Sign and sail questions- Not wanting drinks to appear on the bill

wizdiz

Since you're over 35, may have a job and I'll guess don't have a drinking problem, then pay for your own drinks and tell your parents that you will most likely be having more than 2 per day but not to worry as you will be calling them everyday just like my sister-in-law did at age 30 on her 3-week long honeymoon in Italy. Cut the cord, man.:D

Keep in mind that the bar credits will still show up on your S&S, if the bartender rings up your drink correctly. On our last cruise, we were suprised to see all our drinks listed with either 000 in the price column, or with the cost on and then deducted. They WILL ask for your S&S card with the coupon. Depending on when you're sailing, how about asking the 'rents for an on-board credit? That way they can pay without having their feelings hurt, and you can enjoy your vacation as you wish.

Sometimes I've been asked for my card, sometimes I haven't (just tell them my folio number), so that isn't always the case... and I've never had them show up on my S&S card... just another example of the inconsistency, LOL

I had bar coupons last cruise and each time I used them they showed up on my S&S with a net cost of -0-. So I'm not sure the coupons would "hide" the evidence.

You are absolutely correct. And Carnival Liberty was the first ship in the fleet to start doing that last year, by asking for your S&S card along with the drink coupons. The server would write down your folio #, and then is was supposed to show up as a zero dollar amount. Food & Beverage manager said was was to assist them with alcohol inventory.

Sometimes I've been asked for my card, sometimes I haven't (just tell them my folio number), so that isn't always the case... and I've never had them show up on my S&S card... just another example of the inconsistency, LOL

that's why I clarified by saying...."if the bartender rings them up correctly"...

LOL oh no not trying to get my parents pay for my drinks. I'm over 30. The only reason for me wanting to do this is their views on drinking. I've travelled with them before and just know their views on drinking. I personally don't feel if you have 3-4 drinks in an entire day there is nothing wrong with it. I already tried to tell them don't worry about it it was my vacation and wanted to pay but they took that as an insult. So I guess will buy bar credits. Thanks for all the info so fast!

I'm over 40 and I still find that my mother has times when she wants to question how much my brother or I have had to drink. In all fairness to her, it is because she had an alcoholic father and fears that someone else in the family may have inherited that. (So far, no one has . . . thank goodness.)

If I were you, I would do one of two things. Either ask your parents if they will just give you a cash amount that they are willing to spend and then just go apply that to your S&S at the beginning, or have your cabin mate use his S&S for the bar tabs, and you pay for your portion. Or . . . you are over 30, after all . . . you could just decline the offer that they want to pay for your S&S bill and just tell them thanks, but you would be willing to let them pay for a few things that you need for the trip, like a camera, Summer clothes, new luggage, etc.

Drink coupons or something else separate from the s&s account might be best.

Along with some unlimited drinking ship sponsored excursions--we once took a snorkel trip that included all the rum punch one could drink on the way back--very nice. This would be charged to s&s and say nada about drinking.

I suggest you order a bar set-up from Carnival and hide it in the closet. The bar set-up phone number is 1-800-522-7648. You can call them in advance, order what you would like and pay for it with your own credit card. No one will ever know. The goods will be in your room when you embark.

Archived