If you booked a BE guarantee...

Smartcookie

How did you make out? I'm thinking of booking the BE guarantee on the CP since all the balconies seem to be fore or aft anyway, so I'll take my chances on getting something better.

If anyone booked a BE guarantee can you tell me what you ended up with? Cruise is 88 days out and I just booked today.

THanks!

We booked BF guarantee on the Dawn, received a BA cabin

assignment. We saw a major price drop that our agent couldn't match, canceled, and rebooked

with another agency for another BF guarantee. We ended

up with a BC cabin, midship.

We've done the same on the Crown and Caribbean Princesses, and were always lucky enough to find

we were either on the Aloha or Riviera decks when

we got on board.

i could be wrong but would say that an upgrade will depend on how well the sailing is selling- as to where you might end up- smart cookie, you are on the 4 night sailing with us- all websites are not even showing those 3 and 4 night sailings- will be interesting to see what you end up in but at least the price is good and you 'll be on a great ship! in a balcony !!

How did you make out? I'm thinking of booking the BE guarantee on the CP since all the balconies seem to be fore or aft anyway, so I'll take my chances on getting something better.

If anyone booked a BE guarantee can you tell me what you ended up with? Cruise is 88 days out and I just booked today.

THanks!

I booked a guarantee BF and was upgraded to a BA on the Grand - Lido deck.

i could be wrong but would say that an upgrade will depend on how well the sailing is selling- as to where you might end up- smart cookie, you are on the 4 night sailing with us- all websites are not even showing those 3 and 4 night sailings- will be interesting to see what you end up in but at least the price is good and you 'll be on a great ship! in a balcony !!

Hi pierced! The price was great, in fact, I told my husband it was cheaper than staying home. I don't think he bought it though.

We'll have to meet up embarkation day at the Aft bar.

Is this your first Princess cruise? I've cruised Disney, NCL, Carnival, RCL, Celebrity and did my first Princess cruise last year on the CB, and I loved it!

The anytime dining was great, it was just my sister and me so we were seated right away at larger tables, we met a lot of really nice people.

Princess is now tied for my favorite line with Celebrity.

Booking a Guarantee will 'almost always' get you at least a one category upgrade - IF you book early, because they want to keep the less expensive cabins open so others will book at the lower rate. With Princess (and some others) all the balcony cabins are about the size anway so all you are getting is a cabin in what someone has determined to be a 'better' location. Personally, I have never found much difference due to location - maybe I'm too easy to please. Note however, that is is rare (but not impossible) to be upgraded to a different class of cabin - balcony to mini-suite, for example.

Of course, since there are four BF cabins, there will be four bookings that get them. Maybe sometimes the people who get them are ones who booked lower categories and were upgraded. But probably not all the time.

Don't book one thinking you will be upgraded unless you would be happy if you're not upgraded.

hey smartcookie- we will def meet up april 27th- yes , this our first princess cruise and we are so excited about going- has been a while since i was on another line.....lol - have to say i have not had a bad cruise yet! put me on a ship at sea with a cocktail and some good company and that is all i need -

my dh didn't buy that " too cheap not to go " line either.....lol-

we don't sail til 7 p.m.- wonder what time muster will be...........and what time dinner for early seating will be...............

good luck with your upgrade- you will have a balcony no matter what cabin cat you end up in! :)

Of course, since there are four BF cabins, there will be four bookings that get them. Maybe sometimes the people who get them are ones who booked lower categories and were upgraded. But probably not all the time.

Don't book one thinking you will be upgraded unless you would be happy if you're not upgraded.

OF course not, I booked a BE guarantee, so at the least that's what I'll get, and so long as I have a Balcony, it's all good!

Just received a note today that we've been upgraded from our BF Guarantee to a BA cabin on Lido deck on the 4/12 sailing of the Golden. This was our first time trying a guarantee. We just booked 2 or 3 weeks ago after receiving a Princess flyer in the mail that showed some great prices. The voyage was soon after removed from showing on the web as having availability so I'm thinking it might be sold out which is why they can assign the cabins. I'm glad we didn't have to wait until boarding to get our cabin assignment but would have been okay with that too - we're pretty easy to please. I think we'd be happy with any balcony cabin but are looking forward to Lido deck and being able to avoid the elevators some of the time.

We no longer book a Guarantee balcony

two cruises ago we got lucky and were assigned a caribe balcony and that is the only balconies we like.

For our cruise in April and in Oct we booked a guarantee and got R727 for April - we don't want to be below cafe caribe because we like our afternoon naps. And in Oct we got Aloha 702 which is right were the elevators are so on both cruises we upgraded and got mid ship caribe deck cabins with the huge cabins.

So we learned and we will just book the cabin we want in the future.

Archived