O's tiny shower mystery

marylander2

I'm a bit confused. While taking a shower, the floor in the bathroom gets wet? I assume that means we can't put a bathmat or towel on the floor and I hate the thought of standing on tile. What do you do? Let's face it, now that we know how to shave in the shower, any questions are fair game!!!!:p

I'm a bit confused. While taking a shower, the floor in the bathroom gets wet? I assume that means we can't put a bathmat or towel on the floor and I hate the thought of standing on tile. What do you do? Let's face it, now that we know how to shave in the shower, any questions are fair game!!!!:p

Well, yes and no. The floor CAN get wet, but not by much, and not far from the shower. Just outside the bottom lip of the shower, the floor is shaped into a small gutter, wth a drain at the end. If water spills from the shower, it pretty much does not get much past the gutter. If water spills on the bathroom floor, for any reason (say, you dropped an ice bucket full of melted ice), it will run into the gutter and down the drain.

Of course, in the process, the shower mat (like a big, fluffy towel) may well get wet. If, after the first experience, you find this is the case, you might put the shower mat on the sink counter or the (closed) toilet seat while you shower. However, regardless of how wildly I have flung the curtains or where I have pointed the shower head, I have not reached more than a corner of the shower mat.

If the penultimate result is a wet floor, however, you will not be standing on tile -- the entire bathroom, including the floor and all of the walls, are fiberglass -- it's no different than standing in the shower, itself.

Bear in mind, all of this is about the cabins below penthouse level -- concierge (category A) and below. I have never seen, nor do I expect to see, a bathroom in the penthouse, vista or owner's suites. However, my understanding is that the shower in the penthouse suites is inside the bathtub, so all of the above discussion is moot. Personally, I would rather step over a 2" high lip into a nice, floor level shower, even if the curtain does flutter, than climb over the side of a bathtub to get into the shower.

If, after the first experience, you find this is the case, you might put the shower mat on the sink counter or the (closed) toilet seat while you shower.

GOOD GOD! Thank you, oh thank you Don and Betsy! CLOSED! Of course! No wonder it didn't work for me. CLOSED! <slaps forehead>

;)

Well, yes and no. The floor CAN get wet, but not by much, and not far from the shower. Just outside the bottom lip of the shower, the floor is shaped into a small gutter, wth a drain at the end. If water spills from the shower, it pretty much does not get much past the gutter. If water spills on the bathroom floor, for any reason (say, you dropped an ice bucket full of melted ice), it will run into the gutter and down the drain.

Of course, in the process, the shower mat (like a big, fluffy towel) may well get wet. If, after the first experience, you find this is the case, you might put the shower mat on the sink counter or the (closed) toilet seat while you shower. However, regardless of how wildly I have flung the curtains or where I have pointed the shower head, I have not reached more than a corner of the shower mat.

If the penultimate result is a wet floor, however, you will not be standing on tile -- the entire bathroom, including the floor and all of the walls, are fiberglass -- it's no different than standing in the shower, itself.

Bear in mind, all of this is about the cabins below penthouse level -- concierge (category A) and below. I have never seen, nor do I expect to see, a bathroom in the penthouse, vista or owner's suites. However, my understanding is that the shower in the penthouse suites is inside the bathtub, so all of the above discussion is moot. Personally, I would rather step over a 2" high lip into a nice, floor level shower, even if the curtain does flutter, than climb over the side of a bathtub to get into the shower.

Ah, you have done well, my friend. Now I understand. No, I don't want to climb Everest to get a shower, either. The old legs don't move as good as they used to. Thank ye, my "Dashing" friend.

"I have never seen, nor do I expect to see, a bathroom in the penthouse, vista or owner's suites."

Don't give up hope.....when the steward is cleaning the cabin......and the 'owners' are out....just go in and ask if you can look around.....I've done it.....the steward is usually only to happy to show you around....

Or....on disembarkation day when the cabin is empty.....go in and look around.....it's the only way I have, or ever will see, a cabin in that category....and it's free, too!!

My very first Oceania cruise is coming up in March, and I'm very much looking forward to the fluffy towels, yummy bathroom amenities, and even a wet floor in the bathroom.....it's part of the fun cruise experience!!! :D

"I have never seen, nor do I expect to see, a bathroom in the penthouse, vista or owner's suites."

Don't give up hope.....when the steward is cleaning the cabin......and the 'owners' are out....just go in and ask if you can look around.....I've done it.....the steward is usually only to happy to show you around....

:D

Do mean that you get a look around when passengers are using the cabin (not in at the time)? :eek:

i do hope Oceania does not allow this. I would be annoyed if someone was touring my cabin while I was out.

On embarkation/debarkation day is ok, but certainly not while occupied by passengers

Do mean that you get a look around when passengers are using the cabin (not in at the time)? :eek:

i do hope Oceania does not allow this. I would be annoyed if someone was touring my cabin while I was out.

On embarkation/debarkation day is ok, but certainly not while occupied by passengers

As soon as I posted this, I thought...ooops, it is going to be misinterpreted. No, I do not enter the cabin if it is occupied....what I meant is.......if the door is open, and I'm passing by......I simply plant my feet at the door and peek in. I do not enter the cabin at all. Nor do I 'peek' for long.....it is an invasion of privacy and I respect that....but the door is open for all passersby to see anyway.

I would certainly not be that rude, nor would I like it done to me. Only if the cabin is already empty of occupants....would I enter, with permission, to look around.

Sorry for the confusion!! My fault...:o

As soon as I posted this, I thought...ooops, it is going to be misinterpreted. No, I do not enter the cabin if it is occupied....what I meant is.......if the door is open, and I'm passing by......I simply plant my feet at the door and peek in. I do not enter the cabin at all. Nor do I 'peek' for long.....it is an invasion of privacy and I respect that....but the door is open for all passersby to see anyway.

I am glad to hear that.

Most of the time on O I have seen the door shut with a sign on the door "cleaning in progress"

You are very witty. I just want to shower you with compliments.:p

The 'razor' sharp wit of some of these board members is astounding.... :p :p

We're a cut above the rest.

All of this cameraderie, good humor and wit is draining my energy. I know that it's a stall tactic, but it's curtains for me.

I am glad to hear that.

Most of the time on O I have seen the door shut with a sign on the door "cleaning in progress"

Actually, I'm glad to hear that!! I've never been on an Oceania cruise, first one next month. I was referring to the mainstream cruises that I've been on...where they do keep the door open...for all to see!!!

Is this just a 'soap' and mirrors tactic to make us think that you're stalling....hahahahahahaha :p

You are just trying to get me in a lather so I'll come clean with you. It's a close shave, but I decline.

Archived