Lemonade???

taszmom

I have to warn you that if you are counting on lemonade you are going to have to ask a crew member or bartender about where and when to find it. We have never seen it being served and have never seen a pax drinking lemonade. We knew when to look for it, we are always in the pool areas in the morning on sea days and still never have seen lemonade. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that lemonade is not served. I am saying that it must not always be readily apparent, so anybody new to HAL and wanting lemonade should know they may have to make an effort not to miss it. We are in the pool area on sea days and on the three HAL ships/4 cruises we have been on we have never been aware of lemonade being offered because if we had seen it we would have had some.

That I can assure you they do NOT have, stillfrantic, at least not on the Oosterdam, Maasdam, or Rotterdam. We had originally hoped it would be available in the Lido at lunch- seems like a no brainer to have a lemonade next to the ice tea, especially in the Caribbean. Disappointing. And I know for sure it is not being offered around the pools for any length of time or we would not have missed it.

I have to warn you that if you are counting on lemonade you are going to have to ask a crew member or bartender about where and when to find it. We have never seen it being served and have never seen a pax drinking lemonade. We knew when to look for it, we are always in the pool areas in the morning on sea days and still never have seen lemonade. :rolleyes:

Hard to imagine how you missed it if you were out on deck. We have NEVER failed to have it offered/served to us on a Caribbean/Panama Canal/Med cruise.

Hang around the aft pool. I've never missed it there.

You can also make your own lemonade.....one glass, water, ice, several slices of lemon and sweetner. It's easy enough.

GREAT idea.....if we want some during a time period when it is not offered ready mixed, I'll be making some for us.

Now that they have splenda readily available, it'll be great and calorie free!!! :)

That I can assure you they do NOT have, stillfrantic, at least not on the Oosterdam, Maasdam, or Rotterdam. We had originally hoped it would be available in the Lido at lunch- seems like a no brainer to have a lemonade next to the ice tea, especially in the Caribbean. Disappointing. And I know for sure it is not being offered around the pools for any length of time or we would not have missed it.
Oh goodness, I wasn't doubting that they didn't have it. I was just offering my opinion that I think it is appalling that they don't offer it as a complementary drink around the clock.

GREAT idea.....if we want some during a time period when it is not offered ready mixed, I'll be making some for us.

Now that they have splenda readily available, it'll be great and calorie free!!! :)

Is HAL providing Splenda now? There wasn't any on the Zui last month.

Hang around the aft pool. I've never missed it there.

You can also make your own lemonade.....one glass, water, ice, several slices of lemon and sweetner. It's easy enough.

Thats what we did, we even like brewed ice tea so I made a hot cup of tea, poured it over ice, added lemon and tada :)

How about during dinner in the dining room? Can I get lemonade there if I ask my waiter or busboy?

Marc

Have never seen it served there and doubt that you can get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask - all they can say is "no".

On RCL's Brilliance of the Seas, when I asked for lemonade the first night at dinner. I was told that it was not available in the dining room but that they had it in the Lido buffet. The bus boy assured me that he would make sure to have some for me the next evening. For the remainder of the cruise, a glass of lemonade was waiting for me on the table when we entered the dining room and I could always get a refill. Of course, the busboy had earned himself an additional tip!

Marc

I like lemonade so we carry Crystal Light along with a 2 quart mixing container in our checked suitcase. We buy the six-pack tube which contains six packets each of which will make 2 quarts of lemonade. This makes it possible for us to enjoy lemonade anytime we want it and it is much more convenient than trying to carry cokes.

The only time I have seen lemonade furnished by HAL has been on-shore at the tender docks.

I like lemonade so we carry Crystal Light along with a 2 quart mixing container in our checked suitcase. We buy the six-pack tube which contains six packets each of which will make 2 quarts of lemonade. This makes it possible for us to enjoy lemonade anytime we want it and it is much more convenient than trying to carry cokes.

The only time I have seen lemonade furnished by HAL has been on-shore at the tender docks.

User8...great suggestion! My daughter likes the Crystal Light Lemonade and those little tubs are real easy to pack. In fact, I don't think she would like a "real" lemonade if mommy squeezed her some lemons in a glass and added sugar....kids. On previous cruises, we would ask for lemonade at the various bars, and we got the lemon lime mixes they use for drinks...she didn't like it.

Archived