Practical question for the Ladies

Dave&Robin

Ok, I'm wondering how the rest of you ladies deal with this. Unless you book a Sky Suite of higher, the bathroom just has a shower stall. How do you manage to shave your legs? Can you request one of those little stools for the shower? At home I can sit on the side of the tub, but standing on one foot in the shower on a moving ship can be just a tad bit challenging! I know this sounds funny, but I am quite serious and open to any suggestions.

I've only been on one cruise, but I didn't have any problems in the shower stall with the boat moving. I just had my back against the shower wall to steady myself. If it's a concern, you could always get an electric razor that you can use out of the shower. Just an idea.

The spa has huge showers that are free for the taking.

I had a treatment last year on Century and after experiencing the very large shower with luxurious shower head, asked the therapist if the showers were available at all times with no charge and the answer was yes. You could fit five of the cabin showers in one of the spa stalls. LOL

Cheers

Tammy

Or you can choose not to shave and have them braided on an island.

hahahaha:D

Actually, I have never shaved my legs while on a cruise. Guess

that puts me in the minority:rolleyes:

I shave the day before I leave home and don't even

bring a razor with me.

Why not have them waxed before you go, and they should be good for the whole of the cruise.

Absolutely. I've had my lower legs waxed for several years now and it lasts about three months before I have to do it again. And I don't cut myself anymore with a razor. :D

Lois,

I am sooo envious. I wish I could shave before the cruise and then wait till afterwards but after about day 4 I think we would be talking braids!!

I use the same technique as sondrad, Back firmly planted against the wall. It keeps you pretty steady.

I just realized that is one plus for HAL. Most of the bathrooms have bathtubs!

I HAVE to shave my legs daily or it bugs me too much - wish I could go w/o but I can't so I use the Intuition razor. They are sold with the disposable razors.

It comes with the soap on the razor and it is really easy to use in the shower. I travel all over on trains, RV's, etc where showers are often small and you don't want to touch the sides of the stalls! These razors work great and I buy one before a trip and it lasts the whole time. I highly recommend them if you are a razor gal ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered the Intuition on our twice a year, five day camping trips at a big music festival. The showers (thank goodness there are any!) are way tinier than on a ship, and the Intuition does the double duty of shaving and getting all the dirt off my legs from walking throughout a very rustic camp usually in flip-flops all day long. It has been a godsend. Worked perfectly on both cruises last year--I highly recommend them!

Cathy

Laser hair removal before the cruise! I haven't shaved my legs for a year.

I have a good friend who did that several years ago and never had to shave again. It took 5 sessions (to get all the hair growth cycles) and $1000 (which I thought was bizarre at the time), but it's beginning to look better to me all the time.

She said it was very painful, though. Maybe they could knock me out. Or maybe a few martinis beforehand....:p

I have a good friend who did that several years ago and never had to shave again. It took 5 sessions (to get all the hair growth cycles) and $1000 (which I thought was bizarre at the time), but it's beginning to look better to me all the time.

She said it was very painful, though. Maybe they could knock me out. Or maybe a few martinis beforehand....:p

You won't need the martinis. Well, okay, I guess they would never be wasted. ;) They say laser hair removal is like having an elastic band snap against you. The only place I found it uncomfortable was in a couple of bony areas such as around the ankles. You can apply a topical anaesthetic cream if you are really squeemish (maybe the first time you do the bikini area). It is a lot less painful than waxing.

The freedom to never have to shave is unbelievable. I wish I could have had it done when I was 16!

The other upside is that my husband no longer gets mad at me for using his razors :D

The downside is that I won't be able to have my leg hair braided on the islands as someone suggested :(

Keep in mind when you have it done that you have to do it before you get that tan. It works best if you have dark hair and white skin.

Archived