Pt Canaveral Motel with parking

MSEm

The Radisson is the only hotel that has a free shuttle and no matter which room you book, you can get free parking. Some others have free parking but not a free shuttle but its only a couple of dollars. If you book the cruise special on other hotels you can get the free parking and shuttle and breakfast of course.

Even the $99 hot rate on their site, for the Radisson gives you everything except the free breakfast you get if you book the cruise special (its $9.99 per person, but there is a mcdonalds across the street).

You might check shirley out below, lots of hotel info on the florida depatures thread under the east coast depatures, they moved all of florida together now.

1/2 mile from pier.....free shuttle.............free parking

Long 1/2 mile? too far to walk! Yes, its right before you get to the Radisson next on the same road. So now the shuttle is free even if you dont get the cruise special, then they could have changed. Probably so they were competitive with the Radisson who did it first. They used to charge for their shuttle if you didnt pay for the cruise special.

I would say both these hotels though are your best bets for parking at the port, easiest and used to cruisers.

The upside to the Country Inn is they give everyone a free breakfast too.

My husband and I are leaving on a 7 day cruise on Glory Saturday 2-16-08 and we are staying at Country Inns and Suites By Carlson.

They allow your car to stay at the hotel while you cruise and this is free.I understand that the shuttle cost $3.00 pp over to the cruise terminal.

The hotel is approx. 1/2 mile from the port and of the 44 reviews on trip advisor about the hotel , only one was negative. The hotel also has a deluxe continential breakfeast .

The hotel phone number is 321-784-8500

There are other hotels with cruise parking, the cruise and park at Days Inn down the road in Cocoa Beach is across from the pier and some rooms have a little bit of ocean view. Its a good choice if you want to play on the beach. The shuttle was $4 pp last time I checked.

The road all these hotels are on is very busy, 4 busy lanes. But the road where the port is, thats like a 6 lane freeway. Country Inn may say 1/2 mile to where you turn off to the ports, but you cant walk along the freeway with suitcases safely, just so someone doesnt get the idea you can walk there. Where both Country Inn and Radisson are, you are so close to the port as the crow flies that when you wake up the morning of your cruise you can stand out by the road, A1A, and see your ship in the morning. A few rooms at each hotel you can even see the ships.

there are other choices, I wasnt trying to imply that, but after checking them all out, I narrowed it down to the two above mentioned for cost reasons. The Radisson had sleep number beds which we enjoyed trying out. Id stay at whichever one was cheaper for the date you needed.

We always stay at the Radisson because we like the tiki bar and the rooms. Their breakfast buffet is good and we go early to avoid the crowds. We used the park and shuttle the first cruise we took and we'll never use them again. We felt it was handled very poorly and we ended up waiting an hour past our shuttle time and then had an extremely rude individual who was "managing" the shuttles. He lied straight to our faces. We drive to the pier and park plus we can head over before the Radisson even starts running shuttles.

We always stay at the Radisson because we like the tiki bar and the rooms. Their breakfast buffet is good and we go early to avoid the crowds. We used the park and shuttle the first cruise we took and we'll never use them again. We felt it was handled very poorly and we ended up waiting an hour past our shuttle time and then had an extremely rude individual who was "managing" the shuttles. He lied straight to our faces. We drive to the pier and park plus we can head over before the Radisson even starts running shuttles.

You could call a taxi and still park free??

Yes, the Country Inn is newer, but the Radisson has the better pool (and tiki bar lol). I did self disembark and didnt hear that they dont start picking you up until 8:30 and we waited for an hour and a half almost with mosquitoes by the port. The shuttle for the Country Inn was on their third trip by the time Country Inn started, but I guess that was my fault for not listening. I should have stayed on board and had breakfast. I did sign up for the shuttle as soon as I booked, rather than wait until I got there, so I was on the first shuttle to the port, that helped.

You could call a taxi and still park free??

Yes, the Country Inn is newer, but the Radisson has the better pool (and tiki bar lol). I did self disembark and didnt hear that they dont start picking you up until 8:30 and we waited for an hour and a half almost with mosquitoes by the port. The shuttle for the Country Inn was on their third trip by the time Country Inn started, but I guess that was my fault for not listening. I should have stayed on board and had breakfast. I did sign up for the shuttle as soon as I booked, rather than wait until I got there, so I was on the first shuttle to the port, that helped.

We pay because we can go grab our car and just leave. To us it's just more convenient. We're willing to pay for convenience.

Love the Tiki Bar.;)

Just booked the County Inn and Suites:

Got a great deal thru www.hotwire.com

Get free breakfast

Only $3.00 per person for shuttle

Free parking

Have fun....

I looked at hotwire and betterbidding had not identified any of the hotels as Country Inn so I was afraid to have to pay first and then find out which hotel I got. Good that you got it!!! :D You did get the best deal of any of us it sounds like.

Archived