Uses for Duct Tape on a Cruise??

Ronrocks!

O.K. so I am a little curious. I've read several packing list and most of them say "Duck Tape". So I was wondering how many of you have used duck tape on a cruise and what did you use it for? I know I use it to babysit my teenagers and such but I am sure ya'll have more uses than I so lets hear them!!

I actually brought duct tape on my first cruise and needed it. I had purchased a few pieces at the art auction (have never gone to one since:rolleyes: ) and one of them happened to be a carry off the ship piece.

Well, needless to say, the wrapping all came apart at the airport and my duct tape came in quite handy in wrapping it up again. :p I still bring it with me. It is kind of half a joke and half serious. Ya never know.

I take it and use it! Our Dec. cruise, it held the missletoe above our door.

On formal night, I put on my gown and realized I should have tried it on just before leaving for the cruise. It was a low back dress and since I lost a little weight recently, the back went a little too low! Thanks to duck tape (and hubby's help taping me to my dress) there were no 'wardrobe malfunctions'.:eek:

Would make it 102 uses for Duck tape?

I take it and use it! Our Dec. cruise, it held the missletoe above our door.

On formal night, I put on my gown and realized I should have tried it on just before leaving for the cruise. It was a low back dress and since I lost a little weight recently, the back went a little too low! Thanks to duck tape (and hubby's help taping me to my dress) there were no 'wardrobe malfunctions'.:eek:

Would that be 102 uses for Duck tape?

That is a good and original use for the tape! :)

I used it to put the hem back up on DH's suit pants...faster than a needle & thread, 5 minutes before dinner. Also used it to repair some luggage that went through some kind of a battle....it was a life saver then. A few pennies worth of duck tape versus a new piece of luggage to get home...:)

DUCK TAPE....1001 uses on a cruise....and did you know they sell it in a small flat package for traveling...you really don't need to bring a big giant roll...:) Love the stuff....

Something to keep the 'spice' going after a Rasaul treatment.

Babysitter

And actually:

Lint brush

Repair broken luggage

Tape a small piece, 'closing' the door for your kids state room (from outside, at the top)You can tell if the left the room, and they know you can tell

Tape a small piece, 'closing' the door for your kids state room (from outside, at the top)You can tell if the left the room, and they know you can tell

LOL. We used to do this to the kid's rooms when chaperoning the HS band trips.

At the time we took our cruise out of San Juan we only had inexpensive luggage. When we went to claim our luggage to get off the ship I discovered the entire zipper on my large piece had completely split open and nothing I tried would make it go back together. THANKFULLY I remembered that my duct tape was in my carry on.

So there I was on my hands and knees in the San Juan cruise terminal desperately trying to get my suitcase back together while the other 10 people in our party was outside in the van waiting to go to the airport (no pressure there).

I prayed it would still be intact until we got back to Atlanta and thankfully it was......needless to say I pack duct tape whether I need it or not.

Dianne

LOL. We used to do this to the kid's rooms when chaperoning the HS band trips.

Yea, but they just have one of their friends, not from the trip or group put the duct tape back on the door once they're inside. If you really think a little bit of tape is going to keep a kid in who wants to get out, then you might need to think again. Besides, what if someone thought it was funny to pull it off, when they really didn't leave the room? Then, the poor kids get yelled at for no reason.

I've never packed it, and never needed to use it. Then again, I'm also a minimalist traveler, pack lots of clothes and shoes, and that's about it. I use the ships shampoo, body wash, soap, towels, toothpaste, etc.

I used it to put the hem back up on DH's suit pants...faster than a needle & thread, 5 minutes before dinner. Also used it to repair some luggage that went through some kind of a battle....it was a life saver then. A few pennies worth of duck tape versus a new piece of luggage to get home...:)

DUCK TAPE....1001 uses on a cruise....and did you know they sell it in a small flat package for traveling...you really don't need to bring a big giant roll...:) Love the stuff....

Amazed at the uses for duck tape reported here. Thanks for the tip on the small flat package for travel!

I remember a story about a kid that found some duct tape in the back of his dad's station wagon (riding in the rear facing seat). Put a piece actross his mouth, and his hands... Dad could not figure out why everyone was giving him dirty looks when they passed...:D

I recall reading a thread and seeing photos of a high school prom where they all used duct tape to make their clothes.

We also have a bit of a joke about duct tape on the p and o aussie boards and at our christmas get together dinner a few were presented with "lovely" candles made from a roll of tape just right for a cruise.

Just joking I know candles are not allowed but it was so funny and makes for a great talking point on the dinner table

Duct tape (100mph tape, in the military) is just a handy last minute fix thing to have on-hand alot of times for reasons you don't think about before they happen! We are divers, and always have a roll on-hand! One use is to tape the extension cord we bring, across the ceiling to the fan on the nightstand! Wife has to have a fan blowing across her face when she sleeps and the only plug is a long ways away!!

Archived