator.

And I if read this right being in JS lets you go to suite check in line & lounge, right?

:cool:[/quote]

we were in 8090....GREAT CABIN!!! AWESOME BALCONY!!!!

yes there is a fridge. Yes you check into the suite check in with priority boarding. :)

[quote name='nunk']In my ever so humble opinion, I would have to disagree about the closets. We were very lucky enough to have an aft junior suite on the vision last year and although I thought the closet was bigger than our aft on the 7th deck that we had the year before, I still didn't consider it large enough to change in.
But, it could be because we had luggage in there!! ;)

As for the Seinfeld episode- LOVED that one! :D[/QUOTE]

Nunk, so you're saying that it's not worth moving from D1 to JS Aft? I have both cabins held as of now, I can chose either one...... Are you saying that the rooms are almost the same size, not that noticably different? Please advise.

You need to add a photo by your name so we can all stop thinking you are a girl:eek: :D ;)

Lol! I'll be adding the photo, I think I added it everywhere except where I'm supposed to add it!!!! For now, just imagine I look like Brad Pitt... that should help.

Nunk, so you're saying that it's not worth moving from D1 to JS Aft? I have both cabins held as of now, I can chose either one...... Are you saying that the rooms are almost the same size, not that noticably different? Please advise.

OH MY GOSH!! I AM SOOOO NOT SAYING THAT! :D

We absolutely LOVED our aft js! We had the D1 in 2006 and the Js last year and while we enjoyed both, if we had to chose we would pick the JS- even if it is just the two of us (which it was until this year when we bring the muchkins!). I agree with all the others that say you will be happy with either choice. I, too, would go even if we had a room the size of a closet to sleep in!

I was just saying that although I think the closet is larger, I would not have been able to change clothes in there as we used it to store our suitcases.

I am very excited to hear that 8090 in a great cabin since that is what we have currently booked for March. We are waitlisted for 8588 (the corner balcony we had last year) but are thrilled to know that 8090 is wonderful, too!

Now, which one of you great cruisers want to give me the most recent 7 day menu on Vision???;)

OH MY GOSH!! I AM SOOOO NOT SAYING THAT! :D

We absolutely LOVED our aft js! We had the D1 in 2006 and the Js last year and while we enjoyed both, if we had to chose we would pick the JS- even if it is just the two of us (which it was until this year when we bring the muchkins!). I agree with all the others that say you will be happy with either choice. I, too, would go even if we had a room the size of a closet to sleep in!

I was just saying that although I think the closet is larger, I would not have been able to change clothes in there as we used it to store our suitcases.

I am very excited to hear that 8090 in a great cabin since that is what we have currently booked for March. We are waitlisted for 8588 (the corner balcony we had last year) but are thrilled to know that 8090 is wonderful, too!

Now, which one of you great cruisers want to give me the most recent 7 day menu on Vision???;)

Ohhh! ok! We have too have cabin 8090 and are waitlisted for a corner room! Since you'll be going before us, I hope you take lots of pictures!

I am so depressed. Since we have three in an E1 on the Navigator, I'm assuming we'll be staying in....let's see; something the size of a broom closet? I don't know what to do! I am a little confused, though, since I just talked with a very close, well traveled friend who said their family of three sailed in an inside last year on RCI and were actually fine. .

We stayed in an E1 on Voyager and the two of us were very comfortable. Making the couch into a bed for the 3rd would make things a little cramped, but if your close, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

so...what are you going to do?

I have no idea! I have both rooms held.... Not sure if it's worth the $800 to upgrade.... Family wants to, I'm hesitant... Someone made a good comment, why don't we use the money for another cruise.. Well, we do plan on going on the Mariner when it moves out here next year... We were thinking of booking on the cruise... Then again, the JS looks good!

I am so depressed. Since we have three in an E1 on the Navigator, I'm assuming we'll be staying in....let's see; something the size of a broom closet? I don't know what to do! I am a little confused, though, since I just talked with a very close, well traveled friend who said their family of three sailed in an inside last year on RCI and were actually fine.

Everyone cannot afford a JS, and I'm sure it's a necessity for some and a luxury for others, but I am wondering how the population of non-JS'rs seem to still have fun with these descriptions I'm seeing of D1's, E1's, OV's, insides, etc. To the OP, I think the upgrade for you is a good idea, but for those who really have a particular budget, my point is, a JS may not be an option.

We took our teen daughter with us in a balcony cabin and it was just fine. We asked our cabin attendant for and extra chair for the balcony. The only touchy thing was the bathroom time. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived