Bermuda?

warmwinds

I thought X was gone from the Bermuda market, yet I was on hold this morning and they kept saying "ask about our cruises to Bermuda out of Cape Liberty"...well, in true X fashion I was on hold so long I finally hung up and found the answer I was seeking on line.

But I then looked to find cruises to Bermuda and only found one - a repositioning that starts in Bayonne and and ends in Ft. Lauderdale - is this "one" cruise the one they were referring to in their recording?

I thought X was gone from the Bermuda market, yet I was on hold this morning and they kept saying "ask about our cruises to Bermuda out of Cape Liberty"...well, in true X fashion I was on hold so long I finally hung up and found the answer I was seeking on line.

But I then looked to find cruises to Bermuda and only found one - a repositioning that starts in Bayonne and and ends in Ft. Lauderdale - is this "one" cruise the one they were referring to in their recording?

Hi Warmwinds :)

I believe that is the only one and I had done a lot of research on Bermuda Cruises when I was planning a family reunion for this summer.

It appears the only options are a five night cruise on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and a seven night cruise on a Norwegian Ship.

The five night Explorer of the Seas Cruise to Bermuda rotates with a longer cruise to the Caribbean.

Who know what will happen once Solstice and Equinox are on line. They might very well run a ship doing 5 nights to Bermuda and 9 nights to the Caribbean like the Explorer or the Seas. Or maybe 10 & 11 nighters Bermuda to Caribbean and back. I'm looking forward to new itineraries in April.

Of course it doesn't help those who want to go this summer

Hi Rick.........

We are also on the repo in October; Rich is right, we have a really great, talkative, goofy group on this cruise.

What's interesting about the Bermuda stop is that it is overnight. Considering the arrival time and departure late afternoon the next day, we do have time for touring or whatever you choose on each day.

Check us out on the roll call thread.

Hi Everyone !

I was wondering if Celebrity is staying away from Bermuda due to a great deal of construction in the Kings Wharf port area. Perhaps their exit is only temporary. I hope that Celebrity or Azamara will offer some Bermuda itineraries for 2009/2010. We should know the answer within the next 2-3 months. Stay Tuned !

I did read somewhere that Azamara is purchasing/building 2 new ships around the same size as the Journey, but I'm not convinced they'll be back for the Bermuda run anytime soon. Are there any ships at all going into Hamilton at for the upcoming season? I only see NCL docking in St. George and the Wharf, and RCCL at the Wharf.

Bah Humbug on the 5 nighters = 1.5 days in Bermuda -- spoiled by the 3.5 days of yore.

I was on hold this morning and they kept saying "ask about our cruises to Bermuda out of Cape Liberty"...well, in true X fashion I was on hold so long I finally hung up and found the answer I was seeking on line.

Either an old message, or they are getting ready to announce new itineraries to Bermuda.:confused: Please stay on the line longer next time. ;)

I did read somewhere that Azamara is purchasing/building 2 new ships around the same size as the Journey, but I'm not convinced they'll be back for the Bermuda run anytime soon. Are there any ships at all going into Hamilton at for the upcoming season? I only see NCL docking in St. George and the Wharf, and RCCL at the Wharf.

Bah Humbug on the 5 nighters = 1.5 days in Bermuda -- spoiled by the 3.5 days of yore.

Hi Pattycakes !

Azamara has not confirmed the 2 new ships yet, but some of us are anticipating some news soon. Even if that were to happen, those ships are 3 years away, so they wont be sailing in Bermuda anytime soon. When I was referring to Azamara in 2009, I was thinking more along the lines of Journey or possibly Quest. I am certainly rooting for a return to Bermuda by Azamara or Celebrity. We'll see what happens.

Archived