Adding a Passenger that hasn't been born

Dr_DNA

This may be an odd question, but can you add a passenger to a reservation before he/she is born? I know that there are concerns about capacity on the ship and would hate to have to cancel because the ship is booked to capacity.

Nope, you cannot "add" a passenger that does not actually possess a birth certificate.

You just need to make sure that you grab a room that can accommodate the number of people that you will have at the time of cruising, and make sure that the agent you talk to understands that you will be adding an infant when the infant is born.

This may be an odd question, but can you add a passenger to a reservation before he/she is born? I know that there are concerns about capacity on the ship and would hate to have to cancel because the ship is booked to capacity.

I might be totally crazy, but I think I remember a thread about this last year where someone said they were able to do this. Hopefully, someone else will see this and be able to let you know for sure!

I'm not sure what line you're planning on sailing, but some lines don't allow babies under 6 months so make sure to check the age requirement before booking your cruise. Good luck!

I'm not sure what line you're planning on sailing, but some lines don't allow babies under 6 months so make sure to check the age requirement before booking your cruise. Good luck!

Royal Caribbean. I couldn't find an age limit on their website, so does anyone know if RC has an age limit policy?

There must be some way to do this, as even if you have a cabin that may hold four people, you may not be able to add another one if the ship is at passenger capacity. Good suggestion about the age; check the minimum passenger age for your cruise line first.

Talk to the cruise line or your TA.

Royal Caribbean. I couldn't find an age limit on their website, so does anyone know if RC has an age limit policy?

RC does not have a minimum age, however they suggest you not cruise until the infant is at least six months old.

We booked on NCL before my DS was born. If we had known what we were going to name him at the time they would have gone ahead and put the name in. Since we were undecided on the name, they booked him as TBA or BABY <LASTNAME> or something like that. If I remember correctly, we had to pay a deposit on a 3rd passenger as well.

When I booked our DS and DIL on our Baltics cruise for this May, I didn't know if the new baby would be a boy or a girl. The NCL agent was very accommodating. She booked the new one as BABY TBA. A couple of months later I had a name and called NCL back. At that time they entered the name and I paid the 3rd pax deposit (which for NCL more than paid the total fare for the less than 2-year old passenger:)).

A few days later I received an email of congratulations from the original NCL agent. She had been monitoring our rezzies and as soon as she saw a name in there, she emailed us. Cute! :D

~d

Archived