Scenic Barbardos/Cameron Reid tour question

Nickymjw1

Well, when we contacted him, we had a definite destination in mind. We had been to Barbados a few years ago, and had gone to Welchman Hall Gully, Andromeda Gardens, and the Flower Farm. We really wanted to go to the Wildlife Reserve, but it is pretty far north on the island, so we asked Cameron if we could go by way of the east coast (which is magnificent since it is on the more unsheltered Atlantic side) and stop at Ragged Point Lighthouse, which we had seen pictures of on the internet. So that's what we did. Cameron also suggested that we stop at St. John's Church, since we were driving right past it anyway. We were so glad we did that, because it was beautiful and historic. He waited for us at the Wildlife Reserve and then we wanted to go back to the ship for lunch, since we had other plans for the afternoon. He knows the island very well and can answer just about any question you may have about the things you are driving by.

It's really what you are interested in. I would suggest getting on websites for Barbados, or even looking through your ship's excursions, to get an idea of what the island has to offer. You may be interested in photo ops, shopping, native crafts, beaches, history, local flora - Barbados kind of has it all. So if you can figure out some things you're interested in seeing, Cameron can put together a tour for you or suggest some things that you haven't thought of if you let him know the kind of things you like.

Here is the link for our pictures - http://travel.webshots.com/album/559854230RbhNJd

The Barbados ones are on pages 5 and 6 - Cameron is in the last shot on Page 6!

jeanlyon,

Did you have to book a separate tour to swim with the sea turtles. Whatever you did sounds perfect for us. Half of our family votes sea turtles, and the other half votes Harrison's caves. Would love more info if you have it!

Debbie

Half of our family votes sea turtles, and the other half votes Harrison's caves.
Do them both!

they're not that far away from each other

and in the process of transiting Port - Caves - Turtles - Port

you'll get to see a fair chunk of the island

- and that's without doing anything else!

CinnamOn, read your posting with much interest as my husband and I and another couple toured Barbados with Cameron Reid in December from the NCL Jewel. Somehow, we neglected to take his photo, and now that I am putting my albums together, I'd very much like to have one. If you could email me his photo in a resolution high enough to make a print, I'd be most appreciative! :) Such a lovely man, isn't he? He is just a delight to tour with!

GG

fandchammond@suddenlink.net

Archived