Port Everglades - Drop off luggage, return rental car, check-in, in that order?

jasm8449

We'll be renting a car at Fort Lauderdale airport, a couple of days prior to our cruise. On embarkation day, I'd like to drop the bags off at the pier, return the car, and cab/shuttle back to the pier without hauling our bags with us, then check in and board the ship.

Any reason I can't do this?

I've thought about that before, and I guess if lugging the luggage around a little is a problem then that is a good option. But there have been a few times (not always but common on weekends) when the traffic into and out of the port is very congested. For that reason, and since we're always anxious to get on board, we've generally just dropped the car rental first and then lugged our luggage onto the shuttle bus to the pier. We figure that would get us on board a tad quicker than making the look through to drop off our luggage first.

We'll be renting a car at Fort Lauderdale airport, a couple of days prior to our cruise. On embarkation day, I'd like to drop the bags off at the pier, return the car, and cab/shuttle back to the pier without hauling our bags with us, then check in and board the ship.

Any reason I can't do this?

That's the way we do it!:)

We usually take a cab back to the pier -- we've had problems with the shuttle in the past. (too many people, too much luggage...,).

Good luck!

Archived