Buffet Dress Code

jt58203

just back from the Golden, I will write a review tomorrow but no, other than a cover up which probably would not be inforced there is no dress code for the buffet. We were totally shocked to see, more than once, people in shorts and flip flops in the dining room for dinner. It seems like dress codes period are pretty much a thing of the past.

Nita

I'm looking at my Patters and it does say the dress code in the evenings applies to the whole ship. For instance, on formal night, it says 'Tonight's dress throughout the evening and throughout the ship is formal'. Just thought I'd toss that in because it does say that. Personally, I'm there to have a good time, not judge what people wear...just wanted to answer the OP's question. :)

I'm looking at my Patters and it does say the dress code in the evenings applies to the whole ship. For instance, on formal night, it says 'Tonight's dress throughout the evening and throughout the ship is formal'. Just thought I'd toss that in because it does say that. Personally, I'm there to have a good time, not judge what people wear...just wanted to answer the OP's question. :)

This is not to start an argument on dress code because they drive me nuts ;) but Princess's new DVD states that if you don't want to dress up you can go to the casual restaurants, which of course would include the buffet.

I'm looking at my Patters and it does say the dress code in the evenings applies to the whole ship.

That's true, but Emerald Princess likes to wear her Little Black Dress for formal evenings and Caribbean Princess prefers to wear her beaded gown. They've been bickering about it for months.

;)

K, so I'm sorta new here and today I've been reading alot of dress code threads....and I didn't realize what a worn out and touchy subject it can be. So, my apologies. I really shouldn't have jumped in on this one. Have a great weekend! :)

It looks like even Princess can't make up their mind about dress codes.

It is nice that they are now at least saying if you don't want to dress up you can go to the casual restaurants.

Each year as more and more "new" cruisers are cruising and "experienced" cruisers are getting tired of hauling formal wear and smart casual wear the dress has been leaning toward casual or what ever makes you comfortable. This trend really has become apparent since the airlines have tightened their free luggage allowances. We always go with the suggested attire for the evening and it is nice to dress up more than we do at home but without the free laundry and dry cleaning we receive we might not do so.

The ships won't, and probably can't, do much about the dress codes. If someone shows up the dining room in a swimsuit they will say something.

I remember reading about an incident on the Tahitian Princess several years ago where a family showed up on formal night in jean and overalls. They were denied entry to the dining room so proceeded to lay down on the floor blocking the dining room entry. No one could go into dinner and things really backed up until they were allowed to enter.:eek:

To add to the answers for the OP incase they are not aware of it - You can also wear shorts & tee shirts for breakfast & lunch in the dining rooms. Jeans, without holes, are frequently seen in the dining room at dinner time when it is not a formal night.

Archived