It pays to be a Senior sometimes

warmwinds

I've never seen anything like what just happened to our cruise fare for Connie, April 24, British Isles. I periodically check to see if prices have gone down (have once already since we booked), but today in Concierge Class, and ONLY in CC, are they offering a Senior Fare that lowered our price by $400! ($200 pp). It doesn't seem to be offered in ANY other category.

Hope this helps someone else who is booked on that sailing in CC and is over 55.

Congrats, warmwinds! I'm tracking our May cruise on the Millenium for a possible fare reduction for seniors or for CA residents, but so far nothing has popped up. I've been looking on the Celebrity website. I want to be sure I'm tracking correctly, so could you post how you found out about the reduction?

Thanks a bunch!

BB

BBSails, what I did was pretend it was a brand NEW booking - chose the ship and date, then clicked "Book Now", then it asks you if anyone is military or over 55 (check over 55 - which is quite generous btw, even though my dh is 60 I'm not), then check your state, then it will bring up all the categories - check yours and see what the price is.

There might be another way to do it but that's what I did.

We also have not made final payment yet, so not sure what would have happened if we had.

BBSails, what I did was pretend it was a brand NEW booking - chose the ship and date, then clicked "Book Now", then it asks you if anyone is military or over 55 (check over 55 - which is quite generous btw, even though my dh is 60 I'm not), then check your state, then it will bring up all the categories - check yours and see what the price is.

We also have not made final payment yet, so not sure what would have happened if we had.

Yup, that's the way you do it.

I don't imagine it would matter whether you made final payment or not. On my last Royal Caribbean cruise I was able to get three reductions for a total of $550.00 and the last reduction was after I had paid in full.

I have already gotten 2 price reductions on my April 7th Galaxy sailing for a total reduction to date of $200.00. I travel solo and every reduction is quite welcome especially when I pay 200% for my cabin.

When we first booked they said there were no senior fares on that sailing. I always ask, too.

What I find strange is that it is only on ONE category (CC), instead of offering the discount across the board. Only thing I can figure is since it's probably a cooler weather cruise balconies were not selling so they decided to offer that incentive.

I called Celebrity yesterday asking a question regarding another matter and the gentleman happen to ask what was my age and that of my husband. He indicated that we were seniors and entitled to a savings. We got $800 off of our CC cabin Summit sailing in May. What a way to go Celebrity!!!!!

It is my understanding that Celebrity will refund the difference (if you call it to their attention) after final payment. Only line that does. A powerful reason to sail Celebrity if you ask me. Our next cruise has had two price drops, both cheerfully honored. As for those special rates, one time when we were checking fares, we discovered a big reduction for seniors in sky suites. I assume ships price their cabins like the airlines do--keep adjusting the prices until they have sold what they want to sell. So it pays to keep checking. Of course, prices can go up as well, so it still pays to book early.

I check an easier way. I find an online TA site that offers the options to put in you state and age. Next, I find the cruise I am either interested in, or have already booked. I get the list of categories available with the pricing. Then, I save that page to my favorites. I end up checking that page about 2 - 4 times a day for reductions. Takes 2 seconds! ;)

Archived