Past Guest Party

Simru12

Quick question here....

I've seen a few posts in regards to a 'Past Guest Party'. Is there a certain number of cruises you have to hit to be invited? (We've only been on one Princess cruise). Is it a wine and cheese thing, or just a meet and greet? Any giveaways at it?

(OK.... More than one quesiton. Sorry)

It's extremely crowded and yes, they give away drinks and nibbles. We always avoid them like the plague -- too crowded with people looking for free drinks.

Exactly, I would be willing to bet the drinks are watered down. :D

Mike:)

The past guest party is for everyone with one or more previous cruises on Princess. It is usually held on the second formal night. You will get an invitation delivered to your cabin a few days before. Bring the invite with you. It is your ticket in the door.

The past guest party is for everyone with one or more previous cruises on Princess. It is usually held on the second formal night. You will get an invitation delivered to your cabin a few days before. Bring the invite with you. It is your ticket in the door.

Thanks Paul. Just what I wanted.

Quick question here....

I've seen a few posts in regards to a 'Past Guest Party'. Is there a certain number of cruises you have to hit to be invited? (We've only been on one Princess cruise). Is it a wine and cheese thing, or just a meet and greet? Any giveaways at it?

(OK.... More than one quesiton. Sorry)

The also have a most traveled get together in Skywalkers with free cocktails and a great horderves table. :D

This is usually limited to 30-40.

On our last cruise though the Panama Canal on the old Regal Princess there was a past pass. party. But there was no "receiving line" to shake hands with the Cap't or one of the upper staff members. It can be crowded and it can be pleasant. It is a great spot to people watch. needing the invitation is not always necessary. We have had them but several times have not been asked for them, unless they had a receiving line and wanted to know your name. I usually keep them in my pocket and only get them out if asked for them.

I think we would enjoy cruising together.:D :D
Any time. :)

The ONLY time we go to a past passenger or most-cruised party is when my sister and BIL, who have cruised on Princess far more than I have, are scheduled to get a most-cruised present. They're notified in advance to be there so we show up. It doesn't happen often, though.

The two that we went to were so different. The first one on the Sapphire had a long receiving line and the waitstaff did a good job circulating with the drinks and canapes.

For the second one, we got there a few minutes after 7pm (the starting time) as we were dropping off our kid at the fun zone. No line. A crew member checked our invitation and then waved us in. The captain was standing there in his non-formal uniform (short sleeves) and greeted us. We took a seat and were ignored by the waiters. Finally got the eyes of one of them. No canapes, unless you were lucky. A really long spiel about the upcoming ships.

The drinks were watered down at both, which is fine for me as stronger drinks would give me migraines.

We usually sit up at the bar and order what we want. We give the bartender a nice tip and he keeps the good stuff coming.:D On my last curise which was to Hawaii, the captain ended up standing right next to where I was sitting. He was so nice and chatty with a great sense of humor. He allowed us to take several pictures with him. They came out better than those posed pics taken by the photographers. Better prices too. :p In one picture we were leaned toward each other so we could hear what the other was saying and it looks like we were kissing. Gave us all a good laugh.

We usually sit up at the bar and order what we want. We give the bartender a nice tip and he keeps the good stuff coming.:D On my last curise which was to Hawaii, the captain ended up standing right next to where I was sitting. He was so nice and chatty with a great sense of humor. He allowed us to take several pictures with him. They came out better than those posed pics taken by the photographers. Better prices too. :p In one picture we were leaned toward each other so we could hear what the other was saying and it looks like we were kissing. Gave us all a good laugh.

We have enjoyed all of the Past Guest Parties as well. I am surprised that many of the comments are so negative. Yes - the premixed drinks are pretty week but I like Champagne (which is on the tray also) and they will bring any drink you order. We tend to meet some really nice people since we arrive early.

So I guess like anything else it is what you make of it.:)

Archived