Ft. Lauderdale hotel recommendations (for pre-cruise)?

Nacwolin

Does anyone know if there is a hotel with a shuttle to the cruise port AND free parking for the week? We found a deal like that at Port Canaveral last year.

If your talking about Port Everglades in Ft lauderdale there's two hotels that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that offer safe free parking while your away on your cruise, free breakfast and free transportation to the port:

LAQUINTA INN & SUITES

2620 North 26th Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33020

954-922-2295

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

HAMPTON INN PLANTATION

7801 S.W. 6th Street

Plantation, FL, 33324954-382-4500

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=42O0PCTQRR5E2CSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

You might want to look into the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club (a Hilton Property). It is newly renovated, and the rooms look beautiful! I have it booked for this April. I will post a review. So far the customer service has been excellent! I have been communicating with the concierge about reserving a car. She made all the reservations, and even sent a detailed itinerary. The rates for your dates look like they are around 139 per night.

I have reserved a room here for us - thanks for the tip. I will be interested to hear any reviews! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2retire viewpost.gif

afcj1,

I have also booked the Ramada, sight unseen, for one night pre-cruise for the same reasons you did. Our flight arrives at 7:30 p.m., the shuttle picks us up and takes us to the hotel, there is a restaurant in the hotel for a quick bite to eat, breakfast at the hotel in the morning is included, and the shuttle takes us back to Port Everglades in the morning.

The restaurant is said to be basic but good food; I don't normally eat in upscale restaurants at home, and I'll be on a ship for 10 days where I can eat whatever my little heart desires.

It may be a rough neighbourhood, but I won't be leaving the hotel, and there were absolutely no reports on TripAdvisor about anyone being robbed or mugged, or even feeling unsafe.

Our stay will be the night of March 24; I will try to remember to report back here with a first hand report upon my return.

Bonnie

Count me in as another Ramada Inn occupant on March 20 & 21. On March 21st another 8 families will be joining us from our group. I promise to post a review when I get home. By the way....RI is sold out for those 2 days!

Jan

Quote:

Count me in as another Ramada Inn occupant on March 20 & 21. On March 21st another 8 families will be joining us from our group. I promise to post a review when I get home. By the way....RI is sold out for those 2 days!

Jan

Jan,

I hope you remember to post your review:D I'm very curious now. I hope you have a great cruise...during Spring break:eek:

Annette

Quote:

afcj1,

I have also booked the Ramada, sight unseen, for one night pre-cruise for the same reasons you did. Our flight arrives at 7:30 p.m., the shuttle picks us up and takes us to the hotel, there is a restaurant in the hotel for a quick bite to eat, breakfast at the hotel in the morning is included, and the shuttle takes us back to Port Everglades in the morning.

The restaurant is said to be basic but good food; I don't normally eat in upscale restaurants at home, and I'll be on a ship for 10 days where I can eat whatever my little heart desires.

It may be a rough neighbourhood, but I won't be leaving the hotel, and there were absolutely no reports on TripAdvisor about anyone being robbed or mugged, or even feeling unsafe.

Our stay will be the night of March 24; I will try to remember to report back here with a first hand report upon my return.

Bonnie

Jan

I am so happy that people are finally staying at the Ramada Inn and not listening to these people who probably have never stayed there. We stayed there in January, 2007 and again in January 2008 and just as soon as I can book, will be staying there in January 2009. As far as the restaurant is concerned, the food is very good. We drive so have not used the service from the airport, however, my SIL and BIL have and have experienced no problems at all. The rooms are clean, not the Ritz, but who cares. The breakfast in the morning is great. What more can you possibly want.

Happy Cruising All

I am trying to book a hotel in FLL with parking, airport shuttle and port drop off service for 3/2008. This is what I found out so far.

Parking at Port Everglades is $12 a day. If you have a vehicle with special equipment like ramps, you may be able to park for free but they inspect your vehicle first.

Park n' Fly wants $12.50. Other advertisements for local parking at a discount are not available during our visit.

As for hotels with free parking during your cruise, I called Hampton Inn as stated in the above post and they said you are not allowed to leave your car there if you are not staying there, period. LaQuinta does not have port drop off any day but weekends and the CSR claimed he could not hear me when I asked about free parking.

Comfort Inn is $6.00 a day, Sleep Inn is $7.00, Ramada Inn is $10.00 plus tax. All have free parking during your stay. Be careful on stated free shuttle service anywhere as some are run limited hours and not 24 hours.

Red Carpet is terrible, Ramada not much better. All Marriotts were over $200. Hotwire had nothing. Orbitz hotel search will not load properly. Expedia does not let you search for free shuttle service. An amazing number of web sites will not let you search by distance to airport but give you everything in every city in the area and want you to sort through them.

Phew, booking the cruise itself is the easy part!

Where did you find that the Ramada will shuttle you to the port of miami? I have the same issue where we are flying into FLL and our cruise is out of Maimi.

We're flying into FLL in October and have booked a room at this hotel. They have a pkg for cruisers that incl pick-up @ the airport and drop off at POM. My total cost, for this time of year, was $128.75.

I found the discount code on CC, use the advanced search and promo code LPCP. If there are any other discounts, AAA, Senior, etc., you can input that too. This is not a pay in advance, so you can cancel 24 hrs before arrival.

Since we're coming from CO, there's no early/non-stop flights into MIA. The flight to FLL is cheaper and even though the room is $10-$20 more, it's all going to balance.

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port

2275 SR 84

Marina Mile Rd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US

Phone: 954-584-4000

Thank you so much for the information! I also can get the package for $128.75 for May 4 for one night. I was going to book the Sleep Inn in Dania and then a shared shuttle to Port of Miami from FLL. But this is cheaper and it is for only one night.

