Princess Air....A GOOD outcome

Murphey

There as been much discussion reagarding using Princess Air or not. To clarify, we never use PA on a simple RT ticket. However for repo cruises, they can often do a good job. We are returning home from Rome in May and purchased PA for that trip. The cost was less than 1/2 than what we could do it for ourselves. Now I realized that cost isn't always the determining factor, but in this case, we decided to just go with it. Yes, we were extrememly worried about our routing from Rome back to Portland, OR.

Imagine our surprise when today, I pulled up our itinerary. Non-stop Rome-JFK(leaving at 1:00p.m.). 2 hour layover (not bad with customs and what not), then non-stop JFK-PDX. No custom air.

Couldn't have done it better ourselves....Thank you Princess!!

Congratulations, sounds pretty good to me.

BUT...........Yes, I know, I am one of those 'BUT' people. :) Keep an eye on those flights, ours changed so many times before we left I had an entire folder full of flight changes. Hopefully yours will remain without change, but just a little heads up.

There as been much discussion reagarding using Princess Air or not. To clarify, we never use PA on a simple RT ticket. However for repo cruises, they can often do a good job. We are returning home from Rome in May and purchased PA for that trip. The cost was less than 1/2 than what we could do it for ourselves. Now I realized that cost isn't always the determining factor, but in this case, we decided to just go with it. Yes, we were extrememly worried about our routing from Rome back to Portland, OR.

Imagine our surprise when today, I pulled up our itinerary. Non-stop Rome-JFK(leaving at 1:00p.m.). 2 hour layover (not bad with customs and what not), then non-stop JFK-PDX. No custom air.

Couldn't have done it better ourselves....Thank you Princess!!

Nice to know that they can still screw it up once in awhile and do things the correct way. :eek:

Congratulations, sounds pretty good to me.

BUT...........Yes, I know, I am one of those 'BUT' people. :) Keep an eye on those flights, ours changed so many times before we left I had an entire folder full of flight changes. Hopefully yours will remain without change, but just a little heads up.

While I agree that lots of flight changes can happen, at this point, whatever happens will be the airlines messing with things and that would happen regardless of who booked it. I doubt that Princess would come back and change things...I could be wrong...

While I agree that lots of flight changes can happen, at this point, whatever happens will be the airlines messing with things and that would happen regardless of who booked it. I doubt that Princess would come back and change things...I could be wrong...

Murphey, Sorry, I didn't explain fully. Princess won't do anything to change your flights. It is the airlines that like to mix things up and change things. Sorry you misunderstood.

I agree with you about usually booking our own RT tickets. We decided to use Princess Air for the first time this April on the Emerald's trans-Atlantic sailing because it was below any price I could find. Our flights also look good coming home. Have enough time in Munich to grab lunch before flying home, and then we've got a short layover in D.C. (enough to clear customs and then catch the flight home).

While Princess Air isn't always the cheapest option, it is one worth checking (you may get a pleasant surprise).

Paying the $75 pp for air deviation with Princess Air still is much cheaper for many open jaw flights to or from Europe. This allows you to get the flights, airlines, connection times, and the seats you want over 300 days ahead of time.

Even with the air deviation, we have always done significantly better with cruise line air on open jaw, international flights. The most recent time we used it, we saved about 30% over what we could have done on our own (including using a consolidator). Also, many use miles for those kinds of flights, but I kind of hate relinquishing that many miles (same as for international round trip) when it's for one long leg and one short (domestic) leg as on repositioning cruises.

Archived