Aeroplan miles

Hey there, question for Aeroplan holders, I just booked a RCL cruise from a cruise website and wondering how I go about getting these points (200 per night apparently as a partner). Do I call RCL or the travel site or Aeroplan? I don't see a site for entering in our numbers on the RCL site. Thanks!

You have to call and give them your areoplan number, there is no other way you can register and it takes about 6 months to have them credited to your account.

So would I call the travel site to add it to my account or do I have to call RCL?

I have had problems getting my Aeroplan miles too.

Either you or your TA has to call RC to have the number applied, depending on who booked.

Even though this has been done for me, I still didn't get my points.:rolleyes:

You have to wait till 2 months after your cruise before you can write to claim the miles, but you have to be under 6 months since your cruise.

You will need proof of your cruise. Keep your cruise docs and your Seapass to send Aeroplan photocopies.

Send a letter, and your proof of cruising to:

Aeroplan Centre

PO Box 7737, Station Terminal

Vancouver, BC

V6B 5W9

Expect to wait months to hear anything. Aeroplan's voice mail is an absolute nightmare, and there is no email contact at all with them.

My TA is also trying to claim her points, and has RC looking into it for her. We will see what transpires there.

Rako20:

6 months to appear... is that what happened to you?

We were on the Serenade on October and we still don't have points showing... I've asked my TA to check on it a couple of times and haven't heard back from her...

MC

Ours have never taken longer than 3 weeks after the cruise. Check back on the Aeroplan website to the month you booked the cruise - that's where they put them in. We just cruised in mid-December and they were there by the first week of January.

I just had a dim light go off in my brain that I even HAVE an Aeroplan number - I usually collect United points when I cruise AC. So I sent an email to Crown & Anchor to try to collect points for past cruises - I'm still within 6 months on several. They said that they were transmitting the information to Air Canada, so we'll see...

Yes, I forgot to add that you should tell them when you booked the cruise. They want to know that date, and that is the day that the points will be attributed to.

Of course, if you book well in advance, you may not even be able to see this on the website, as it only goes back so far.

The girl I was talking to last time told me that she was trying to convince them to go with the sail date, as who remembers what day they booked their cruise? It was done iniitially like that, as this is a recent program (Nov. 2005), and they didn't want people claiming cruises that were booked before then. No worries with that now.

I have also had problems getting the Aeroplan points.

Contact Aeroplan at the following address:

Aeroplan Centre,

PO Box 7737,

Station Terminal

Vancouver

British Columbia

V6B 5W9

The person who helped me was Tara in the Credits Department. Her phone number is 1-604-295-4282. Fax number is 1-604-295-4244

The fastest way to get action is to send a fax to Tara at the above number and include a copy of your original booking confirmation. She was very helpful.

Because, RCL uses your booking date rather than sailing date, it is often impossible to see on the aeroplan website if you received the aeroplan points. Tara is able to confirm it for you.

andrew

We've had Aeroplan points several times on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean cruises. As some of you have said, they back date the points to the booking date. So since the Aeroplan site only goes back 12 months, it is possible that you will not be able to see the points. The only way, then, to see that they have been given is by keeping a monthly record of your accumulated points. You will see a jump in your point total for the month you booked the cruise. That is how we knew! :)

Gerry

Does this mean ANYONE can get Aeroplan miles if they book an RCCL cruise? All I have to do is call my TA and ask her to apply the number?

One time I asked about Aeroplan and she said I didn't get it because it was through Air Canada vacations and you had to book your flight as part of the package. Since we booked our air separate we didn't get the Aeroplan miles. (That was for Carnival)

From what I'm seeing here (and please someone confirm or correct me) all I can get 200 aeroplan miles per day for my cruise on RCCL?

This would be great since dh and I are saving all our points for airline tickets for 2009 to get to San Juan for our cruise in March 09.

Thanks guys, I found out today I have to mail in my proof of cruise with itinerary and proof of purchase to the Aeroplan office in Vancouver. When I called them, they said they did not have a fax number (which is odd).

One of the down sides of booking on line, when I called the website I booked on, they had NO CLUE what I was talking about and they don't do this sort of thing because they are not a "full service travel agency". When I called Royal Caribbean, they were quite rude I found, that I have to go back to the agency I bought my cruise from, because they "owned my contract". I mean this whole process is rather silly, its like pulling teeth to get anyone to give me my miles. Aeroplan was the nicest about it, but I think that it such a bother, but I'm going to do it because yes you get 200 miles a night on Royal (and Celebrity) as an Aeroplan partner.

Last time I booked through a TA, he took care of it for me. I guess you get what you pay for...

In my cynical brain, I wonder if it is done on purpose to make us fight for our points.:rolleyes:

Lord knows that RC (and other cruiselines) disregard our express wishes to be billed in US$ for our onboard account. They count on people not fighting that one, too.

RC has to pay to have this perk in place. If our points are not granted, well, they save money. A lot of people won't fight if they have to send a letter.

