dining questions from first time cruiser

cruisechickee

I have just discovered that I am waitlisted on traditional dining 6pm. How long does this take to clear, or should I change my time to 8pm. I booked this cruise over 7 months ago thru TA, should I have been informed that I was on a waitlist for Traditional? I found out on the princess website that I was waitlisted. Cruising from Auck-Syd, April 2nd. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Just give it time. Its hard to tell how long a wait list is on any cruise ship. If you don't mind the 8:00 PM dining wait until you get on the ship and then go to the dining room and check your time and seating arrangement. You might be lucky enough to have gotten a table at the first seating.

If this is your first cruise it won't be your last. So next time you cruise make sure you let your TA know what your dining preferences are when you first book your cruise.

I personally prefer the late dining. I don't have to rush back to the ship if I am shopping or touring a port just so I can be back in time to get ready for the first dining. I don't feel like I have to rush during the first dining because the staff has to have everything from the first dining cleared and have to reset the tables for the second diners. And I can also go to the buffet area for a light snack if I get hungry before the late dining. Many times by the time we were going to the second dining we found that the light snack we had around 5:30 was enough so we settled for a salad and an appertizer and still enjoyed the company of the people at our table.

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated especially being a first time cruiser. I tried clarifying with TA but all they could say to me was that their computer was down and couldn't give me the details, but they didn't respond to email either. When I originally booked with TA I requested Traditional. Hopefully it will clear as they confirm all the ship bookings. Do you think Traditional is more popular? :rolleyes:

I'm confused by what you mean when you say traditional. Everything is exactly the same if you eat 1st seating or 2nd. Are you talking dining room vs. buffet?

In any case you can go to the maitre'd when you get on board (ask where he'll be at purser's desk). You can find out even where your table is. Your dining time is ususally on your sign 'n sail card. Or you can see him/her when you get to the dining room at night. He can change the time you eat and will change your table if you have a problem wiht tablemates. They aim to please!

Archived