Solo fares

JoKen1

How in the world do you guys find these great prices for solos? I can't seem to find a thing.

However, I do just look on line directly with the cruise line.

Do you find most great solo fares by going through a TA or places like priceline?

Also, when you book directly through the cruise line do you ever find the prices drop and if so do they contact you and give the refund or do you have to contact them and ask?

Thanks.

I'm fine with an inside room. In fact I prefer it. I love being able to go take a nap durning the day and the room is pitch black or being able to sleep in later because the sun doesn't wake me up.

I'm not in my room enough to make spending the money on an outside room worth it for me.

I still can not find any of the wonderful deals I hear about on CC.

I would love to find a cruise that is less then $1000 that's not a 3-4 day one.

I noticed you're in Orange Co., CA. There are several 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises leaving out of San Diego, Long Beach, and LA over the next couple of months that fit within your budget. Check out any of the many online cruise websites to get an idea of what's available.

I booked an inside guarantee on HAL's Oosterdam for only $781, and that includes all taxes and fees, plus the fuel surcharge. Quelle deal!

HAL, Princess, and Carnival all have reasonably priced cruises from the West Coast.

Roz

I noticed you're in Orange Co., CA. There are several 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises leaving out of San Diego, Long Beach, and LA over the next couple of months that fit within your budget. Check out any of the many online cruise websites to get an idea of what's available.

I booked an inside guarantee on HAL's Oosterdam for only $781, and that includes all taxes and fees, plus the fuel surcharge. Quelle deal!

HAL, Princess, and Carnival all have reasonably priced cruises from the West Coast.

Roz

I am paying 550 for my 5 day in december

You have to check around with your TA and with the on-line agents. With the cruises that I have taken, I booked with the person offering the best rates. Sometimes it's with my TA, another time with the cruiseline, and still another time I was checking online weekly for a certain cruise until I got the price that I want.

It pays off when you are sailing away!!

Wow you guys got some wonderful deals.

I did book the Mexican Rivera cruise on Visions of the Sea through RCL. I got 7 nights for about $1100 after all the taxes and charges. That's about $157 per night which isn't bad for your room, transportation, entertainment and food but it sure isn't the good prices you guys got.

I guess I need to find a good TA to keep an eye out for good solo fares for me.

Other then Mexico, Alaska there isn't much to pick from here really. SO now that I've booked Mexico and have gone to Alaska and may be going back there again in Aug I think I'm going to have to fly if I want to cruise anymore.

How about cruising to Hawaii? This past April I did a 12-day Cruise Critic group cruise. I flew into San Diego and then we were bused to Ensenada where we boarded the ship. Flew back from Honolulu. There are round trip cruises to Hawaii from the West Coast if you can spend 2+ weeks on the cruise.

Roz

Archived