It is 10 minutes of your time. Photocopy your proof and mail it off. Your TA does not have to do this. Write down which cruise you were on and your booking date. 200 points per night does start to add up. It will probably take 6 months before you see your points, but I will fight for every one of mine.;)

Hi dirtgirl, I did not realize that they do not bill in US dollars for your onboard account??? So what you are saying is that if you link your credit card to your onboard account, they will bill you in Canadian dollars at THEIR premium price? How do I get around them trying to do that? I'd rather pay in US with my credit card and deal with the exchange rate from my credit card company which probably is much better!

Hi dirtgirl, I did not realize that they do not bill in US dollars for your onboard account??? So what you are saying is that if you link your credit card to your onboard account, they will bill you in Canadian dollars at THEIR premium price? How do I get around them trying to do that? I'd rather pay in US with my credit card and deal with the exchange rate from my credit card company which probably is much better!

It has happened to many international travelers! It happened to me in November, though I got double-dinged with my US$ Mastercard. I even wrote on the Setsail Pass to bill me in US. They billed me in CAD, then Mastercard switched it back to US. It is still not resolved.:(

My advice is to check the appropriate box saying you want to be charged in US$, highlight it, then write down that you want them to charge you in US$, and PHOTOCOPY THE FORM AND WRITE THAT YOU HAVE DONE THAT and date it. You see, Mastercard wants proof that you asked to be charged in US$, and you never get a copy of your Setsail Pass; they just take it away. If you photocopy it before your cruise, you have the proof.

I will never use my US$ credit card for onboard purchases again, so that if they try to swindle me, I will only be charged for one conversion instead of two.

Good luck!

Does this mean ANYONE can get Aeroplan miles if they book an RCCL cruise? All I have to do is call my TA and ask her to apply the number?

One time I asked about Aeroplan and she said I didn't get it because it was through Air Canada vacations and you had to book your flight as part of the package. Since we booked our air separate we didn't get the Aeroplan miles. (That was for Carnival)

From what I'm seeing here (and please someone confirm or correct me) all I can get 200 aeroplan miles per day for my cruise on RCCL?

This would be great since dh and I are saving all our points for airline tickets for 2009 to get to San Juan for our cruise in March 09.

On our last cruise in December, Radiance OTS, we went through a TA, who booked through Air Canada Vacations. She told us we would get a bonus of 5000 points. We booked air with Delta, so when the TA contacted Air Canada Vacations, she was told that the bonus of 5000 points only applied if we also booked our flights with Air Canada. We were disappointed with all of this, but we did get the 200 points per day per person for sailing with Royal Caribbean. And it only took a couple of weeks for the credit to be added to our accounts.

Gerry

We received our Aeroplan points for both cruise we have taken. the first time it took about 6 months but that was because I didn't know about the program and I had to send everything to Vancouver and I also had to follow it up after a couple months because nothing was applied. for our September curise it was posted right away but RCL had the number applied to our account. On another matter, I also just realized (because of this site) that I could request my cruise could be paid in US funds instead of ACD. I have an upcoming cruise booked directly with RCL which the downpayment was made in CAD funds & I called yesterday to have this converted back to US funds and I was told I would have to cancel & rebook. Has this happened to anyone else? This is a great site and I have learned so much. thanks a lot

Muriel

I hope it is safe to say this now... After our last cruise, I badgered both Aeroplan and RCI so much, they ended up giving me double credits on both mine and my DW's aeroplan accounts. :D

It was a good investment on their part though, as we almost always fly Air Canada and cruise RCI.

But now, if Ryan Air and Thompson cruises (both cut rate UK firms) were available in Canada, we might change our habits some day... ;)

If you Aeroplan number is applied you are entitled to 200 miles per person per night. Everyone must have their own number. It cannot all be applied to one person.

When you make your final payment be absolutely sure your number is still there. The last two cruises my number "fell off" when the final payment was made. When you get your copy of your booking from RCL look towards the bottom and it will say if your number is there. I am a TA and my number seems to "fall off" each time.

Your miles should appear on your account in 6 weeks or less. It will be posted on the date you booked. (pain).

For those that book with on-line or US TA's I'm afraid you will have a problem as that is no usually part of their booking procedures.

Always keep your seapass card. I've had to send ours to Vancouver once. Since then I've been very careful to follow the invoice. If you TA gives you a copy of RCL's invoice (customer copy) you will see that your number has been applied.

On our last cruise in December, Radiance OTS, we went through a TA, who booked through Air Canada Vacations. She told us we would get a bonus of 5000 points. We booked air with Delta, so when the TA contacted Air Canada Vacations, she was told that the bonus of 5000 points only applied if we also booked our flights with Air Canada. We were disappointed with all of this, but we did get the 200 points per day per person for sailing with Royal Caribbean. And it only took a couple of weeks for the credit to be added to our accounts.

Gerry

Hi Gerry, we also did a b2b cruise out of Bayonne in Dec. We have already received our Aeroplan Credits.

Maybe one day we will cruise together again. Hope you are both fine and enjoying cruising, I know we are. I have other cruises already planned and we will be returning to Hawaii, really enjoyed that one.

Take care

Suz

Archived