What do "you" mean by "pampering"

vesw01

I have read over and over again about how you are pampered on board a cruise. We leave on Sept 25th and just can't seem to think of any great pampering that is included (meaning a spa day could be pampering, but an additional cost)...

What do each of you consider pampering - give your best pampering experience/advise that did not cost extra

Just Curious!

I think the joy of someone looking after all my needs in the effort to make it a great vacation is pampering enough for me - no need to cook for myself, clean up after myself, etc. When was the last time you remember someone turning your bed down at night for you - small things like that are wonderful.

These things are what goes along way to making cruising a great exerience.

Pampering to me is:

1. Having someone else make the bed, clean the bathroom, turn down my sheets at night and put mints on my pillow...

2. Being able to order anything I want to eat, as much as I want, and not having to cook it or clean up...

3. Having drinks delivered to my poolside chair...

4. Room service...

5. A hot tub...

6. Being surrounded by people whose sole mission in life is to make my time on board as wonderful as they can !

Pampering to me means to treat yourself to something you don't often enjoy, wheather it costs something or not. The definition in dictionary gives the following: 1. archaic meaning; to cram with rich foods. 2. to receive excessive care or treatment

I can only speak for myself, but I certainly feel pampered when I take a cruise.

Pampering to me means having all of the things done for me that I have to do for others at home. It sure is wonderful not to have to cook, to be served a beautiful meal and get up and walk away and not have to do the dishes, for one. I'll take cruising and be pampered anytime.

I disagree.....................

What the above people are describing can be found at any good, reputable resort/hotel (including chocolates on the pillow). "Pampering" is not what others do for me, it's the setting that cruises offer>>>sea days, various ports of call, etc.

Kami - what kind of ship were you sailing on :eek:

Oh come on! Why the :eek: face?

They've all pampered me!

Yes, I agree. Having someone else make the bed, clean the bath, do dishes, cook etc. is nice. But I really miss the feeling of being safe that I had when my husband looked after me on vacation. When I travel alone, I relax most on a cruise ship.

I know I'm paying for that level of service, so it's more an intangible. On a land vacation, I have to keep making decisions about transportation, where to eat, how to get to ... , and how much to tip and when and who.

On the ship, I relax.

No cooking, no cleaning, drinks brought to me and taken away and refilled without even asking, beds turned down and a candy on my pillow, beds made for us, clean towels and my mother left her shoes in a pile when we returned they were all lined up for her. I didn't even mention all the service in the dining room.

I don't know if I would call it pampering in the truest sense of the word, but the level of service I received on my recent cruise was extraordinary. The fact that every member of the crew seemed to treat me as if I was the only person aboard that mattered was certainly enjoyable. How they manage to do that day in and day out for 2500+ passengers every week simply amazes me.

The time I really felt pampered was during the couple's massage. So pampered in fact, that we booked another massage as soon as we walked out of the first. It does cost quite a bit, but if you are willing to spend the money, it's worth it.

But most of all, the 'pampering' I received was all about service. As I said, every member of the crew that I came into contact with seemed to make it their personal mission to make sure that I was not only satisfied, but impressed. And I was.

I wouldn't call that "pampering" and what I *would* call it would doubtless get this thread pulled. :p

Ah well. I think i know where other people's minds are going. I was giggling when I wrote that, so I'm in good company.

You know. My kids say that I "never get it". Little do they know. :D

It certainly is different things to different people in my opinion. I like being served my iced tea with dinner before I even order it, always having clean towels in the bathroom and knowing I don't have to wash them. Clean sheets without having to strip the bed and not having to decide "what's for dinner" or even where to go for dinner....puts my mind at ease and allows me to feel pampered. I'm not much for massages, but I may have to try one this cruise. :D

Pampering to me is:

1) Being served nightly in the dinng room and NOT having to do the cooking OR the clean up.

2) Knowing that as soon as I leave in the morning, the room steward is going to come in and clean up my room.

3) Never having to ask for another drink. Seems to magically appear.

4) Enjoying time with my S/O without any interruptions for an entire week. ;)

5) Having staff members know you by name.

LOL!

Ves...you MUST be a guy (please forgive me if this is the wrong assumption) but what you said is something my DH would say...BECAUSE all the 'pampering' that is done on that cruise ship is the way my DH is treated at home by Moi...SO, to him, it isn't anything out of the ordinary....For ME o the other hand, pampering includes everything from making my bed (and turning down my bed), cleaning my toilet (this is GREAT pampering!!), having people walking around with trays of foo-foos for me to enjoy...being treated like Royalty in the dining room feeding me meals that I didn't plan, ook or shop for (we have always had great wait staff and amazing food!!) THAT is pampering to me. If I feel this pampered on a Carnival cruise...can you imaine my bliss if I were able to afford Radisson or any 'luxury' line...with a butler????

Archived