Any body else being inundated with offers from princess?

penkitten86

We've been getting lots of flyers, :) but none of them have been for a bargain.:(

Same here. The prices just don't seem that cheap. Maybe they're targeting the upcoming tax rebates. (Unfortunately, I've already used that up booking a land vacation in Cape Cod). :D

had just been reading this thread when husband went to get the mail and came back with a Princess flier -- this is the third this week. I look thru them but the prices are so high never book because of it. But it does give me ideas for future cruises.

How can I get my name off their mailings?

Yes..tired of fed up of adding them to the recycle. They did have an effect...be just got off a HAL cruise. Got tired of the beds, the terrible coffee, and the constant announcements for the art auctions. Can't tell you about bargains, as we shop the web-not the brochures.

quote=Carol P.I received 3 flyers from them yesterday. They are trying to sell inside cabins on one flyer. Also doing Europe cruises too. I don't mind getting them just wish I'd find a "real" bargain somewhere.

Well, the $799 deal for South America was something I would have jumped on if I wasn't already going on another cruise in a week.

I get emails from several cruise lines we have traveled with.

One was from Princess in November with a deal we accepted. Was offering $399 inside $599 balcony cabins for three sailings in Jan/Fed for 7 day Mexican Riviera.

We snatched one of each (across the hall from each other) and took our family. Was a great deal.

I like them. Might be a great deal...and if not, the delete button is fast and easy.

Normally, a company will advertise more heavily when their business is not doing as well as they'd like. Are cruise ships sailing partially full now? The thought in the message above, about them trying to catch our tax refund or the $600 per person economy bailout dollars, is also good. You can rest assured there is a strong business reason to do it, other than to irritate you with junk mail.

Same here. The prices just don't seem that cheap. Maybe they're targeting the upcoming tax rebates. (Unfortunately, I've already used that up booking a land vacation in Cape Cod). :D

Nothing yesterday, but 3 today from Princess, 1 from Crystal, 1 from Oceania, and a couple from Viking and Grand European Tours. Still no real bargains.

Unfortunately I will probably use the rebate to pay my taxes.

quote=Carol P.I received 3 flyers from them yesterday. They are trying to sell inside cabins on one flyer. Also doing Europe cruises too. I don't mind getting them just wish I'd find a "real" bargain somewhere.

Well, the $799 deal for South America was something I would have jumped on if I wasn't already going on another cruise in a week.

I got one in an E:mail, incredible deal. I agree, we'd have jumped on it too if we didn't have two coming up.

This is what is called in the cruise industry as Wave Month (actually it lasts longer than a month in reality)...More bookings are made during this time period each year than any other time. If you notice, you are seeing more cruise commercials on TV now also....Alot of advertising budget is spent now so you will book with them and not a competing cruise line..They can pretty much gauge from the Wave Sales, what the rest of the year will look like.

Archived