carnival is trying to take away my 9 wrap

keene state mom

I book 8448 almost a year ago on the Valor, for 2/24. I received a call week ago telling me they wanted to upgrade me for 125.00 per person we can have a suite guarantee. I told them no way. yesterday I received my Doc's, and did the doc dance all night.

Today they sent me a confirmation e-mail that my room was now 8449 extended balcony instead.

I went into the booking part, and there was my room 8448 up for grabs.

I called and complained and waiting for a return call , can they do this. I am so upset, I read on cruise critic they did this before.

I have a quarantee booked for the second week as I am on a back to back, and they told me on the phone they were trying to help me out, by putting me in the same room. i told him to fix it, or i wil not be there. What do I do if they take that wrap away that is not booked as a guarantee. I paid full price for that room. Help me please Thanks

I book 8448 almost a year ago on the Valor, for 2/24. I received a call week ago telling me they wanted to upgrade me for 125.00 per person we can have a suite guarantee. I told them no way. yesterday I received my Doc's, and did the doc dance all night.

Today they sent me a confirmation e-mail that my room was now 8449 extended balcony instead.

I went into the booking part, and there was my room 8448 up for grabs.

I called and complained and waiting for a return call , can they do this. I am so upset, I read on cruise critic they did this before.

I have a quarantee booked for the second week as I am on a back to back, and they told me on the phone they were trying to help me out, by putting me in the same room. i told him to fix it, or i wil not be there. What do I do if they take that wrap away that is not booked as a guarantee. I paid full price for that room. Help me please Thanks

Stay on top of this....they are notorious for pulling this...They obviously have someone who wants your cabin and is willing to pay extra to get it. Or someone at Carnival has a family member that wants that cabin and they are trying to free it up.

Don't let them get away with it. If they do succeed in "evicting you" from you cabin...make sure they compensate you very handsomely. I don't think a $500 OBC would be un reasonable...maybe more.

Hello, if I were you, I would keep calling and "complaining." Call and demand to speak to supervisors. Your cruise is in less than a month so hopefully you can get it figured out asap. We're you supposed to hve that 8448 room on both of them, or were you switching the second week? If you only had 8448 for the first week, then make sure you make it clear that you dont care about switching the 2nd week. I'd honestly just keep pushing the issue, and if anything demand a discount and/or credit. Good Luck!!!

I told my guy at Carnival to mark my booking that I did not want to move under any circumstances! I would be beyond upset if they did that to me! :mad: Especially after having it booked an entire year! Nothing compares to an aft wrap IMO....they are our first choice when we cruise and book way in advance to insure we get one!

Please let us know the outcome!!!!!!

I agree, don't give up!! Please let us know what happens. I too, have heard of this happening before and Carnival needs to know this is not acceptable! Good luck, and I'm sorry you are having to have this battle so close to your vacation!

I just got off the phone, and yes they put everything back as was, after I told her I would use the Carnival quarantee and cancel, they were very nice about it, I am back in 8448 for the first and 8442 for the second. I have no idea why they even put me in 8449, when 8442 is and always has been available for the entire year.

The more I hear of this happening the more worried I get. I have a 9a aft wrap booked for my September btb on Glory. I'm booked in the same cabin for both legs so hopefully there won't be any issues but it does worry me. I didn't think about having my reservation marked that I don't want any upgrades though, I'll have my Ta put that in.

Terri

I just got off the phone, and yes they put everything back as was, after I told her I would use the Carnival quarantee and cancel, they were very nice about it, I am back in 8448 for the first and 8442 for the second. I have no idea why they even put me in 8449, when 8442 is and always has been available for the entire year.

Pay attention...just because it is fixed now doesn't mean it will stay fixed. There are many stories right here on Cruise Critic of folks who had their Wrap balcony taken away by the "Phantom Upgrade".

See this thread...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=595685

and this one...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=655279

I am booked on the Freedom for November 6 out of Rome and May 2009 out of Dover England and am booked into aft balcony NEXT to a wrap. Originally wanted 9A for the two of us but PVP told me there was a chance (a slight one) that if someone came along with three people that they would move me out of it. No way, Jose! I decided not to take the chance and picked my second choice and booked 8457 instead for both sailings. Askled PVP couldn't I pay the difference even if there were just two of us but pay for a phantom three and she said they would still take it away . . . possibly.

Unheard of on any of the other lines I've sailed. Usually you pay for what you want and that's what you get. Not so with Carnival I guess.

I am booked on the Freedom for November 6 out of Rome and May 2009 out of Dover England and am booked into aft balcony NEXT to a wrap. Originally wanted 9A for the two of us but PVP told me there was a chance (a slight one) that if someone came along with three people that they would move me out of it. No way, Jose! I decided not to take the chance and picked my second choice and booked 8457 instead for both sailings. Askled PVP couldn't I pay the difference even if there were just two of us but pay for a phantom three and she said they would still take it away . . . possibly.

Unheard of on any of the other lines I've sailed. Usually you pay for what you want and that's what you get. Not so with Carnival I guess.

Why would they take a wrap balcony for 3 people...Isn't that room actually smaller than the standard balcony room?

Askled PVP couldn't I pay the difference even if there were just two of us but pay for a phantom three and she said they would still take it away . . . possibly.

If I were in this situation and willing to pay for the third person, I would put a name to the third person and then they just wouldn't show up. How could Carnival possibly take it away then?

8448, and 8449 are the SAME category room. It's just that 8448 has a differently configured balcony. You still have a larger balcony with both of them. They are both 9A category.

You're on vacation. Don't let it ruin your whole trip.

No way would I EVER give up 8448 for 8449... yes you still get a larger balcony, but nowhere close to the wrap... Having that wrap makes a huge difference. I would take a closet with an aft wrap :p LOL

If I were you, I would definitely stay on top of this....Dont let one ,two , even three people tell you its all set ...The cruiseline entered in contract with you...They have to honor it the same as you have to honor it.....If you paid for a specific room #. Then that is what your contract is for...not a guarantee.... I would stay on this untill you left... if that specific room is what you wanted then you should have it... no questions asked....(easier said than done.,..I know) but you should get what you paid for

If I were you, I would definitely stay on top of this....Dont let one ,two , even three people tell you its all set ...The cruiseline entered in contract with you...They have to honor it the same as you have to honor it.....If you paid for a specific room #. Then that is what your contract is for...not a guarantee.... I would stay on this untill you left... if that specific room is what you wanted then you should have it... no questions asked....(easier said than done.,..I know) but you should get what you paid for

Unfortunately, in the fine print, they reserve the right to switch your rooms. So Legally, they can switch you...It is bad customer relations though.

You should definitely keep tabs on this frequently until you actually get you S&S card with the correct room number on it. In one of the links I listed above, the people had the wrap cabin number on their cruise documents, but when they arrived at port, they had been mysteriously "Upgraded" to a category 11 even though they requested no upgrades.

8448, and 8449 are the SAME category room. It's just that 8448 has a differently configured balcony. You still have a larger balcony with both of them. They are both 9A category.

They may be the same category, but these two cabins are nowhere close to being the same. I wouldn't take an upgrade to a cat 12 over the wrap, let alone switch to a cabin in the same category.

Archived