We're flying into FLL in October and have booked a room at this hotel. They have a pkg for cruisers that incl pick-up @ the airport and drop off at POM. My total cost, for this time of year, was $128.75.

I found the discount code on CC, use the advanced search and promo code LPCP. If there are any other discounts, AAA, Senior, etc., you can input that too. This is not a pay in advance, so you can cancel 24 hrs before arrival.

Since we're coming from CO, there's no early/non-stop flights into MIA. The flight to FLL is cheaper and even though the room is $10-$20 more, it's all going to balance.

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port

2275 SR 84

Marina Mile Rd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US

Phone: 954-584-4000

Thank you so much for the information! I also can get the package for $128.75 for May 4 for one night. I was going to book the Sleep Inn in Dania and then a shared shuttle to Port of Miami from FLL. But this is cheaper and it is for only one night.

YEAH!!

Another good find from these boards. :D

Enjoy your cruise.

• 10 months later...
Quote:

afcj1,

Bonnie

Jan

The Ramada Airport Cruiseport gets my vote too, along with the CAA's. We have stayed there a couple of times and think it is perfect for a quick overnight stay.

We stated at that Ramada and had to switch rooms because the first one was not very clean, but they were accomodating and switched us. The shuttle was efficient and worked out well. The area is hard to walk around because of roads and industrial areas, but my DW and I walked west to the Botanical gardens and enjoyed the area there.

I found that for shuttling the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd is a tad more expensive and is in a better area, with better food sources for dinner and the breakfast buffet is good. The shuttles go to the port Everglades and you can arrange transportation to the POM.

GT

The Ramada Airport Cruiseport gets my vote too, along with the CAA's. We have stayed there a couple of times and think it is perfect for a quick overnight stay.

As long as you don't venture off the property after dark. :rolleyes:

We stated at that Ramada and had to switch rooms because the first one was not very clean, but they were accomodating and switched us. The shuttle was efficient and worked out well. The area is hard to walk around because of roads and industrial areas, but my DW and I walked west to the Botanical gardens and enjoyed the area there.

Botanical gardens? When you go out the front door, turn right and walk 10 minutes (at the most) you come to nice, practically hidden conservation area. Where are the botanical gardens?

I have reservations at Comfort Suites on Davie Rd/ 64th ave for Feb 21. I can get Hyatt Place on 10th for just 20 dollars more but I would also have to taxi to the port instead of the free shuttle from Comfort. Should I stay at Comfort or go to Hyatt? We don't arrive to FLL until 8pm and will be boarding the next day.

Should I stay at Comfort or go to Hyatt? We don't arrive to FLL until 8pm and will be boarding the next day.

With an 8pm arrival it makes sense to stay at the most economical property of the two.

Yes, The comfort inn on Stirling Rd has the shuttle both ways and the small mall right around the corner and restaurants is a plus. I see the rate for AAA is at $109 plus taxes. The Hyatt Place is a lot more than that plus the taxi of about $15 airport to hotel and then another $15 hotel to port.

The gardens near the Ramada is the "conservation area" but had a lot of flowers and paths along the river and bridges over marsh and swampy area. Not a large place, but it took up a couple of hours of slow walking.

I would agree about the don't go out at night, because of the industrial nature and lots of highway and street traffic.

GT

This is a great thread. We are looking for a hotel pre cruise, as well, but are wondering which of these hotels have a little "night life" close by? It's just the girls and we are looking to start our "girls cruise" a wee bit early.....:D Thanks!

This is a great thread. We are looking for a hotel pre cruise, as well, but are wondering which of these hotels have a little "night life" close by? It's just the girls and we are looking to start our "girls cruise" a wee bit early.....:D Thanks!

icruiz2, That's a very easy question...Riverside Hotel is in the middle of Las Olas Blvd, and just .5 mile from SW 2nd St. bars and clubs. The downtown Hampton Inn is only 2 blocks from 2nd St. but it is in an area that I wouldn't walk to in the dark, as there is of course crime in our city and there aren't enough people around.

Courtyard Marriott Fort Laud beach and Marriott Beachplace are 3 star hotels by the beachfront nightlife (Beachplace is closest).

Need a bit of help deciding between Embassy Suites and Hilton Beach Resort. Using points, so price is not much of an issue. Just day/overnight prior to boarding.

We stayed at the ES in 2003, so we are familiar with it, but had been told it might be a bit dated.

Thanks in advance.

icruiz2, That's a very easy question...Riverside Hotel is in the middle of Las Olas Blvd, and just .5 mile from SW 2nd St. bars and clubs. The downtown Hampton Inn is only 2 blocks from 2nd St. but it is in an area that I wouldn't walk to in the dark, as there is of course crime in our city and there aren't enough people around.

Courtyard Marriott Fort Laud beach and Marriott Beachplace are 3 star hotels by the beachfront nightlife (Beachplace is closest).

Have been to beach place before (hotel we used to stay at seems to be no longer there?). Maybe we'll try out the Riverside. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We've booked this for our cruise next February. Really want to stay at La Quinta Hollywood, but thy haven't opened up their rooms yet. If they are too expensive I'll keep Ramada and hope La Quinta goes down in price the closer it gets to Feb. 2010.

Ramada had some good reviews on Trip Advisor from people who stayed there in February & early March.

Also good reviews for Rodeway Inn in the same area.

We will be taking airport shuttle to hotel and just stay put till time to leave for the ship. Don't plan on walking in the area.

Archived