Breakfast

jam82

We will be traveling on the Conquest next month. I've heard that Carnival has 24 hour room service. I would like to know if this includes a hot breakfast (like eggs and pancakes) during breakfast hours. On our last Carnival cruise I know they offered a cold breakfast service, but we didn't inquire about room service.

We will be traveling on the Conquest next month. I've heard that Carnival has 24 hour room service. I would like to know if this includes a hot breakfast (like eggs and pancakes) during breakfast hours. On our last Carnival cruise I know they offered a cold breakfast service, but we didn't inquire about room service.

Room service does not provide a hot breakfast. You will need to go to the dining room or the Lido deck buffet for something hot.

Room service is mostly all cold stuff, no hot breakfast,

You can get a bagel and lox, and yogurt, cereals, danish, muffin, but nothing like eggs or bacon, or hot cereals.

We always order a pot of coffee and maybe a muffin or something small for early morning, and then go to the dining room a bit later for regular breakfast.

Room service is mostly all cold stuff, no hot breakfast,

You can get a bagel and lox, and yogurt, cereals, danish, muffin, but nothing like eggs or bacon, or hot cereals.

We always order a pot of coffee and maybe a muffin or something small for early morning, and then go to the dining room a bit later for regular breakfast.

Go to the Lido and get whatever you want, then turn empty plates upside dowon on top of it and stack whatever else you need. We enjoyed a full hot breakfast on our balcony everyday...and I even tipped myself ;)

are you reading the same post?

Yes, he said they did offer a cold breakfast service, but he didn't check with room service.

That to me implies that he never found a hot breakfast service anywhere.

Am I the only one that reads everything in english?

Yes, he said they did offer a cold breakfast service, but he didn't check with room service.

That to me implies that he never found a hot breakfast service anywhere.

Am I the only one that reads everything in english?

You are not reading this in English. They never said that they couldn't find service for hot breakfast anywhere. They said they didn't ask room service if they offered a hot breakfast. Maybe you need to lighten up!

(first of all, hello Morgansmommy from Morgsmom ;) )

On the lines we have been on that did offer "hot" breakfast, it is a scoop (literally -- an ice cream scoop!!!) of the nastiest scrambled eggs you've ever had, made hours ago and kept under a heat lamp.. or so it seemed.

Send your DH or teens or traveling companion up to get you a fresh omelet and bring it back to your cabin. My only comment, however, is to PLEASE return your tray & garbage back to the buffet area after you dress and get ready for the day. (I know I will get flack for this.)

Room service is one thing, but passengers who leave nasty plates of piled up stuff in the hallways really get my goat. I don't believe that the rooms stewards shoud have to deal with the piles of uneaten bacon (take what you can and will eat as I promise there WILL be more bacon tomorrow). The room stewards have enough tasks.

just my thoughts

You are not reading this in English. They never said that they couldn't find service for hot breakfast anywhere. They said they didn't ask room service if they offered a hot breakfast. Maybe you need to lighten up!

If you've read any of my other posts you would know that I am so lightened up that i sometimes don't make sense.

But i read the post 3 times before responding and I take my food especially breakfast VERY seriously. My first cruise is in just over a week. I think I am pretty positive I could find hot breakfast somewhere.

You might wanna have a nice cup of coffee and enjoy your day.

The only cruise line we've been on that offered hot breakfast food items from their room service menu was Royal Caribbean.

On our recent Carnival Glory cruise we would fill out a card and hang it on our door, and the next morning a caraffe of coffee would be delivered at the time we requested, along with croissants, muffins, bagels, and smoked salmon with cream cheese, and orange/tomato juice. We would enjoy that wearing our Carnival robes out on our balcony. What a nice start to the day!

Then after we showered and got ready for the day, a couple hours later, we'd go to the buffet for eggs and bacon. Oink Oink!! :) Never thought about going up to the buffet and actually bringing freshly made omelettes, etc. back to the room. Next time!! :)

Someone just posted they got a text message from Ecstasy who just pulled into Galveston and one of the cruisers is in the dining room enjoying eggs benedict. I woke up hungry this morning!!! mmmmmm

Iv found one advantage of eating in the dining room for breakfast is you get more choices of juice than from the buffet.

I can't eat first thing when I wake up in the morning, so it doesn't matter to me about the hot breakfast deal - besides, why would I want to eat in my messy room when I can go to the beatiful dining room!

The GREAT thing with room service is getting woken (waken, what's the right word?) up by a knock on the door and presented with a pot of hot coffee. I LOVE that!! It's heaven compared to the blare of my stinkin' alarm clock in the real world! (and then I've gotta go make my own coffee!!)

Anni

Actually, I can sort of see how it was interpreted that way... because what you say above is not what was said in the original post :o She said "I know they offered a cold breakfast service, but we didn't inquire about room service", I figured out what the OP meant after reading it again... but just because someone interprets something differently there is no need to jump on them... sometimes we don't all interpret things the same way :)

I can't eat first thing when I wake up in the morning, so it doesn't matter to me about the hot breakfast deal - besides, why would I want to eat in my messy room when I can go to the beatiful dining room!

The GREAT thing with room service is getting woken (waken, what's the right word?) up by a knock on the door and presented with a pot of hot coffee. I LOVE that!! It's heaven compared to the blare of my stinkin' alarm clock in the real world! (and then I've gotta go make my own coffee!!)

Anni

you don't eat in your room, silly :) You eat on your balcony....or in bed ;)

Sixgun8 was right.... that was a confusing post

Send your DH or teens or traveling companion up to get you a fresh omelet and bring it back to your cabin.

PLEASE return your tray & garbage back to the buffet area after you dress and get ready for the day.

take what you can and will eat as I promise there WILL be more bacon tomorrow

The room stewards have enough tasks.

No offense, Morgsmom, but you sound like EVERYONE'S mom.

Take my tray back to the buffet ???? Have my "partner" go fetch my breakfast ??

LOL.

There is a reason the derivation of the term "service personnel" is the word "serve". Serve includes clean up.

Im not a snob, but that's their job. I hate to tell you this Morgsmom, but its someone's job to wash your toilet, to mop the floors youve walked on, to clean the pool that someone's kid pee'd in, to clean the elevator glass that you put your fingers on, and to clean the mess that someone made after drinking too much and feeling the sway of the ocean and losing it in the hallway on the Promenade deck. All these people work in the service industry....

So, yes, they can clean up the dirty dishes when ive paid $3,000 for my cruise for 2, including cruise fare, taxes, automatic service charges, additional gratuities, drinks, and incidentals.

Please don't misunderstand, I have no plans to go out of my way to make their job harder, but i think its reasonable to expect them to do their job. I'll leave the plates from the buffet neatly stacked in my room when i am finished.

(first of all, hello Morgansmommy from Morgsmom ;) )

On the lines we have been on that did offer "hot" breakfast, it is a scoop (literally -- an ice cream scoop!!!) of the nastiest scrambled eggs you've ever had, made hours ago and kept under a heat lamp.. or so it seemed.

Send your DH or teens or traveling companion up to get you a fresh omelet and bring it back to your cabin. My only comment, however, is to PLEASE return your tray & garbage back to the buffet area after you dress and get ready for the day. (I know I will get flack for this.)

Room service is one thing, but passengers who leave nasty plates of piled up stuff in the hallways really get my goat. I don't believe that the rooms stewards shoud have to deal with the piles of uneaten bacon (take what you can and will eat as I promise there WILL be more bacon tomorrow). The room stewards have enough tasks.

just my thoughts

Are you implying that they recycle the bacon? this is absurd!!

Archived