Reasonably priced transfer from FLL to Miami port?

Schplinky

Does anyone have any recommendations? We can rent a car for about $45 for the two of us but would prefer to forego the hassle. On the other hand, I'd rather not pay much more for transfers. Does anyone know what ship's transfers cost and what private shuttles run for?

Are you coming in the day before? If so, renting a car is no hassle at all if you rent from Hertz and stay at the Marriott Key Biscayne the night before. I did a 24 hour rental from Hertz, picked up at FLL and returned right there at the Marriott, it cost about $55 and was easy as pie, and it was nice to have the car to go out to dinner that night in Miami. We booked the Marriott through Celebrity's pre-cruise-packages, and so took the ship's transfer to the pier in the morning.

I forgot what transfers from FLL cost, but I remember that for the three of us it was more than renting the car.

I was able to get a shuttle van there at the baggage area. No problem. It was a shared ride van, but it still didn't take long to get there. Go to Google and search FLL transportation. I think there's only one shuttle service licensed to serve FLL. It's easy to get a shuttle back to FLL from the Miami port - just ask a porter.

Ken

TriCounty, now GoShuttle, does a shared ride from FLL to Port of Miami for $18 per person. I have used this from FLL both to the port and to MIA several times and have never ridden in the van. They have always put me in a town car for the same price with only one or two stops before I get off. Takes minimal time and is very convenient. Last did this in November.

We have used Tri-County in the past. Ask the dispatcher, or driver, if he is taking you directly to your destination, pier, hotel, wherever. We got on one of their vans once and were taken on a extended tour of downtown Miami and South Beach as three other passengers were dropped off at three different hotels. It took us an extra hour+ to get to the ship. If you have to wait a few minutes for another vehicle, it'll be worth it.

Rick and Deirdra

Does anyone have any recommendations? We can rent a car for about $45 for the two of us but would prefer to forego the hassle. On the other hand, I'd rather not pay much more for transfers. Does anyone know what ship's transfers cost and what private shuttles run for?

Hi, the ship's transfer from FLL airport to the Port of Miami

is 28.00.

We are coming a day early and renting from Thifty FLL (no extra charge for different drop off). We are staying the Embassy Suites in Miami (breakfast included) and dropping the car back at the Miami airport Thifty and taking their free shuttle to the pier.

Schplinky, Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm surprised that such a veteran would be asking this question; and moreover, would not post this on the Florida Departures board, where it is asked and answered almost every day.

But no matter, the GO Shuttle (fka Tri-County) http://www.floridalimo.com "shared ride" at $18 pp is the way to go. Just walk outside of baggage claim at FLL and you will see their desk. They promise to leave within 30 minutes of your request for transportation and you may or may not go directly to the pier in Miami. I have used them twice. The first time I was alone and did in fact wait almost 30 minutes before I boarded a van with several others. Our route was down A1A from Dania to South Beach, making several drop-offs along the way. It was about 2 hours from requesting the ride to getting to the ship. But I didn't mind a bit, because I enjoyed seeing what was new along the route and on Ocean Drive in South Beach. My second experience was one year ago and my party of 2 were very quickly put in a Lincoln sedan with another couple also bound for POM. Our route was directly there via I-95.

They do not offer return service from the ship to FLL, but I hear there are often shared cabs there offering their services for about $20 or so pp, but this could depend on how many ships are disembarking that particular day. I almost always rent a car when I return, but I schedule my flight late at night, so get a good days use out of the car on my way up to FLL.

........Just saw that you booked Century. I'm sailing in a week, so will be able to tell you anything you want to know. Flying in and out of MIA though this time. Prices were same as FLL this year.

Archived