Ft. Lauderdale hotel recommendations (for pre-cruise)?

Nacwolin

I originally had reservations at Ramada and then changed to Rodeway where I got a better rate.A couple of weeks ago I was reading about others getting LaQuinta on Priceline.I bid on it and got it for less than either of the others and I know it is a nice place since I stayed there before.We are staying on a Thursday night,March 26.I got the hotel about 3 weeks ago.Might want to have a back-up hotel and closer to the time bid on Priceline and see if you get La Quinta.I guess it depends how filled up it is if they put rooms on Priceline.

I originally had reservations at Ramada and then changed to Rodeway where I got a better rate.A couple of weeks ago I was reading about others getting LaQuinta on Priceline.I bid on it and got it for less than either of the others and I know it is a nice place since I stayed there before.We are staying on a Thursday night,March 26.I got the hotel about 3 weeks ago.Might want to have a back-up hotel and closer to the time bid on Priceline and see if you get La Quinta.I guess it depends how filled up it is if they put rooms on Priceline.

What price did Priceline accept if you don't mind sharing?

We are thinking of staying at the Renaissance on 17th Street (about a block from the Embassy Suites) in Ft. Lauderdale. It's supposed to be really close to the cruise terminal.

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance on 17th Street? We are looking for your comments. Thanks.

We are thinking of staying at the Renaissance on 17th Street (about a block from the Embassy Suites) in Ft. Lauderdale. It's supposed to be really close to the cruise terminal.

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance on 17th Street? We are looking for your comments. Thanks.

We stayed at the Rennaissance for 3 nights post cruise a couple years ago. It was a very nice hotel and across the street from the terminal.

I still don't think you can walk it though.

I see you'll be on the Oasis of the Seas for the next Super Bowl. Enjoy!:)

Bill

This is a great thread. We are looking for a hotel pre cruise, as well, but are wondering which of these hotels have a little "night life" close by? It's just the girls and we are looking to start our "girls cruise" a wee bit early.....:D Thanks!

You definitely want The Riverside. You'll love the nightlife on Las Olas.

S.S.Oceanlover -

Thanks for your comments. Yes, we will be onboard for the Super Bowl. We definitely are a bit nervous about what the cost of airfare will be - especially for the outbound flight from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale on 2/5.

We can only hope it won't be too bad.

S.S.Oceanlover -

Thanks for your comments. Yes, we will be onboard for the Super Bowl. We definitely are a bit nervous about what the cost of airfare will be - especially for the outbound flight from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale on 2/5.

We can only hope it won't be too bad.

Wow I didn't think about that. The Super Bowl is also being played in Miami. YIKES! The first decent priced flights you can find you had better jump on them.

Bill

Wow I didn't think about that. The Super Bowl is also being played in Miami. YIKES! The first decent priced flights you can find you had better jump on them.

Bill

Not only that, "South Florida" is the official host area, not just Miami. Pro Bowl is being played there the previous weekend as well. Rooms and airfare could be pricey.

http://www.southfloridasuperbowl.com/

Not only that, "South Florida" is the official host area, not just Miami. Pro Bowl is being played there the previous weekend as well. Rooms and airfare could be pricey.

Yep. The media and NFL are headquartered out of Fort Lauderdale and the game is being played in Miami. Rooms will be expensive from Ft. Pierce to Key Largo.

This looks like as good a thread as any to post this.

Stayed in Ft. Lauderdale pre and post cruise Feb 28th and March 8th. Both hotels were booked through Hotwire for about $140.

Hilton Ft. Lauderdale airport pre-cruise: Nice enough rooms, but there is absolutely nothing around this hotel if you need food or supplies/alcohol. The restaurant in the hotel has terrible food and service and is over-priced. We took a cab to the nearest liquor store which was in a bad neighborhood, and the cab driver basically ripped us off. I'd say only stay here if you are getting in very late and are just going to sleep.

Rennaisance 17th St. for post cruise. Nice hotel with a great location. Lots of restaurants and stores in walking distance. Took the trolley to the beach, and the hotel also has a very nice pool. We'll would definitely stay there again.

Does anyone have any info on Best Western? They have comp. shuttle service to the port.

Hi Dena & Scott! Since we don't know which Best Western or which port, maybe you want to start a new thread so this doesn't get lost?

Also, in South Florida, one of the worst things you can do is base your hotel on free shuttle. Most free shuttles aren't worth the hassle or the wait and many of the better hotels you want to stay at do not provide them. A cab ride is usually around $10.

If you are cruising out of Miami, the airport is the worst possible place to stay.

Rennaisance 17th St. for post cruise. Nice hotel with a great location. Lots of restaurants and stores in walking distance. Took the trolley to the beach, and the hotel also has a very nice pool. We'll would definitely stay there again.

Thanks for posting your review on the hotels that you used. Always great to read about the hotel you are going to be staying at.

Laura

Archived